Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread


geaux_sioux
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I don’t think the coach knew it was banned. Reckless but not intentional.

Or with the help of their 'internal' drug testing, they thought they would never test +.  Do a lot of teams do their own testing, internally?  I found this part of the story interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Lets see. 8 years of playoffs. 7 championships and one Semi final appearance. Approximately 40 playoff games x 18 player tests per game tells me that is about one tenth of one percent positive tests. Yep, the staff must be pushing illegal stimulants on those kids...

These PEDs are only banned during the playoffs??

Are they legal during winter and summer workouts?  Seems that would be when they are of the most benefit and the right time to distribute them to the players.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, tnt said:

Are you an NCAA drug tester?

No I am an RN who has had more men pee in a cup in front of me then you will ever understand...I sign my name that it was collected correctly....random is last 2 digits of your SS# drawn every month and yes people could get tested 3 months in a row...

I am waiting for Mama Bear to go national..... someone will pick this up....I would be calling around.... trust me... I am a pretty good public speaker... the ONLY absolute ONLY reason I would not was if my son said mom let it rest....

AD should be disciplined for not being ethical and responsible to the taxpayers of ND who are his bosses!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

Stats are stats

Another stat. The best case for your argument would state that roughly 50% of the roster would go untested if the random testing never retested a player during a playoff run. We both know some guys have !@#$ luck and get tested all the time while other go their whole career without a sniff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

No I am an RN who has had more men pee in a cup in front of me then you will ever understand...I sign my name that it was collected correctly....random is last 2 digits of your SS# drawn every month and yes people could get tested 3 months in a row...

I am waiting for Mama Bear to go national..... someone will pick this up....I would be calling around.... trust me... I am a pretty good public speaker... the ONLY absolute ONLY reason I would not was if my son said mom let it rest....

AD should be disciplined for not being ethical and responsible to the taxpayers of ND who are his bosses!

 

Chances of her laying low after the AD called her and her son a liar in the paper?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Another stat. The best case for your argument would state that roughly 50% of the roster would go untested if the random testing never retested a player during a playoff run. We both know some guys have !@#$ luck and get tested all the time while other go their whole career without a sniff. 

Never mind the most beneficial time would be winter and summer workouts.  Coaches distributing these PEDs to players would know that.   They would also know players get tested in the postseason so take it all season as well.  

Him being the only player that tested positive in the post season doesn’t mean it still couldn’t be all over the locker room at all other times of the year.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, bison73 said:

The team is tested numerous times during the years as well by the same testing agency.

And what happens with the results of those in-season, non-playoff tests? Who administers punishment, if any, for failure of those those? Hint - NDSU gets the results, not the NCAA, and they aren't required to do anything with the results. BR had been taking it since halfway through the season by his own admission yet skated by without it being picked up.

Though I seem to remember a handful of "violation of team rules" resulting in a game or two suspensions over the year with no other explanations, but then again, if they are failing tests from things being given by the coach, probably let those ones slide.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, bison73 said:

The team is tested numerous times during the years as well by the same testing agency.

If your team rules say "follow the NCAA rules" and your coaches demand that, why would you need to test your own people? 

You only test for something you're looking to detect.

Either you
- don't trust that your own team rules are being followed, or
- you're looking to make sure what you're doing stays below detectable limits

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, bison73 said:

That's 558 tests and this is the first failed one.

Are we sure?

Between Hoole knowing and sitting on it, no mention of Robbins until it was so overt it had to be asked post-game, and now this month gap to Kolpack's story, it must be asked. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If any of you would read the actual story you’d see how foolish your rhetoric is this morning. 

He said it was a standard preworkout supplement and he tested positive for a stimulant. There are categories of drugs for a reason people, this isn’t rocket science. You’d think the medical professionals on this board would be speaking up on this.

For those who are stating that NDSU has had players in the past perform bigger than their size insinuating they got some sort of anabolic affect from this “preworkout” drink, simply don’t understand physiology.

Stimulants aren’t anabolic, in fact, long term use can be catabolic.

https://drugabuse.com/stimulants/effects-use/

best source I could find real quick.

NDSU has opened itself up to criticism on this and I’d like questions to be asked and investigated as to the specific details.

But, keep it to the facts people, you guys are like CNN right now with your logic leaps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let me bring out the statements I never expected from Kolpack's article

Quote

His mother, Lori Robbins, said a “trusted program staff member” provided a pre-workout powder that contained an illegal substance or substances.

Who is this mother Lori Robbins? 

Quote

Lori (Knetter) Robbins was NDSU’s first women’s basketball All-American, is still the program’s all-time leading rebounder and is a member of the Bison Athletic Hall of Fame. 

