SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs donors... again?

Frozen4sioux

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Always good to have one "old-timer" on the scramble team who consistently knocks it 170 yards and straight.

I didn't know you know me.
I'm not that old, but I'm that guy: 215 +/- 5 off the tee down the middle, driver (or 1 iron depending on wind).  

Scrambles have me drive first (so the others can load up and rip) and putt last (as I get a full read). 

48 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I didn't know you know me.
I'm not that old, but I'm that guy: 215 +/- 5 off the tee down the middle, driver (or 1 iron depending on wind).  

Scrambles have me drive first (so the others can load up and rip) and putt last (as I get a full read). 

215!? We need you in Bismarck, haha

Grand Forks can sure hire some God Aweful Admins. That previous Fat guy at GF Schools & this guy at UND - Are there not people capable of seeing this coming when they interview & check referances ? ? ? Why promoting someone more familiar maybe could prevent this Crap 

10 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Grand Forks can sure hire some God Aweful Admins. That previous Fat guy at GF Schools & this guy at UND - Are there not people capable of seeing this coming when they interview & check referances ? ? ? Why promoting someone more familiar maybe could prevent this Crap 

LIke Bubba and Bubs? 

7 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Then you get people who say "You only hire UND people" "Don't think outside the box" etc.

If I my old professor was still alive, I'd ask him his current thoughts (he served on the committee and had Kennedy has his 2nd choice, the guy from Boise was his top pick)

1 hour ago, GDPritch said:

To be honest, I quit using it about 2 years ago due to my slice.  It just wasn't worth it. 

The whole "Tin Cup, entire round w/ a 7 iron" is extremely under-rated.  Totally realistic and most people would drop their score big time. . . Seriously, though, could we just fire this jack wagon of a president and get someone from North Dakota who gives a crap about us for once?  There hasn't been a great president since Clifford.  Although Kuppchella (sp?) came around fairly quickly and wasn't terrible, we still need a homer to pull this $%#@! show together. . . .   

• Upvote 2

On 1/15/2019 at 9:00 AM, Oxbow6 said:

Ray Richards was a 9 hole course that cost in the low $20s depending on the day of the week to play before it closed. Doesn't fit into the first point or second point. The third point is.........:huh:

Most people who played Ray Richards were not single digit handicappers. They were people looking to enjoy a nice weather day with friends/family while chasing around a white ball whether they shot bogey or triple bogey golf.

Old score card

IMG_20190125_073811199.jpg

8 hours ago, Hockeygirl97 said:

The whole "Tin Cup, entire round w/ a 7 iron" is extremely under-rated.  Totally realistic and most people would drop their score big time. . . Seriously, though, could we just fire this jack wagon of a president and get someone from North Dakota who gives a crap about us for once?  There hasn't been a great president since Clifford.  Although Kuppchella (sp?) came around fairly quickly and wasn't terrible, we still need a homer to pull this $%#@! show together. . . .   

The SBoHE isn't going to fire him.  They didn't last summer, they aren't going to now.

8 hours ago, Hockeygirl97 said:

Bruce. Smith. (not Buffalo Bills guy, the one from Aerospace)

They had their chance and screwed it up.

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The SBoHE isn't going to fire him.  They didn't last summer, they aren't going to now.

Caviate/"Everyone is entitled to their opinion even if it is wrong"

Opinion:

The SBHE is not part of any solution, SBHE is not part of the problem, SBHE is the Problem.

For the past 10-20 years SBHE appointment of Chancellor's and President's of UND & NNSU has been, at best, suspect.

Trying to connect the dots,

15 hours ago, Hockeygirl97 said:

The whole "Tin Cup, entire round w/ a 7 iron" is extremely under-rated.  Totally realistic and most people would drop their score big time. . . 

I played in a "three club tournament" one time. Three clubs of your choice.

Most went out "driver, 7 iron, putter".

I went out "1 iron, 6 iron, 64 degree wedge". I choked down on and closed the face of the 1 iron to putt. 

I tied my personal course best ... < facepalm > ... 

• 1 month later...

After listening to it and her description of the the relationship with the REA and UND (only about a 15 minute interview), I just can't support her position

....they will have a completed asset they haven't paid for....there's money that's coming in every year for them, that is also an added gift....so he wanted to redo the agreement and was going back to ground zero for everything....why retool something that wasn't broken to begin with....when you receive a gift, you say thank you, you don't tell people how they weren't generous and how you want to redo it, that was an anomaly to me.

