SiouxSports.com Forum

Pairwise 2018-19

southpaw

39 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

We'll see if they can finally finish a series tomorrow night and work their way back into tourney contention. If only you could flip the caniscius weekend this team would be in a whole different place.

A split would have us at #15; a sweep would have put us at #11.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I forgot about this.

thanks for the reminder 

darn

Hey, at this point it would be good just to be back within reach. I'll gladly take 16 after the way this season has gone. Maybe it give the boys extra motivation for the next few weeks to finish strong.

5 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

2012. Remember in 2016 when we didn't win a game at the Frozen Faceoff, and the season was over?

That wasn't a good weekend for the team that year. I remember being disappointed that it cost UND from being placed in the St. Paul regional. The rest is history with how that team responded though!

• Upvote 1

I see it this way: They should have swept Can, but that wasn't their only f'up, and it appears they still can get in without an autobid by winning enough of the remaining games on the schedule and some key conference tourney games. If they can't win those games this time of year, then they probably don't belong in the FF.   So let's see what they got. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

Remember in 2016 when we didn't win a game at the Frozen Faceoff, and the season was over?

We've been told that despite not winning a game at the Frozen Faceoff. That team was so loaded, it was a foregone conclusion they would suddenly go on a four game win streak to become National Champions.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

We'll see if they can finally finish a series tomorrow night and work their way back into tourney contention. If only you could flip the caniscius weekend this team would be in a whole different place.

That's a big key, can we win tonight back-to-back and sweep a top qlty team on the road tonight?  I may be wrong but, even though we've beaten/tied a good number of qlty teams, I'm not sure we've even swept any team at all this season of any quality (currently top 20), have we? 

4 hours ago, Cratter said:

We've been told that despite not winning a game at the Frozen Faceoff. That team was so loaded, it was a foregone conclusion they would suddenly go on a four game win streak to become National Champions.

Any bum could've coached that group to a national championship ;)

10 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Newest biggest series of the year this weekend.  If somehow we can come out with a sweep of Duluth, that would put this team right back in the mix!! 

:D  I like the optimism, but that's a longshot anyway, and now even more with Scheel out.