SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs donors... again?

Frozen4sioux

10 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I agree. Just to speculate about how this could play out, what if he doesn't get the CU job and says he never intended to resign? Could the NDUS fire him? Is a golden parachute necessary?

Just my opinion, but he'd likely fight it and they'd probably settle with around a $400,000 payout. 

10 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Just my opinion, but he'd likely fight it and they'd probably settle with around a $400,000 payout. 

......and that would speak to his character or lack thereof. He created this whole mess on his own but in true MK fashion he'll pass on taking any accountability and looks for the money grab.

• Upvote 3

Just as music is noise that makes sense, a painting is color that makes sense, so a story is life that makes sense. 

Let’s think about this one? How does this story make sense?

This talk by some about what a great job this leader does and then at the same time it’s like he’s doing/saying things that are not characteristic of a vibrant U president.  

Painted himself into a corner
Didn’t have his ducks in a row
Cooked his own goose
Could screw up a wet dream
Boiled the stew over

Could it be:
That he is modestly over rated? Colorado will soon let us know.
That any president would of looked good, there was no choice but to make cuts?

Yeast is to flour as action is to ambition. Rising to success requires adding and alternating starters.

6 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Just as music is noise that makes sense, a painting is color that makes sense, so a story is life that makes sense. 

This talk by some about what a great job this leader does and then at the same time it’s like he’s doing/saying things that are not characteristic of a vibrant U president.  

Cooked his own goose
Boiled the stew over

Could it be:

Yeast is to flour as action is to ambition. Rising to success requires adding and alternating starters.

Ok, now I'm just hungry.

9 hours ago, John W. said:

I'm sure the. Fargo Heralt' is readying a place on their mantel for their 'Pulitzer'.... Since after several years they finally got 'Kennedy''....democrats should contact them as they're still trying to bring down Trump...

I'm a deep rooted card carrying member of the Republican party, more conservative than most would ever admit. It doesnt change my view that MK has been a weenis. One's political standing is just one part of who they are as a person. 

Keep the petty politics out of this.

7 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Cooked his own goose
Boiled the stew over

Could it be:

20373615.jpg

Colorado is getting a 62 year old president which means he's probably there at best 4 years until he retires. What Kennedy was looking for was another school where he had potential to grow his salary and live in more populated city and have fresh start with public. Being in much larger city not every move he makes or mistake is going to get front page headlines like it does here in North Dakota. Second is he talks much better game than he plays when it comes to running major university and  being in state of North Dakota people do follow the University so it takes small town political skills not Washington DC political skills. Meaning people here do listen and follow what you are doing and if you say one thing and do another people remember here and these kind of actions are not easily forgiven. In Colorado his tenure will be short and if he doesn't rock the boat to much he should be able to finish his career out there unless he choose to move on again for greener pastures.

I do get offended when I see people putting down North Dakota people as being small minded and not progressive several of posts have made such references. I think a lot of people here that make those remarks may not know the history of this state or what people have done here in little over 130 years to build a state to where it is today. In that time where there  was little to none infrastructure in this state and vast majority of people came here with little money to make a living. While they started with little wealth they built this state and one things they did was invest in educational system to improve next generations chances succeeding in this world. They did this through tough times and harsh weather times where being conservative and having faith in themselves and god got them through these times. The sacrifice many people made to stay and build something here is astounding because a lot of people left to live where is was easier to make a living. But today the state has grown into one of the better states in United States where incomes arein upper one third of all the states and we have developed our state into where large portion of kids want to stay and build life here. We are using our education system to create new industries here in the state and well as provide for ones that are successful.  Yes we may do things and look at things differently than other parts of the nation but we have had too if were going to continue succeed here and conquer this land and climate we live in.  Also the people of North Dakota put great value on education but they are also practical in that they want return that helps all of the state of North Dakota. This is why they do follow how education system is run and how its being managed but it comes from prospective of how they have lived and had to manage their businesses and jobs here in North Dakota.

That is why the next president of UND needs to fit the state of North Dakota because we have had to many presidents that have not been in sink with people of North Dakota. They are not invested in UND and State of North Dakota I think that what people of North Dakota want. It may sound simple but we haven't had president that can communicate and understand the citizens of North Dakota. It seems we have had presidents that are at odds with public, educational system, the legislature, and even within the school itself for number of years.  That is why I think next president needs to be looking at UND as more final destination not stepping stone and also young enough that its not last job for retirement.  If you get gest of this criteria I think we need somebody that wants to be here and build this institution for long term that whole state of North Dakota can be proud of.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

This is our president. How does our president get into a mess like this. Is this an indication of the competence of our president? I am afraid so. 

I think a fair demand is that none of the people that were involved in the last search committee are involved this time around.  At least two won't because they left for another job (Hesham) or have passed on. 

• Like 1

So, he sends the “UND Community” a statement saying he and his wife, Debbie, are “excited for this new opportunity but sorry to leave UND.” And he has made reference to June 15, 2019, being his last day at UND. And he has made comments in Colorado publications basically stating ND consists of racists, sexists, and hicks.  

Seems the cat has eaten the canary, and has been caught. 

He sends Hagerott another email like this one and he probably should be dismissed for insubordination anyway. 

• Upvote 3

Who would of expected anything different after 

"Friday, North Dakota University System Chancellor Mark Hagerott sent Kennedy a letter accepting his “de facto notice of resignation,” based on statements Kennedy made throughout the week to the university community and media."   ---  quote from today's GF Herald article. 

Colorado can peacefully end this by hiring MK. They have a couple of weeks to decide, going to be some opposition there.
Please Colorado, end this thing. Not so sure that's going to happen?

• Like 1