SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs donors... again?

Frozen4sioux

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

None of that answer my question of what happened at VCSU or MiSU that makes him such an impressive candidate except for being "one of us". He was tagged as being inexperienced last time around, did another couple years at Minot really change that? I'm not being negative towards him, I'm really trying to understand the appeal.

And pure speculation he wouldn't leave after less than 3 years, he's on the record at looking to advance after less than 2 years after Minot. I'm in no way blaming him for doing it, just point out the hypocrisy for those that are in favor of him and degrading MK for doing the same thing. What if he got approached for an opportunity at the largest undergrad college in the nation or a nearby AAU/P5 school?

If the crystal ball says Shirley has that kind of upside, hire him yesterday.   That will be for the committee to decide, as I too think the Kennedy ship has sailed regardless.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

If the crystal ball says Shirley has that kind of upside, hire him yesterday.   That will be for the committee to decide, as I too think the Kennedy ship has sailed regardless.  

I 100% agree, but people don't seem to want someone who gets noticed by these big name schools in only a few years of work. The message seems to be we need stability, not someone with the drive who might go looking at bigger and better opportunities/challenges.

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I 100% agree, but people don't seem to want someone who gets noticed by these big name schools in only a few years of work. I'm told we need stability, not someone looking to move up in the world? 

Can we all settle on instability without the s**t show then???

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Those two are cause and effect. 

No necessarily.....see below.  Two sides to every coin.

8 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

The Charles Kupchella, Robert Kelley, Bubba Schweigert, Brian Jones kind of stability is the last thing needed right now.  

We haven’t had good luck getting staff from minot state, Rudy, not sure how Grabowski is but working with Jones can’t be easy, 

Surely their is someone besides Shirley.

i would think there are several UND grads that are running multimillion dollar companies that May like the challenge .

7 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

If the CU Board of Regents actually backpedals due to the Facebook and Twitter echo-chambers, I'm beyond embarrassed for all involved, and frankly even more fearful for where we are headed as a country.    

Is the era of "rule by the loudest screamers" here to stay?

and there it is.......

"I maybe should have put ‘we would be sorry to leave UND’,” Kennedy told the Grand Forks Herald of his letter to the campus.

This quote clears up the question and is proof of a very major aspect. Kennedy has not resigned. 

He wrote a farwell letter in the top of the eighth inning, but hasnt resigned.

I can't believe the journalists or media havent picked up on this or asked the straight up question.

We need to stop everything, lavish him with praise for his diversity and leadership, hire pro mourners to wail in anguish to line columbia and scream in despair at the prospect of his leaving.

Give him a rainbow colored electric car as a testement to his openness and wisdom. 

What. Ever. It. Takes.

Anywho....Back on track,

Port.... solidly to the right

Herald ... solidly to the left

MK has managed to bring both sides together... in a way.

I'd say thats enough to prove his abilities and highlight his achievements that are deserving of the CU position.

Civil discourse is a disappearing art, question of the day is how to encourage discussion with dissenting opinions while maintaining civility and avoiding groupthink and echo chambers.  I used up my allotment of big words and strained my grammatical knowledge.  Thankfully I had no memes to insert.  Have a great day.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Shirley is highly regarded in Valley City and Minot.  I'd still prefer to wait and see if he can turn around Minot's enrollment woes before giving him the UND job though.

Not disagreeing but he has to be on the short list when MK's last cardboard box leaves his office.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

If the CU Board of Regents actually backpedals due to the Facebook and Twitter echo-chambers, I'm beyond embarrassed for all involved, and frankly even more fearful for where we are headed as a country.    

And it would be no ones fault but themselves.  You wouldn’t think that would have been considered BEFORE making him the pick?

• Upvote 2

Just now, SWSiouxMN said:

Well remember how “great” the SBoHE is..... it wouldn’t shock me if they said: sure, go back on the job.  No issues 

There is that part of the equation....... unfortunately.

• Upvote 1