SiouxSports.com Forum

Pairwise 2018-19

southpaw

21 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Newest biggest series of the year this weekend.  If somehow we can come out with a sweep of Duluth, that would put this team right back in the mix!! 

New Orleans has a better chance of the NFL organizing a “do-over” of the NFC Championship Game than North Dakota has of sweeping UMD.

51 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

New Orleans has a better chance of the NFL organizing a “do-over” of the NFC Championship Game than North Dakota has of sweeping UMD.

31 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Not sure if UND has a less than 0% chance of sweeping UND, but I'll have to check into this. Lol.

Any team can win any night..  see Holy Cross vs UM, Air Force vs. St. Cloud, UND vs UMD Saturday night in Duluth earlier this year, etc etc.  To say UND has no chance of winning two games this weekend is just asinine.  Are they the better team? No. Can they pull out a couple of wins? Yes.  Is it likely? Probably not, but that's why they play the games.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BrandonH61 said:

Any team can win any night..  see Holy Cross vs UM, Air Force vs. St. Cloud, UND vs UMD Saturday night in Duluth earlier this year, etc etc.  To say UND has no chance of winning two games this weekend is just asinine.  Are they the better team? No. Can they pull out a couple of wins? Yes.  Is it likely? Probably not, but that's why they play the games.

I mean, we already did it lol.

20 minutes ago, BrandonH61 said:

Any team can win any night..  see Holy Cross vs UM, Air Force vs. St. Cloud, UND vs UMD Saturday night in Duluth earlier this year, etc etc. 

Good points, bro.  Any team can sweep any other one on any given weekend.

Just ask Canisius College.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Good points, bro.  Any team can sweep any other one on any given weekend.

Just ask Canisius College.

When did you become the biggest pessimist of all time?  Gotta say, you sound like all the Hakstol haters.  

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

What would it take over the remaining games for UND to get to 13/14 in the pairwise?  Without a sweep of UMD, is a pairwise invitation even mathematically possible at this point?  

I was under the impression that splits against DU, WMU and UMD, along with sweeps against UNO and CC and a first round NCHC win would get us to right around there. We didn't get quite there, but we were close.

Super quick play with the Pairwise tool, no other results counted, a split with Duluth and two sweeps against CC and UNO has us at 13. Sweeping the next six games, we're 11.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

What would it take over the remaining games for UND to get to 13/14 in the pairwise?  Without a sweep of UMD, is a pairwise invitation even mathematically possible at this point?  

I would guess UND would need some help from other teams.

Being this low in the PWR this late in the season. The concrete is 90% cured.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, tnt said:

When did you become the biggest pessimist of all time?  Gotta say, you sound like all the Hakstol haters.  

Some of those Hakstol haters who couldn't wait for a change are already screaming for another change (cough, cough, Cratter, cough, cough).  I have quickly grown tired of the Berryisms and Hennessyisms and climbing back into the "I think we can do it" bandwagon only to suffer the latest and greatest season-killing loss.  Old Yeller's got rabies, folks, and the only thing we can do is put him out of his misery.   

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Some of those Hakstol haters who couldn't wait for a change are already screaming for another change (cough, cough, Cratter, cough, cough). 

Don't conflate my high standards for UND hockey with wanting coaching changes. :D

(Never in all my posts over the years had or have I called for the firing of Berry or Hakstol.)

21 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Holy Cross (over MN) owns the greatest upset in college hockey.

The world of sports is full of great upsets and hockey boasts some of the best.
http://allpuck.com/reliving-the-greatest-upset-in-college-hockey-history/

Image result for holy cross minnesota hockey

22 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Pretty weak sauce. All posters know we lost twice to Canisius, we don't need to be trolled every week.

Says the guy who probably drags out his authentic 2006 Holy Cross jersey a couple times a year to troll Gopher fans...