SiouxSports.com Forum

CC at UND, January 11 & 12

GoalieMask

7 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Canisius College got lit up like my Christmas tree tonight by someplace called Mercyhurst...when’s the ticker tape parade for a home OT win vs Colorado College?

The epiphany came to a close January 6th. You should no longer be lighting your Christmas tree. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Well, you keep wanting to celebrate a “big” home win over 8-win Colorado College, yet the “worst team in the NCHC” has only 2 less wins than that and lost a hard-fought 1-0 game at Denver tonight.  NoDak might wanna step up its game or that Omaha trip next weekend might be another road disaster.

You need to get back on your meds.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm cool with cellies, but that felt different. Felt spiteful. I'm being sensitive, but it made me really mad lol. 

I guess, when I saw it, I felt like, since they score so few goals in key spots, he was just making sure the cameras could identify the team that scored. 

A little help goes a long way. 

Observation after the jersey pop:

The Ralph was only half full for the last ten minutes + OT.

The fans that stayed, stayed to see a win, were pretty vocal, seen UND play pretty hard and with some grit to get the win.

Those fans that stayed for the 47 SOG are the fans we need to build on!

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Observation after the jersey pop:

The Ralph was only half full for the last ten minutes + OT.

The fans that stayed, stayed to see a win, were pretty vocal, seen UND play pretty hard and with some grit to get the win.

Those fans that stayed for the 47 SOG are the fans we need to build on!

Yup........those are the "real" fans. :silly:

57 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

The Christmas Tree wasn’t literally lit up last night.  Canisius College, however, was.

MM, Since you’re never sarcastic, I took what you said as gospel so my bad. Try to bring that wit to the Hoggsbreath in March, as chances are that might be UND fans’ only entertainment that weekend! 

I didn’t take Wilkie’s jersey pop personally. I heard he was so amped up during warm ups that Haviland had to have a word with him to settle him down. He strikes me as a guy who’s pretty emotional and wears his attitude on his sleeve a little bit.

Even the UND tv guys were saying that Wilkie didn’t taunt or antagonize UND after his goal. I think that goal was personal for him and he had a right to be excited. 

12 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I didn’t take Wilkie’s jersey pop personally. I heard he was so amped up during warm ups that Haviland had to have a word with him to settle him down. He strikes me as a guy who’s pretty emotional and wears his attitude on his sleeve a little bit.

Even the UND tv guys were saying that Wilkie didn’t taunt or antagonize UND after his goal. I think that goal was personal for him and he had a right to be excited. 

Per Tim on radio. Shortly after he scored his goal he gave a snow shower to Scheel. Again that's what Tim said but I believe it was unnecessary. It's only CC. What have they done in recent years Wilkie feels like he needs to do the jersey pop? You do that for attention when you think you're better.

• Upvote 1

We need die hard (if you want to call them "real fans" - fine) and casual fans - both. People complain about spectators (fans) leaving early in every sport multiple times a year.

You tell me what type of fan I am - I go to one or two home games a year and one or two away series. I am one of those that buy unused season ticket holder tickets. I watch many parts of games on TV. Maybe some of you don''t even consider me a fan. I went to UND and I am interested in almost all of the sports. I haven't been to a women's hockey game in a while but that's about it. :)

16 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Per Tim on radio. Shortly after he scored his goal he gave a snow shower to Scheel. Again that's what Tim said but I believe it was unnecessary. It's only CC. What have they done in recent years Wilkie feels like he needs to do the jersey pop? You do that for attention when you think you're better.

Yah I guess but put yourself in his place. He was rarely used his sophomore season, he transfers and is getting plenty of ice time and he comes back to his former team. I thought he was pretty diplomatic in his comments leading up to the series as well as during his interview during the second intermission. I didn’t see or hear about the snow shower of Scheel so can’t comment about that. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Wilkie was chirping the UND bench as he skated by after the goal. Between that and trying to bury one of our players face in the ice while he was on the top of him is enough for me to wish him all the worst in the last 1 1/2 seasons of his hockey career. As Stoney said, enjoy the ring you were gifted while at UND.

9 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Wilkie was chirping the UND bench as he skated by after the goal. Between that and trying to bury one of our players face in the ice while he was on the top of him is enough for me to wish him all the worst in the last 1 1/2 seasons of his hockey career. As Stoney said, enjoy the ring you were gifted while at UND.

What about Bast’s dirty hit on Berardinelli? 

4 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

What about it?

People complaining about Wilkie’s roughing penalty which wouldn’t cause irreparable damage and wishing him ill will for the rest of his college hockey career but then not acknowledging or saying anything about Bast’s stupid elbow that might cause permanent damage to Berardinelli. It just seems hypocritical to me.