Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Scoreboard change


andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

It not so much the not moving on, it’s the childish way a ton of people are acting about the entire situation. 

The entire reasoning for getting rid of the Sioux name was childish. And very ignorant.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jeeebuzz fark......

Can we just talk about our magnificently large and in no way overcompensating scoreboard instead of heading back to the NCAA/SBoHE/PatheticUNDLeadership debacle process discussion....

Its massive, I cant wait to see it in person, the old lamp is awkwardly hidden and a bit out of place, so what. It takes zero dollars away from anything else. Get over it.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I view the preservation of the logos in the building as a sort of homage to Ralph.    When someone comes up with a spreadsheet that explains how a lamp being on the bottom of a scoreboard is having a negative effect on the financial situation of UND, or the competitive ability of the UND athletic teams, I'll consider joining those who seemingly won't be satisfied until every seat in the building is obstructed view due to a hawk logo being in your sightline.  Until then, let's find something else to complain about.   

Perfectly said, sir.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Everybodys!  What a great gift for UND and fans of Fighting Sioux Hockey!!

From a quick read, it's no surprise to me that all the forum folks are strongly behind the new scoreboard and especially the retention of the glorious Fighting Sioux fixture in its traditional center-hung location.  And, I think we can all agree how important tradition is, especially preserving it for the University's premier sports program-  Men's Ice Hockey.  Furthermore, It's equally apparent that everyone continues to be embarrassed by the sight of the cartoonishly awful USPS er, "Hawk" logo, and are thankful it's relegated to a simple icon, occupying only the minimal percentage of that gorgeous high resolution display.  But, I must implore you all to please try to move forward, and embrace the new traditions that are to come with as little recognition as possible for that train wreck of a millennial safe-space gender mis-identified peace dove.

Go REA Big Screen and Go Sioux!!

taz

  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Taz Boy said:

Hey Everybodys!  What a great gift for UND and fans of Fighting Sioux Hockey!!

From a quick read, it's no surprise to me that all the forum folks are strongly behind the new scoreboard and especially the retention of the glorious Fighting Sioux fixture in its traditional center-hung location.  And, I think we can all agree how important tradition is, especially preserving it for the University's premier sports program-  Men's Ice Hockey.  Furthermore, It's equally apparent that everyone continues to be embarrassed by the sight of the cartoonishly awful USPS er, "Hawk" logo, and are thankful it's relegated to a simple icon, occupying only the minimal percentage of that gorgeous high resolution display.  But, I must implore you all to please try to move forward, and embrace the new traditions that are to come with as little recognition as possible for that train wreck of a millennial safe-space gender mis-identified peace dove.

Go REA Big Screen and Go Sioux!!

taz

Hey, @Taz Boy and those of you who love Fighting Sioux hockey and the old logo...I'm surprised I don't see some of your names in the "Mystery Raffle," as I'm certain you'd like one of the four prizes!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Out getting historically accurate logos put on them?

You might be closer to accurate on this than you think. But what's going to be the reaction when there is no Brien logo on any of the green banners?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Lost in all this is...

Where our natty banners ?

I'd guess they have been down during the scoreboard construction. When they were down during a game last yr, I tweeted the REA about it and was told they had been removed for another event...the circus or something that had just been there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Why.... pray tell.... do you think anyone would be against Historically accurate logos?

there WILL be 3 different logos on natty banners anyway very soon.

So if they toss up the historical logos, that would be both appropriate and accurate.

The Brein logo is the best, and most unique but it wont be up there.. sucks not because of the logo but because that era had so many unbelievably talented teams that didnt complete the mission... oh well.

Conference Championship banners will have to do.

There are a few others Brein logos we have to embrace throughout the arena... :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Why.... pray tell.... do you think anyone would be against Historically accurate logos?

I can tell you for a fact that Ralph Engelstad himself wanted the Ben Brien logo on all of the national championship banners and that it was a demand, not a request.  

Would you like me to resurrect the thread I started several years ago about correcting the banners and making them historically accurate?  If this is indeed being done, it is LONG overdue.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I can tell you for a fact that Ralph Engelstad himself wanted the Ben Brien logo on all of the national championship banners and that it was a demand, not a request.  

Would you like me to resurrect the thread I started several years ago about correcting the banners and making them historically accurate?  If this is indeed being done, it is LONG overdue.  

Ralph invoked the Golden Rule.  Those with the gold...make the rules.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...