SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

5 hours ago, Bison06 said:

How many coaches on the staff have ever coached a game against UND?

UND is the primary rival to the fans in my opinion, but to the coaches? I doubt they see it that way.

The coaches know very well who UND is. You can tell when they get up and talk at the TM luncheons .

4 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Many people on this board seem to ignore or have a complete inability to handle nuances in conversations.

Is UND, NDSU's primary rival? In many ways yes.

If you read the thread, it is specifically about recruiting and even more precisely it's about the recruitment of a single player.

The allegation is NDSU offered a valuable scholarship, at the most important position in sports to a guy, only because they didn't want UND to have him.

So to that allegation, I've been responding.

So to that allegation, do NDSU's coaches see UND as such a threat to them that they would do something as extreme as use a scholarship on a player that they don't think can help them win enough to be worthy of that scholarship?

I do not believe NDSU's coaches view UND that way. 

They wouldnt waste a scholarship on any player-- school for that matter.  Anyone who thinks NDSU would throw away a schollie in that manner is an idiot.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Because they lied to another recruit about how much and who they are offering. just like they did to the Sioux Falls QB this summer when they told him they aren't gonna offer a QB til fall and then offered Lewis a week later.  

Like I said, asshole U right in northside Fargo, where the cows roam. 

18 hours ago, Bison06 said:

How many coaches on the staff have ever coached a game against UND?

UND is the primary rival to the fans in my opinion, but to the coaches? I doubt they see it that way.

Why would this matter? UND is NDSU's biggest rival. Always has been and always will be. 

35 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Why would this matter? UND is NDSU's biggest rival. Always has been and always will be. 

I agree with you, I’ve been very consistent on that.

It matters, because in the context of this conversation, NDSU’s coaches are the ones making the scholarship offers. 

I wouldn’t think NDSU would waste a schollie. But if they had 2 QB candidates of similar  value NDSU would take great delight in going after the one UND wants. You can be sure if that. 

Edited by Risky
Wrong word

I guess I don't know why people are so up in arms about this.  If NDSU isn't truly sold on this guy, and are going to give up a full scholarship for him just to block UND,  it would seem that would be a recipe for a serious downturn in their fortunes.  It may also be their new coach is worried about the backlash from their rabid fanbase if he turns out to be a stud at UND or wherever he ends up.  Don't know if you can recruit like that and continue to be the cream of the crop.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Risky said:

The reality for the qb is this. From what I hear NDSU has an heir apparent freshman qb in their program that probably be their starting Qb for the next 4 years. They also have another qb in their program who is good. Does this recruit want to go to a school where he might just be a backup or go where he has a chance to start for 4 years. Time will tell. 

Or maybe he just wants to win some rings. Every recruit has a different mindset. Like you said, time will tell.

54 minutes ago, Risky said:

Your right. Rings or actually playing 

He'll redshirt and, if he's the true backup for us, will wait in the wings til Lance has graduated and start for 1 year. Hell, we had a #2 overall pick sit behind Jensen for 3 years before he started, anything can happen. With the recent track record we have for QBs, it's hard for them to pass on a full scholly offer from us.

1 hour ago, Risky said:

Your right. Rings or actually playing 

If he goes to NDSU (or UND), there is a chance that he has confidence in himself and thinks he can contend for the starting job.  Perhaps he connects with their coaches or the University  better.  Every team has recruits that will sit for two or three years, or never even make the field.  UND could use more of them, and I think it doesn't do the kid any justice by knocking him for a personal decision that hasn't even been made yet. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

If he goes to NDSU (or UND), there is a chance that he has confidence in himself and thinks he can contend for the starting job.  Perhaps he connects with their coaches or the University  better.  Every team has recruits that will sit for two or three years, or never even make the field.  UND could use more of them, and I think it doesn't do the kid any justice by knocking him for a personal decision that hasn't even been made yet. 

Good reply. There are so many factors when choosing a college... playing, winning, connection with coaches, major, connections with players, feel of the campus, what your parents advise you to do... there is no right or wrong reason to pick a school, and everyone's priorities are different. He's got two great options on the table - lucky kid - that have different strengths and weaknesses. I hope it's UND, but I hope no one knocks him if he chooses differently.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I think I have heard this one before...  We will see Sept 7th.  

Yes, I’m truly sick of hearing UND fans saying the bison are on the decline. As a UND fan, who the F cares. Let just worry about where we are at for the moment.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yes, I’m truly sick of hearing UND fans saying the bison are on the decline. As a UND fan, who the F cares. Let just worry about where we are at for the moment.

That’s neat. I prefer to not keep my head stuck in the sand. NDSU’s success affects UND’s success. North Dakota is only so big. But you can maintain your ignorance if it makes you feel better.

34 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

So who’s our backup plan at QB that the 360 guys mentioned?

They didn’t mention it, because it’s not a good situation to expand on.

So UND is down to their 3rd, possibly 4th or 5th, option at QB. Not good, certainly not great. But “it’ll be fine” and “the sun will still come up”. Blah, blah, blah. I’ve heard it before.

The mediocrity continues. Perhaps. 

Damn. !@#$ NDSU. 

19 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

They didn’t mention it, because it’s not a good situation to expand on.

So UND is down to their 3rd, possibly 4th or 5th, option at QB. Not good, certainly not great. But “it’ll be fine” and “the sun will still come up”. Blah, blah, blah. I’ve heard it before.

The mediocrity continues. Perhaps. 

Damn. !@#$ NDSU. 

Yeah I understood why they wouldn’t expand on it at the time but with it looking like we will be losing out on Graetz now I was interested to see if anyone knew.