Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Scoreboard change

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

This^^^  

A big cause of the nickname controversy are those who get unreasonably triggered by the sight of a Sioux logo and can't let it go.  "OMG, there's a Sioux logo hidden away, underneath our new $6,000,000.00 scoreboard!!!"  Why is this even an issue?

These people would probably also turn down a free $6M mansion merely because the seller wanted a bathroom closet to remain painted green.

My issue is that they went so far out of their way to keep one logo that they retrofitted the existing structure of the old scoreboard to avoid having to scrap one more precious. That is just plain nonsensical.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

This^^^  

A big cause of the nickname controversy are those who get unreasonably triggered by the sight of a Sioux logo and can't let it go.  "OMG, there's a Sioux logo hidden away, underneath our new $6,000,000.00 scoreboard!!!"  Why is this even an issue?

These people would probably also turn down a free $6M mansion merely because the seller wanted a bathroom closet to remain painted green.

The issue is not that there is Sioux logo a part of the new scoreboard.  It's that even though there are over 2500 logos inside the REA, the REA could not bear to lose 1 logo that was in a predominant location.  Like I said.  No problem with acknowledging the Sioux logo.  Just wish the REA would make a little effort to acknowledge the  Fighting Hawks logo.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

A big cause of the nickname controversy are those who get unreasonably triggered by the sight of a Sioux logo and can't let it go.  "OMG, there's a Sioux logo hidden away, underneath our new $6,000,000.00 scoreboard!!!"  Why is this even an issue?

I think before you can get a fair answer to why it's an issue, you need to answer the question of why did they need to go out of their way include it in the first place, to the point they had to customize the structure to put it there. 

When the project was announced, the overwhelming response from a subset of the fanbase was concern on what would happen to the logo. Why was that an issue? 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, franchise said:

I also feel like they should swap the score and sog spots.  I'd like to see shots displayed bold and proud

SOG Sweep!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The issue is not that there is Sioux logo a part of the new scoreboard.  It's that even though there are over 2500 logos inside the REA, the REA could not bear to lose 1 logo that was in a predominant location.  Like I said.  No problem with acknowledging the Sioux logo.  Just wish the REA would make a little effort to acknowledge the  Fighting Hawks logo.

It's on the uniforms, it's on the scoreboard next to the most important part of the game... seems like they keep building it in. Maybe, like they are progressively doing this? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I actually believe they should have moved the old underscoreboard lamp to the concourse somewhere, or on the ceiling of the hallway between the olympic and ice level of the REA.

Would have fit nice with the old Ralph seats and pictures there.

It does not fit well with the new scoreboard. 

 

I think it's beautiful any place they put it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

1 logo on each side of the scoreboard next to the score (4 total Fighting Hawk logos)......2500 Sioux logos.  Narrowing the gap!! #progress ;)

Don't forget the 2 shoulder patches per jersey, and any future championship banners. Not quite 2500 but getting there.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I actually believe they should have moved the old underscoreboard lamp to the concourse somewhere, or on the ceiling of the hallway between the olympic and ice level of the REA.

Would have fit nice with the old Ralph seats and pictures there.

It does not fit well with the new scoreboard. 

 

I wonder what the fine print from the NCAA would say about that. It seems, just based on how they have been going about things, that they wouldn’t be able to add that lamp to another area because they would have to build new structure to hold it. I’m not sure though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

I wonder what the fine print from the NCAA would say about that. It seems, just based on how they have been going about things, that they wouldn’t be able to add that lamp to another area because they would have to build new structure to hold it. I’m not sure though.

The hallway would be fine as it isnt a full on "public space" for gamedays.

The old scoreboard lettering being used on the entrance to the green room is fine.

As long is a newly made display isnt visible on TV.... NCAA is not concerned.

In actuality the name and logo are officially changed, they won, the NCAA have gone back to not even knowing where North Dakota is, let alone giving a !@#$ about logos in the building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I actually believe they should have moved the old underscoreboard lamp to the concourse somewhere, or on the ceiling of the hallway between the olympic and ice level of the REA.

Would have fit nice with the old Ralph seats and pictures there.

It does not fit well with the new scoreboard. 

Hey we agree on something nickname/logo related!  Not sure on the engineering, but it would've looked nice on the wall of one of the lounges as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

You can’t exactly move on from the Sioux zealots because they are so obnoxious and have a hair trigger.

It’s really fun to watch the Hawkzi crowd project on the Sioux4ever crowd!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

It’s really fun to watch the Hawkzi crowd project on the Sioux4ever crowd!

C'mon, man. Let's just be cool about this. Both sides have completely valid points. Let time run it's course and not huck names like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

It's on the uniforms, it's on the scoreboard next to the most important part of the game... seems like they keep building it in. Maybe, like they are progressively doing this? :)

Slow progression, but hey, they are getting there!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Slow progression, but hey, they are getting there!!  

I'd say it's not that slow especially having it on the jerseys and right near the score, but it's getting there. Plus, the mascot. I wouldn't mind more logos added, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'd say it's not that slow especially having it on the jerseys and right near the score, but it's getting there. Plus, the mascot. I wouldn't mind more logos added, though.

Logo at center ice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Logo at center ice?

Put it on the new UND President's agenda.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shawn-O said:

Put it on the new UND President's agenda.  ;)

We know what KEM’s agenda is.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just find it funny that the people that are so insistent that the logo be prominently displayed had no problem when the Sioux logo wasn't on the field in football or were barely noticeable on uniforms and such in other sports. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tnt said:

I just find it funny that the people that are so insistent that the logo be prominently displayed had no problem when the Sioux logo wasn't on the field in football or were barely noticeable on uniforms and such in other sports. 

At the Alerus we’ve been complaining about no logo at the 50 since the building opened. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

Logo at center ice?

We'll definitely get there and I think it'll be soon and as soon as it happens, no one will care, IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Too big

That’s what she said 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...