Not the kind that would seem to have reason to besmirch NDSU. 

And yet she doubles down ... 

Quote

Contacted again on NDSU’s response that a student-athlete provided the substance, Lori Robbins said, “That is extremely incorrect. It was a product that was brought in by a trusted staff member.”

She not only claims it, but re-iterates the claim against NDSU's trusted staff member.

Either she's right or she's been misled (assumably by her son, which would say even less about him). 

Quote

He said he first started taking the supplement about halfway through the 2018 season. ... “You can’t get this specific one at Walmart or anything, but it’s a basic ‘pre-workout,’” Brock said.

To me that one speaks for itself. Whatever this is someone has to know where to acquire it, and it ain't Walmart. 

And again (former Bison) mom ... 

Quote

 

“I can take it if Brock did this on his own, but he didn’t,” she said. “He didn’t know a thing. And he trusted, he really trusted those people and it cost him. It really did cost him. And I thank God a bunch of those kids didn’t get pulled in (for random testing) because it was used throughout the locker room.”

 

She doubles down the double-down against trusted NDSU staff. 

And she goes on to spread the charge beyond just her son. In the trade they call that "all in". 

But wait, there's more ... 

Quote

“Brock lost everything and I knew the institution would not suffer from this, not in public,” Lori said, with her voice breaking. 

Now how in the world did she "know" that. I mean how would she claim to know the inside goings-on of NDSU Athletics. Oh. Wait. NDSU Athletics Hall of Famer ... 

 

My only question at this point is this: Are folks in Indianapolis taking note? 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

If any of you would read the actual story you’d see how foolish your rhetoric is this morning. 

He said it was a standard preworkout supplement and he tested positive for a stimulant. There are categories of drugs for a reason people, this isn’t rocket science. You’d think the medical professionals on this board would be speaking up on this.

For those who are stating that NDSU has had players in the past perform bigger than their size insinuating they got some sort of anabolic affect from this “preworkout” drink, simply don’t understand physiology.

Stimulants aren’t anabolic, in fact, long term use can be catabolic.

https://drugabuse.com/stimulants/effects-use/

best source I could find real quick.

NDSU has opened itself up to criticism on this and I’d like questions to be asked and investigated as to the specific details.

But, keep it to the facts people, you guys are like CNN right now with your logic leaps.

I’m personally more concerned about the AD saying the player and mom are liars. It’s not a good look. He threw them under the bus then got in the drivers seat and ran them over.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

I’m personally more concerned about the AD saying the player and mom are liars. It’s not a good look. He threw them under the bus then got in the drivers seat and ran them over.

That is tasty now isn't it. 

Quote

 

The university denies the supplement came from a staff member.

NDSU athletic director Matt Larsen said Robbins “got it from another student-athlete.” He didn't elaborate.

 

Mom and son are in direct dispute with this claim. 

Now who benefits from which claim? NDSU saying "not us" protects NDSU. The mom and son saying "NDSU supplied" are opening themselves up to scorn and derision. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

If any of you would read the actual story you’d see how foolish your rhetoric is this morning. 

He said it was a standard preworkout supplement and he tested positive for a stimulant. There are categories of drugs for a reason people, this isn’t rocket science. You’d think the medical professionals on this board would be speaking up on this.

For those who are stating that NDSU has had players in the past perform bigger than their size insinuating they got some sort of anabolic affect from this “preworkout” drink, simply don’t understand physiology.

Stimulants aren’t anabolic, in fact, long term use can be catabolic.

https://drugabuse.com/stimulants/effects-use/

best source I could find real quick.

NDSU has opened itself up to criticism on this and I’d like questions to be asked and investigated as to the specific details.

But, keep it to the facts people, you guys are like CNN right now with your logic leaps.

Calm down, man.  Control the rage.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’m personally more concerned about the AD saying the player and mom are liars. It’s not a good look. He threw them under the bus then got in the drivers seat and ran them over.

I agree and at the end of the day, just knowing how these things tend to go, I fear the kid will be the only one to suffer. As I stated last night, I’m 99% sure I know who the “trusted staff member” is and I am all for this person not being allowed to be around our student athletes moving forward. I don’t take issue with anyone criticizing NDSU for any of the above, it’s a problem and as an alum I’m for it being addressed immediately.

As to people calling into question NDSU’s success and discrediting the program and actually calling out individual players as having taken anabolic agents, as I said, let’s keep the conversation on the facts. Is it a problem that this kid tested positive, absolutely. But the facts are he is the only one out of hundreds of players over the years that has tested positive. So let’s go easy on the steroid BS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...