SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs donors... again?

Frozen4sioux

48 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I've always liked Kennedy, and still do, but after the CU news, it's time to move on.  This was a great move by Hagerott, IMO, but I doubt it prevents a drawn out court battle if Kennedy doesn't get the nod at CU.  

Hagerott is a worse than many of you realize, he should be canned with Kennedy. He is guilty of everything you guys accuse Kennedy of doing except he is actually sexist. I would take Kennedy over Hagerott any day.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Not really, SBoHE cut it off. He knows he's done here based on his own words. 

Yep...Board with a decisive move.  It's time for UND to move on and find a new president.  Sounds like CU may be doing the same thing, but that doesn't concern me.

• Upvote 2

On 4/11/2019 at 10:28 AM, jdub27 said:

None of that answer my question of what happened at VCSU or MiSU that makes him such an impressive candidate except for being "one of us". He was tagged as being inexperienced last time around, did another couple years at Minot really change that? I'm not being negative towards him, I'm really trying to understand the appeal.

And pure speculation he wouldn't leave after less than 3 years, he's on the record at looking to advance after less than 2 years after Minot. I'm in no way blaming him for doing it, just point out the hypocrisy for those that are in favor of him and degrading MK for doing the same thing. What if he got approached for an opportunity at the largest undergrad college in the nation or a nearby AAU/P5 school?

Very familiar with Shirley.

He's everything Kennedy isn't, approachable, involved, personable.  

At VCSU, he successfully wove the university into the community.  There was always the mentality that the university was this "other thing" in town.  And it was deep.  He changed that. 

He brought donors in.  They restarted a closed track and field program.  Brought turf to the football field before any other school outside of the bigs in the state. 

The school glowingly passed its audits with the legislature, when other schools were failing those same audits. He secured funding for a new science building.  They augmented their masters program in tech ed, and the enrollment grew, and set records, semester after semester. 

If they pass on that track record in a North Dakota native that gets the system inside and out, especially after going the complete opposite direction into a disaster, they are foolish. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Rynomania said:

Very familiar with Shirley.

He's everything Kennedy isn't, approachable, involved, personable.  

At VCSU, he successfully wove the university into the community.  There was always the mentality that the university was this "other thing" in town.  And it was deep.  He changed that. 

He brought donors in.  They restarted a closed track and field program.  Brought turf to the football field before any other school outside of the bigs in the state. 

The school glowingly passed its audits with the legislature, when other schools were failing those same audits. He secured funding for a new science building.  They augmented their masters program in tech ed, and the enrollment grew, and set records, semester after semester. 

If they pass on that track record in a North Dakota native that gets the system inside and out, especially after going the complete opposite direction into a disaster, they are foolish. 

Expect they did once already.  Would he try again?

7 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Expect they did once already.  Would he try again?

Obviously, we can't control that.  And maybe not.  The word I got was that the high-fallotin professors didn't like the fact that he didn't have a phD, and spoke negatively about him based solely on that. 

But, if he does, that really speaks volumes about his character.  It would prove he thinks of UND as the big deal UND deserves to be with its next president.  It would show he doesn't put himself or his ego above the university. 

I think those qualities alone would be quite welcome right about now. 

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Good move by Hagerott. I appreciate what Kennedy has done, making hard decisions during hard times, but the bridge has been burned. He can't stay if CU changes its mind. 

I agree. Just to speculate about how this could play out, what if he doesn't get the CU job and says he never intended to resign? Could the NDUS fire him? Is a golden parachute necessary?