SiouxSports.com Forum

Pairwise 2018-19

southpaw

7 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Some of those Hakstol haters who couldn't wait for a change are already screaming for another change (cough, cough, Cratter, cough, cough).  I have quickly grown tired of the Berryisms and Hennessyisms and climbing back into the "I think we can do it" bandwagon only to suffer the latest and greatest season-killing loss.  Old Yeller's got rabies, folks, and the only thing we can do is put him out of his misery.   

Or, you could just enjoy the remainder of the season. Every game with this team is a nail biter, and no matter how far we advance, before long it’ll be the middle of April and six long months until college hockey.

• Upvote 2

On 2/21/2019 at 11:50 AM, oldSioux said:

Agreed, even less of a help if we don't sweep. We need to win the NCHC tourney. Or win out from here.

Seems like this is the case - little matter at this point

win the tournament 

high bar to clear 

sigh

sun always comes up the next day no matter what

always a fan and always will be forever!

• Upvote 2

On 2/19/2019 at 10:12 AM, stoneySIOUX said:

I was under the impression that splits against DU, WMU and UMD, along with sweeps against UNO and CC and a first round NCHC win would get us to right around there. We didn't get quite there, but we were close.

Super quick play with the Pairwise tool, no other results counted, a split with Duluth and two sweeps against CC and UNO has us at 13. Sweeping the next six games, we're 11.

Crucial to take care of business these next 2 weekends.  If we are able to win the first round of Nchc, that I would think that would be significant to our pairwise ranking.  Win 1 game in St. Paul as long as it isn't against Miami, Omaha or CC and things will be interesting.  If we scew up and split or lose any of these next 4 games, likely wondering the lines for next season.

• Upvote 1

yep need two weekends of sweeps and to beat denver 1st round... even if it takes 3 games... puts us in the 9-10ish range.

Still hope before the "MUST WIN OUT" label is thown out.

although if we even drop or tie 1 vs cc  or omaha ... well then its relegated to the mercy on the Frozen Faceoff winner  bid.

26 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

yep need two weekends of sweeps and to beat denver 1st round... even if it takes 3 games... puts us in the 9-10ish range.

although if we even drop or tie 1 vs cc  or omaha ... well then its relegated to the mercy on the Frozen Faceoff winner  bid.

We split with Omaha earlier this year and needed OT to beat CC at home both games.
To win all four (in a row!?!) is a big ask for this team, but we'll see.

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

We split with Omaha earlier this year and needed OT to beat CC at home both games.
To win all four (in a row!?!) is a big ask for this team, but we'll see.

1 minute ago, brianvf said:
2 minutes ago, brianvf said:
30 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Two weekends of sweeps and wins over Denver will not get this team to 9-10 in PW unfortunately.  Have to calculate other teams winning and losing too in the What if PW.  it is win the NCHC tourney or they are at home again in a few weeks.With the state of the school budget, Berry is here to stay until his contract runs out unfortunately

Currently 18th with a Pairwise RPI of .5320, teams within .01 points -- 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21. I use the .01, because based on all results, on any given weekend, that's most likely the highest / lowest you can go. 

You never know and things can change quickly week to week, but it really is looking like one of two things needs to happen.

1. Sweep the next two weekends (IF that happens), you just have to win your 1st round, can go three games -- then reevaluate, maybe only need to win 1 of 2 in St. Paul

2. Any loss over the next two weekends, most likely means needing to win the NCHC Tourney

On 2/19/2019 at 11:41 AM, MafiaMan said:

I have quickly grown tired of the Berryisms and Hennessyisms and climbing back into the "I think we can do it" bandwagon only to suffer the latest and greatest season-killing loss.  Old Yeller's got rabies, folks, and the only thing we can do is put him out of his misery.   

On 2/19/2019 at 4:41 PM, Langster019 said:

Thanks for a good chuckle. I’ll give antibiotics a chance and a prayer while the .22 is on standby. 

2 hours ago, Langster019 said:

@MafiaMan I’m reaching for that .22 now. Old Yeller isn’t doing so good. :D

2uhvg7.jpg

• Upvote 1

13th should get us in, maybe even 14th place after the FrozFaceoff. That's 4 more weekends of hockey to get results of Pairwise for the NCAA's.
Pairwise Ranking:         

Cornell 13       16-8-3  
Harvard 14       16-8-3  
Mass.-Lowell 15       18-10-3  
Bowling Green 16       20-8-5  
Notre Dame 17       17-12-3  
North Dakota 18       15-14-2  
Penn State 19       18-12-2  

We are currently at 18th. We need to move ahead of 4 or 5 teams. Pretty much have to get to FrozFaceoff to have enough wins to move up and then win one there?
                            Next Weekend                      2nd Weekend  3rd&4th Weekends
Cornell             @ St. Law + @ Clarkson       conf tourney - 3 weekends
Harvard           @ Rensselaer + @ Union       conf tourney - 3 weekends
MassLowell    home&home NewHamp       1@ Vermont    tourney 2 weekends
Bowling Grn    2home AlamabHunts            conf tourney - 3 weekends
Penn St            2@ N Dame                             conf tourney - 3 weekends      
Nodak              2@ CC                                      2home Omah   tourney 2 weekends

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

This team winning 6-7 games in a row is a big stretch. Reality set in after Xmas, this team is not going any where but golfing.

6-7 in a row, Ya!    6 in a row puts us in FrozFaceoff.  Odds pretty slim to get the run.

Winning 5 of 6 could get us to Twin Cities if last two are wins, or 6 of 7 if Denver takes us to three games. Then win one and lose one, and hope. Of coarse winning two there would give us the auto.
Lot of variable here yet; how many we win, how many loses do the teams in my last post get?

We do suck and it’s seems like the emperor is walking around nude and people are telling him how great his clothes are. Berry needs to right the ship and if he can’t/won’t then move on and let someone else. Even sitting through Gino’s last years didn’t feel this bad, this team is hard to watch 

2 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

We do suck and it’s seems like the emperor is walking around nude and people are telling him how great his clothes are. Berry needs to right the ship and if he can’t/won’t then move on and let someone else. Even sitting through Gino’s last years didn’t feel this bad, this team is hard to watch 

I'm just saying that we get that you think that.