SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

3 minutes ago, bison73 said:

The two scenarios are hugely different. You also need to learn how schools and the media and law enforcement handle illegal drugs versus caffeine.  

Again, we don't know that is the stimulant to have been found at excessive (meaning illegal in NCAA competition) levels. 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Again, we don't know that is the stimulant to have been found at excessive (meaning illegal in NCAA competition) levels. 

But President Bresciani said if you repeat a lie often enough it'll become the truth.

5 minutes ago, bison73 said:

That's right YOU dont know.

We don't have official statement from a source that would have first-hand knowledge (meaning NDSU, Robbins, or the NCAA). 

Short of that official word we have only claims and hearsay (no matter what one may choose to believe). 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, bison73 said:

The two scenarios are hugely different. You also need to learn how schools and the media and law enforcement handle illegal drugs versus caffeine.  

They are not different... substances may be different but the issue is a positive test.

Sir, trust me I know a LOT about the media and law enforcement... that is how I recognize the subtle differences. Your institution did not act in an ethical manner; you use tax payer money and the public expects better. Of course, in today’s media climate I say that tongue in cheek. I would probably give some minimal wiggle room with the media. Anyone who deals wirh the media about something like this puts statements in writing. Can’t remember if the paper reported it as such. Seems to me it was a press conference AFTER the game.

time to get over it

6 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

They are not different... substances may be different but the issue is a positive test.

Sir, trust me I know a LOT about the media and law enforcement... that is how I recognize the subtle differences. Your institution did not act in an ethical manner; you use tax payer money and the public expects better. Of course, in today’s media climate I say that tongue in cheek. I would probably give some minimal wiggle room with the media. Anyone who deals wirh the media about something like this puts statements in writing. Can’t remember if the paper reported it as such. Seems to me it was a press conference AFTER the game.

time to get over it

First you are flat out wrong on how its handled.

Second....Yes it is time you get over it.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

We could ask you and every school that couldn't we.

We could but you're the one throwing around the "outlier" comment in regards to NDSU's rate of passing drug tests. So unless you have a good reason to deflect, let's stay on topic. 

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

That's right YOU dont know.

Just so I understand, all it would have been required is for the player to have taken two scoops of the supplement in question, along with a Mountain Dew or two, and he would have been vulnerable to a positive test for stimulants? Is that the case?

3 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Just so I understand, all it would have been required is for the player to have taken two scoops of the supplement in question, along with a Mountain Dew or two, and he would have been vulnerable to a positive test for stimulants? Is that the case?

You tell us, chief.  Apparently the narrative has developed into he simply ate a couple of those chocolate coffee beans that Caribou puts on drinks and then tested positive for caffeine. 

Do I have it right?

16 hours ago, Gothmog said:

Under the assumption you are tacitly stating, namely that the issue is caffeine, and under your implicit claim to know the supplement in question and its caffeine content, and that of Mountain Dew, it is possible given potential consumption times and biologic half-lives. So possible, but many assumptions and moving parts in there. 

That said ... we know none of that because there are no stated facts about the detected stimulant from any involved party (Robbins, NDSU, NCAA). 

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Under the assumption you are tacitly stating, namely that the issue is caffeine, and under your implicit claim to know the supplement in question and its caffeine content, and that of Mountain Dew, it is possible given potential consumption times and biologic half-lives. So possible, but many assumptions and moving parts in there. 

That said ... we know none of that because there are no stated facts about the detected stimulant from any involved party (Robbins, NDSU, NCAA). 

If it's caffeine I think they just come out and say caffeine.  I don't think anyone cares about caffeine because it's socially acceptable.  My gut tells me, it's not caffeine as you really have to work hard for 500mg in the system post game.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

If it's caffeine I think they just come out and say caffeine.  I don't think anyone cares about caffeine because it's socially acceptable.  My gut tells me, it's not caffeine as you really have to work hard for 500mg in the system post game.

I'd have to agree. Too much lock down since the SDSU game in the FB program (and AD office) at NDSU for it to be caffeine. They absolutely don't want the name of this product to get out.

17 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

It wasn’t caffeine.

exactly.  Even without further information from either party there's just no way it was caffeine.   Brock said he was concerned about being called a steroid user or marijuana user.  Yet, he didn't bother to add another sentence to help clear his name by saying, "by the way, taking this supplement resulted in having more caffeine in my system than is allowed."