SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

3 hours ago, North Dakota said:

Still a banned substance. I don't know what else to tell you, it's pretty black and white. There are limits on a lot of banned substances, these are found in everything we consume and in our bodies in general. That's why certain levels are required for a positive test result.

I finally looked back to see where the source of my question came from. 

You state “there are limits on a lot of banned substances.”

could you name some of them?   Thanks.  

Every test procedure has a "minimum detectable level". It could be some "parts per million" or "any". It's the ability of the test to find what it's looking for. That's just the science of testing. Don't believe me? Your smoke detector (testing for smoke in the air) doesn't go off when you light a candle in the room but there's still some smoke in the air. Is it detectable and above threshold? There's the questions. 

That said, I believe the NCAA has a "zero threshold" for Class I (Federally) illegal drugs. 

It has a below 15 sumpins-per-sumping "threshold" level for caffeine. 

Now the question is: For the stuff they test for, what are the "acceptable" thresholds? If they set a threshold level clearly they can detect at that level. Can they detect below threshold level is the other question. 

13 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I finally looked back to see where the source of my question came from. 

You state “there are limits on a lot of banned substances.”

could you name some of them?   Thanks.  

I don't know why don't you do some research on it and let us all know your findings.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, North Dakota said:

I don't know why don't you do some research on it and let us all know your findings.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/domi/genrel/auto_pdf/ncaa-banned-substance-list.pdf

Will this suffice?   I do not see any other substances that are REGULATED, which was my point going back to my post that you responded to to begin with.  

Brock and family wouldn't bother to say oh by the way it was the common stimulant caffeine, and his test came back outside the acceptable limits per ncaa regulations?

I feel kinda bad....you try so hard to pretend you are a UND fan and then something like this happens...  I'll give you a thumbs up just for trying.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, North Dakota said:

This is the real kicker:There is NO complete list of banned substances. Do not rely on this list to rule out any label ingredient.

Lol basically the NCAA can say anything they want is banned at any time. :ohmy:

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

You're coming to this site and trying to explain that the NCAA can be arbitrary and capricious

I'm waiting for the day when "buffaloes" and "bison" are considered "Native American imagery" and as a result, need to be banned from being used as logos.  

7 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I'm waiting for the day when "buffaloes" and "bison" are considered "Native American imagery" and as a result, need to be banned from being used as logos.  

We should sick Ron His Horse Is Thundar on them, singing of cultural appropriation and the masicre of the native peoples most valuable resource at the hands of the white, land grant minded, men.

We don't know the stimulant in question; however, as I've previously said, if it was caffeine just coming out and saying it would garner a lot of incredulity and pity from the average observer. 

Not saying what the stimulant is question is just leaves things open to speculation. 

20 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

We don't know the stimulant in question; however, as I've previously said, if it was caffeine just coming out and saying it would garner a lot of incredulity and pity from the average observer. 

Not saying what the stimulant is question is just leaves things open to speculation. 

2sy0hk.jpg

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Mama with due respect no need to post info on Juicer State on this thread, we need to stop caring about Moo U.

You are right but I was checking other colleges in the area and actually Juicer State has less than others.... now I don’t know who signed where in Dec. but that seemed low to me... plus I think/hope we are getting what we need.... can’t comment on this QB stuff.... 

so maybe they have less than we do??

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

You are right but I was checking other colleges in the area and actually Juicer State has less than others.... now I don’t know who signed where in Dec. but that seemed low to me... plus I think/hope we are getting what we need.... can’t comment on this QB stuff.... 

so maybe they have less than we do??

we got 38 recruits signed up this year, so yes, we do have quite a few more