SiouxSports.com Forum

Scoreboard change

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

12 minutes ago, cberkas said:

It’s about time they changed the scoreboard.

I think people are making to much out of the Sioux/Hawks thing.

The obsession isn't one sided.  Don't ever recall people complaining that the football team never used the old logo on their helmets. 

9 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I think we can ALL agree they at least got one thing right on the rendering......We are beating Minnesota 4-1 in the first period!! :D

Couldn't tell if we were outshooting them or not though.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Wow the Hawkzi kabul of mediocre butthurts have really got their waaaaambulance sirens reeeeeeeeeing over this already.

good lord get a life.

No kidding.  What fan base immediately gets outraged when their (supposed)  favorite athletic team gets a $6,000,000.00 scoreboard?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Also showing a video on the screen of a player with the old jersey with the interlocking ND on the shoulder not the Fighting Hawks logo.  People can say it is nitpicking, but it is obviously intentional by REA.

Not excusing the REA's general resistance to the new logo, but this has been in the works for a couple years, so it's possible the rendering was done prior to the adoption of the new logo.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ChrisUND1 said:

This is a obviously a very nice upgrade,  but seeing the effing Sioux logo on the rendering, as well as no fighting hawk logo anywhere, just shows you how ridiculous things are.  There is even "North Dakota" script on the scoreboard instead of a hawk logo.  Let's all just pretend we are still the Sioux, I guess.  Embarrassing.

Could it just be the rendering?  Maybe...but that almost makes it worse!  Move on people, don't retrofit a 2001 scoreboard with a beautiful new scoreboard to keep a logo around that is a relic.  So sick of it.

To be fair...the hawks name, logo and pretty much everything about it is pure trash

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Not excusing the REA's general resistance to the new logo, but this has been in the works for a couple years, so it's possible the rendering was done prior to the adoption of the new logo.

I was going to ask just that. If this has been in the works for a couple years ...