Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 FB Recruiting


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you get a chance, take a few minutes to talk with Coach Pawlak. You'll be ready to run through a wall for the guy and not in the PJ Fleck way (not that there is anything wrong with that). Between h

Huge weekend this weekend.  Lock up some of the current commits, and use them to recruit the uncommitted guys that are going to be here. Staff seems to be somewhat busy monitoring the potential t

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

we have already seen examples of NDSU math.  it ain't pretty.

My point is UND continues to lose the local recruiting battle badly.  Bubba said when he was hired that one of his top priorities was to get the top end local kids recruited to UND. How's that worked out?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

MN recruiting: St. Francis tight end Wyatt Schroeder is a PWO at the U of M....  Champlain Park QB Janice Miller is still shopping around... considering Wyoming and Duluth....OLB Kaden Johnson SMB is Aldo undecided... he was on the Star Tribune All Metro First Team....

just saying...

UofM is Schroeder's dream school and he said as such.  Kaden Johnson signed with Wisconsin this morning - he was a Big10 guy all the way.  Jaice Miller was being recruited as a WR and I believe we are full there for this class with the commits.  So I'm not sure what you're saying.  We should offer everyone that us yahoo's that know nothing think they should?

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

My point is UND continues to lose the local recruiting battle badly.  Bubba said when he was hired that one of his top priorities was to get the top end local kids recruited to UND. How's that worked out?

do you see him getting the majority of the local recruits over NDSU at this point in time?

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Who are the 8?  Then list UND's local commits....

I did list them by each school. Go ahead and see for yourself.

18 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

do you see him getting the majority of the local recruits over NDSU at this point in time?

"The majority"…..no but the recruiting gap locally has not shrunk one bit since Bubba took over. One of Bubba's main points of emphasis when he got the HC job at UND was that he was going to get the top end local kids to want to come to UND to play FB. 6 years later how has that worked out? Better players make better teams. Not complicated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I did list them by each school. Go ahead and see for yourself.

"The majority"…..no but the recruiting gap locally has not shrunk one bit since Bubba took over. One of Bubba's main points of emphasis when he got the HC job at UND was that he was going to get the top end local kids to want to come to UND to play FB. 6 years later how has that worked out? Better players make better teams. Not complicated.

Thanks for the update. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Siouxperman8 said:

SU certainly has a lot of advantages over us right now when it comes to getting the kids they want. 

Facilities, coaching salaries, national success ......... Bubba and the guys are working on it.

 

 

?? The practice bubble vs. HPC?

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I did list them by each school. Go ahead and see for yourself.

"The majority"…..no but the recruiting gap locally has not shrunk one bit since Bubba took over. One of Bubba's main points of emphasis when he got the HC job at UND was that he was going to get the top end local kids to want to come to UND to play FB. 6 years later how has that worked out? Better players make better teams. Not complicated.

Let's be real here: you can't live on recruiting ND/MN. I feel like Bubba and the boys have done a much better job recruiting locally then we have in the past. First and foremost, I Klein is my top recruit in the state. We snagged him. The top "local" recruit would be the kid from Barnsville and well he is going to Iowa State. I also know for a fact NDSU had interest in Bo Belquist and we have him coming our way as well. Those are my top two ND dudes and they are hawks. If we are talking ND and ND alone for recruiting, yearly there will be an average of 2-3 kids who can legit play FCS football, I wouldn't get too giddy on the locals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Let's be real here: you can't live on recruiting ND/MN. I feel like Bubba and the boys have done a much better job recruiting locally then we have in the past. First and foremost, I Klein is my top recruit in the state. We snagged him. The top "local" recruit would be the kid from Barnsville and well he is going to Iowa State. I also know for a fact NDSU had interest in Bo Belquist and we have him coming our way as well. Those are my top two ND dudes and they are hawks. If we are talking ND and ND alone for recruiting, yearly there will be an average of 2-3 kids who can legit play FCS football, I wouldn't get too giddy on the locals.

Miller is the best recruit in the area......he'll have a good shot to play on Sundays IMO if he progresses. The Barnesville kid and Anderson from Moorhead are a slight notch below. Those are the top 3. Klein is a great pick-up for UND but we'll disagree he's the top ND recruit. The Satter kid is a flat out stud. Kava from Shanley will be terrific at this level.  Carrier to NDSU and Belquist to UND are a wash.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Miller is the best recruit in the area......he'll have a good shot to play on Sundays IMO if he progresses. The Barnesville kid and Anderson from Moorhead are a slight notch below. Those are the top 3. Klein is a great pick-up for UND but we'll disagree he's the top ND recruit. The Satter kid is a flat out stud. Kava from Shanley will be terrific at this level.  Carrier to NDSU and Belquist to UND are a wash.

I'm not huge on Satter. Undersized and didn't prove to be a true game changer at the AAA level in my opinion. I don't know enough on the Kava kid to comment on that one, but I know his brother was over hyped out of high school, but like I said I won't say anything there. 

 

I will say the Miller kid is legit. However, I believe in the importance of recruiting local, but our Wisconsin, Nebraska, Illinois, and Minnesota recruits are MUCH more important.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I'm not huge on Satter. Undersized and didn't prove to be a true game changer at the AAA level in my opinion. I don't know enough on the Kava kid to comment on that one, but I know his brother was over hyped out of high school, but like I said I won't say anything there. 

 

I will say the Miller kid is legit. However, I believe in the importance of recruiting local, but our Wisconsin, Nebraska, Illinois, and Minnesota recruits are MUCH more important.

Not disagreeing with your last comment at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Miller is the best recruit in the area......he'll have a good shot to play on Sundays IMO if he progresses. The Barnesville kid and Anderson from Moorhead are a slight notch below. Those are the top 3. Klein is a great pick-up for UND but we'll disagree he's the top ND recruit. The Satter kid is a flat out stud. Kava from Shanley will be terrific at this level.  Carrier to NDSU and Belquist to UND are a wash.

lol...you think Satter is better than Klein?  You think Carrier and Belquist are a wash?  Dude, holy sh*t

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Miller is the best recruit in the area......he'll have a good shot to play on Sundays IMO if he progresses. The Barnesville kid and Anderson from Moorhead are a slight notch below. Those are the top 3. Klein is a great pick-up for UND but we'll disagree he's the top ND recruit. The Satter kid is a flat out stud. Kava from Shanley will be terrific at this level.  Carrier to NDSU and Belquist to UND are a wash.

You think Kava will play FB?  Certainly doesn’t have the frame to be a DL in college.  He’s 240lbs now and is bulky at around 6’.  

Best high school player in the state IMO 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, homer said:

You think Kava will play FB?  Certainly doesn’t have the frame to be a DL in college.  He’s 240lbs now and is bulky at around 6’.  

Best high school player in the state IMO 

Andrew Leingang out of Century is the best overall high school football player in the state at the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

?? The practice bubble vs. HPC?

HPC Phase I is certainly a plus.

If you look at locker rooms, coaches offices, player lounges, weight rooms, strength and conditioning areas.............we really fall short.

a quick google search will tell you all you need to know about their facilities

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

lol...you think Satter is better than Klein?  You think Carrier and Belquist are a wash?  Dude, holy sh*t

Your typical assumptions are mind numbing.  Where did I say Satter was better than Klein??  Never did.

Did you see either Carrier or Belquist play over the past couple seasons?  Didn't think so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...