SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

16 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

How do you explain SDSU?

They’ve made a concentrated effort to improve their FOOTBALL program, with facility upgrades specifically.

They are arguably top 5 FCS for stadium, indoor practice facility, and coaches offices. They certainly can effectively recruit in FCS with it. They also have a nice young corps of coaches, including Luke Schleusner, UND ‘01. 

Alerus Center and UND indoor practice facility are more than good enough, but the locker room, coaches offices, and meeting spaces are !@#$. Weight room needs upgrades too. Just not good enough to sway young men. UND HPC phase II desperately needed.

• Upvote 1

The silver lining is NDSU ended up using a full scholarship on a kid they didn't even want a month ago.  

I seem to remember one of their recruiting experts schooling us about how "NDSU evaluates a kid and offers them accordingly, they don't raise their offer and play games-their evaluation is final".  

PWO to a FULL....lol

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

The silver lining is NDSU ended up using a full scholarship on a kid they didn't even want a month ago.  

I seem to remember one of their recruiting experts schooling us about how "NDSU evaluates a kid and offers them accordingly, they don't raise their offer and play games-their evaluation is final".  

PWO to a FULL....lol

You do realize that we lost our scholarship qb to KSU - right?  We usually take 1 scholarship qb per year.  For you to question the recruiting after 7 NC is laughable.  

19 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

You do realize that we lost our scholarship qb to KSU - right?  We usually take 1 scholarship qb per year.  For you to question the recruiting after 7 NC is laughable.  

Hey Dan. To save us the time of actually reading your posts, why don't you just drop trou, take a pic, and prove to us just HOW BIG it actually is??

19 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

wide angle? 

Why do some of you guys hate the truth?  My post is 100% factual.

They went from a PWO to a FULL.  I mean seriously.  

Quite literally the only reason is because UND offered him a full.  That's embarrassing. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

They went from a PWO to a FULL.  I mean seriously.  

Quite literally the only reason is because UND offered him a full.  That's embarrassing. 

That is false. What's facts are he wasn't even committed to us anymore, and in order to get a QB in this class they need to offer him a scholarship. Losing Lewis to K-State opened it up. 

Noland, transfer from Iowa St., fills Van Dellen's scholarship after he transferred last year and brings in competition.

We brought a kid in from Florida last weekend for a visit that had an offer from D2 Voldosta St, but decided to go after Graetz. 

Spin it how you want to spin it, with only 4 weekends of visits coming out of the dead period after the national title game you have to move fast. Probably the easiest thing to do is recruit someone, who was once committed and has familiarity with your program then start new. 

It's called recruiting. There's a heck of a lot worse that goes on in the world of college football in recruiting than a money war between two schools 70 miles apart. 

14 minutes ago, Tolna said:

That is false. What's facts are he wasn't even committed to us anymore, and in order to get a QB in this class they need to offer him a scholarship. Losing Lewis to K-State opened it up. 

Noland, transfer from Iowa St., fills Van Dellen's scholarship after he transferred last year and brings in competition.

We brought a kid in from Florida last weekend for a visit that had an offer from D2 Voldosta St, but decided to go after Graetz. 

Spin it how you want to spin it, with only 4 weekends of visits coming out of the dead period after the national title game you have to move fast. Probably the easiest thing to do is recruit someone, who was once committed and has familiarity with your program then start new. 

It's called recruiting. There's a heck of a lot worse that goes on in the world of college football in recruiting than a money war between two schools 70 miles apart. 

Gotcha. You got your full-ride QB (as of mid-January).  First chink in the armor for Entz.

• Upvote 1

What's really interesting is the timeline. They knew Lewis was gone since early-mid December but didn't offer Graetz until mid January, shortly after UND did. Huh.  

Plus, Minnesota only offered a PWO so they easily could have come back on Graetz in mid-December, offered him a scholarship, and had him in the early class...but they didn't.  Huh.  

Interesting scenario that played out.  Personally, I think UND needs to find someone who wants to be at UND so whatevs.  Gotta go to next on list

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Gotcha. You got your full-ride QB (as of mid-January).  First chink in the armor for Entz.

Yep. Your right. Sword right to the rib cage.  Because he had control of Lewis following Kleiman to K-State. What is he supposed to do? Not offer anyone? No matter who he offered would of been the middle of January. 

2 minutes ago, Tolna said:

Yep. Your right. Sword right to the rib cage.  Because he had control of Lewis following Kleiman to K-State. What is he supposed to do? Not offer anyone? No matter who he offered would of been the middle of January. 

Read the above post.....

2 hours ago, Stockdamhockey said:

My gawd Debbie. Step back from the ledge. It was our Plan B....do you really think Plan C is that far off. It's a crap shoot. They are 18 year old kids. Who knows how they will develop.

Wrong. It’s not a crap shoot. 

A program very close geographically to UND just won 7 out of the last 8 national titles. That is not Luck. Not even close. There’s definitely a method to the madness. 

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What's really interesting is the timeline. They knew Lewis was gone since early-mid December but didn't offer Graetz until mid January, shortly after UND did. Huh.  

Plus, Minnesota only offered a PWO so they easily could have come back on Graetz in mid-December, offered him a scholarship, and had him in the early class...but they didn't.  Huh.  

Interesting scenario that played out.  Personally, I think UND needs to find someone who wants to be at UND so whatevs.  Gotta go to next on list

Also you know for a fact it was mid-December that they knew Lewis wasn't coming? Kleiman took the K-State job a week before early signing period. Entz didn't even have a staff in place to make offers to anyone. Also after early signing period it's a dead period until after the national title. Guessing after his staff was put together, they evaluated what more they needed in this class and a scholarship QB was one. Most schools take a scholarship QB every year. It's the most important position in sports. Why do you think we're having this argument.

3 minutes ago, Tolna said:

Also you know for a fact it was mid-December that they knew Lewis wasn't coming? Kleiman took the K-State job a week before early signing period. Entz didn't even have a staff in place to make offers to anyone. Also after early signing period it's a dead period until after the national title. Guessing after his staff was put together, they evaluated what more they needed in this class and a scholarship QB was one. Most schools take a scholarship QB every year. It's the most important position in sports. Why do you think we're having this argument.

May want to brush up on ur timelines, brah. 

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Shouldn't take long and you'll shut up.

Your the one that was calling for NDSU to "slip" after the loss to JMU in 2016. 2 national titles later. 

Read my posts on here, I have rarely downgraded UND or bad mouthed them. Typically my posts are to back NDSU. 

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Wrong. It’s not a crap shoot. 

A program very close geographically to UND just won 7 out of the last 8 national titles. That is not Luck. Not even close. There’s definitely a method to the madness. 

The problem for UND is they had little relationship with Graetz NDSU already had him committed as a PWO at one point so they had a relationship. 

He wanted to go there but they valued him as little as the could have so he chose UM.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tolna said:

Saying Van Dellen transferred sure is spinning it.

37 minutes ago, Tolna said:

Your the one that was calling for NDSU to "slip" after the loss to JMU in 2016. 2 national titles later. 

Read my posts on here, I have rarely downgraded UND or bad mouthed them. Typically my posts are to back NDSU. 

Swear to God, if you use your instead of you’re one more time I’m gonna snap.

Just now, Tolna said:

Okay sorry, dismissed. Sure are nit pickin. 

Sorry, I heard someone say facts earlier in this thread. Then I saw you pontificating without telling the real story. Not really a nit pick when your future stud qb gets kicked off the team for repeated failed drug tests, I mean transfers out.