SiouxSports.com Forum

Scoreboard change

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

9 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

And keeping the sioux thing on the bottom. Cut the damn chord already.

I was told they weren't going to be able to keep it on there due to the changes that were going to have to be made to support the new boards. They would only be able to pull it off if they could use the same frame, which didn't sound possible. Either they figured out a way to do it or they are just showing it in the rendering to keep people from complaining until it is too late.

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

I was told they weren't going to be able to keep it on there due to the changes that were going to have to be made. They would only be able to pull it off if they could use the same frame, which I was told wasn't possible. Either they figured out a way to do it or they are just showing it in the rendering to keep people from complaining until it is too late.

That makes sense.

15 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

And keeping the sioux thing on the bottom. Cut the damn chord already.

This is a obviously a very nice upgrade,  but seeing the effing Sioux logo on the rendering, as well as no fighting hawk logo anywhere, just shows you how ridiculous things are.  There is even "North Dakota" script on the scoreboard instead of a hawk logo.  Let's all just pretend we are still the Sioux, I guess.  Embarrassing.

Could it just be the rendering?  Maybe...but that almost makes it worse!  Move on people, don't retrofit a 2001 scoreboard with a beautiful new scoreboard to keep a logo around that is a relic.  So sick of it.

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

With the smaller screens screens underneath the scoreboard, I seems that that circle part would be in the way and obstruct the view from the bench and lover bowl.

IF it remains, imagine you are Daktronics, and are told that you have to design the screens to account for the remaining structure, or heck, it will just block the screens.  Asinine. 

1 minute ago, ChrisUND1 said:

This is a obviously a very nice upgrade,  but seeing the effing Sioux logo on the rendering, as well as no fighting hawk logo anywhere, just shows you how ridiculous things are.  There is even "North Dakota" script on the scoreboard instead of a hawk logo.  Let's all just pretend we are still the Sioux, I guess.  Embarrassing.

Could it just be the rendering?  Maybe...but that almost makes it worse!  Move on people, don't retrofit a 2001 scoreboard with a beautiful new scoreboard to keep a logo around that is a relic.  So sick of it.

Also showing a video on the screen of a player with the old jersey with the interlocking ND on the shoulder not the Fighting Hawks logo.  People can say it is nitpicking, but it is obviously intentional by REA.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Wow the Hawkzi kabul of mediocre butthurts have really got their waaaaambulance sirens reeeeeeeeeing over this already.

good lord get a life.

You can't deny the unwillingness of the REA to display the new Fighting Hawks logo.  Do we really need to go through all the examples?  If you don't think that the REA is actively resisting adopting the new logo, you are either blind or ignorant.  

• Upvote 1

"Current video boards on the top row of the current center-hung will be moved to both the North and South ends of the arena."

Wondering why this is necessary.  Witht eh size of the new scoreboard, who is going to be looking at the ends for a replay.  I guess it doesn't make sense to jsut not use them.  Jsut saying it seems a little odd.