• UND pays significant funds as a usage fee, it isn't free.....or even close. In 2017, the REA got $2.4 million in ticket revenues through the usage agreement, expensed an additional $1.1 million to UND for utilities, maintenance staff, phone service and other expenses and also an additional $247K of reimbursement for managing the box office for UND. In return, UND used the REA and got $750K in allocated net income paid back to them.
  • The REA foundation is set up to benefit UND athletics, the "extra" money (that is really just funds leftover after the REA pays expenses and takes their cut for future projects) has nowhere else to go but back to UND. And again, a large portion of that was UND's money to begin with.
  • The usage agreement is set up to be reviewed annually and got a rubber stamp with no changes for over a decade. UND and the athletic department saw a significant cut in their budget, a pain the REA saw none of. Why wouldn't they try to renegotiate one of, if not the, largest line item expense adjusted when it is being paid to a supposed partner.
  • Was it really an anomaly? The articles about how the donation to UNLV was handled seems to contradict that.

While I doubt it changes anyone's mind one way or another....it is very interesting to hear the rationale for the feeling of entitlement that KEM feels comes with her family's donation (right, wrong or indifferent). She specifically touches on how donors these days deserve a say but it isn't micromanaging. She also flat out said that there won't be funds going to UND until Kennedy is gone, outside of support in scholarships. So don't look for the Engelstad's name anywhere on Phase II of the HPC....

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

After listening to it and her description of the the relationship with the REA and UND, I can't support her position

• UND pays significant funds as a usage fee, it isn't free.....or even close.
  • The REA foundation is set up to benefit UND athletics, the "extra" money (that is really just funds leftover after the REA pays expenses and takes their cut for future projects) has nowhere else to go but back to UND. And again, a large portion of that was UND's money to begin with.
  • The usage agreement is set up to be reviewed annually and got a rubber stamp with no changes for over a decade. UND and the athletic department saw a significant cut in their budget, a pain the REA saw none of. Why wouldn't they try to renegotiate one of, if not the, largest line item expense adjusted when it is being paid to a supposed partner.
  • Was it really an anomaly....the articles about how the donation to UNLV was handled seems to contradict that.

While I doubt it changes anyone's mind one way or another....it is very interesting to hear the rationale for the feeling of entitlement that KEM feels comes with her family's donation (right, wrong or indifferent). She specifically touches on how donors these days deserve a say but it isn't micromanaging. She also flat out said that there won't be funds going to UND until Kennedy is gone, outside of support in scholarships. So don't look for the Engelstad's name anywhere on Phase II of the HPC....

Bring us to speed on the usage agreement.  Isn't that a contract?  KEM can make threats that they are cutting off all donations, but is that possible with the usage agreement in place?  By ending all donations, wouldn't that make the current contract void and UND would then get ALL profits from the REA? 

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Bring us to speed on the usage agreement.  Isn't that a contract?  KEM can make threats that they are cutting off all donations, but is that possible with the usage agreement in place?  By ending all donations, wouldn't that make the current contract void and UND would then get ALL profits from the REA? 

Her comments were future donations, in the terms of capital projects (think HPC Phase II), though I don't know if that includes REA facility upgrades or not. I'd guess since the REA isn't technically "UND's building" then it would be exempt. It would no effect with UND continuing to use the REA and existing agreements.

However it is a really poor future indicator of the future of REA come 2030. The ideal scenario (in my mind) is to extend out the lease/turnover date because both parties are seeing significant benefits and it continues to allow the REA do things that UND can't do as freely since they operate as a public institution. However, if UND feels like they are continuing to get the short end, why would they continue the partnership under the current arrangements and work with someone who is continuously publicly criticizing you?

21 minutes ago, Kab said:

Kennedy needs to go for many reasons but not for threats from a donor.

he will keep doing stupid things and leave on his own, maybe take a job in Florida

Oviously the NDBHE will not address the chaos happening with not only Kennedy but the entire UND administration.

I applaud the Engelstad family for their decision. 

Why would anyone donate to UND when they see the eco-maniac president pi$$ the money away.

15 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Oviously the NDBHE will not address the chaos happening with not only Kennedy but the entire UND administration.

I applaud the Engelstad family for their decision. 

Why would anyone donate to UND when they see the eco-maniac president pi$$ the money away.

So you applaud when millionaire heiresses try to use their money and power to influence public institutions? Wow!!  So those with the money have the power to control everything.  there are countries in the world you can move too that are run like that.  But I am guessing you wouldn't like that life too much.

Also, lease provide examples of how Kennedy has "pissed the money away" in regards to alumni donations?  (Salaries commuting expenses to UNd employees don't fall under alumni donation spending)