SiouxSports.com Forum

CC at UND, January 11 & 12

GoalieMask

13 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Yes. That was thought No. 3. First thought was it pissed me off because it was the go ahead goal and he barely scored at UND and we are lacking scoring. Thought No. 2 was that he left because he wasn't good enough and he knew it, so you pop the lauded CC jersey like he moved on to bigger and better things. I'll be honest... I was TRIGGERED lol. 

Here you go...

image.png.fd251edfe7ffa797d577111ed1798747.png

1 minute ago, Kab said:

I liked the Robert smith celebration after a touchdown, he handed the ball to the ref

when they asked him why he said because I’m going to be back here again

no need for classless celebrations

I'm cool with cellies, but that felt different. Felt spiteful. I'm being sensitive, but it made me really mad lol. 

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Goodness, you guys. We won the damn game and scored 4 goals, battling back after giving up a lead. Be a little happy for once. Cripes.

Canisius College got lit up like my Christmas tree tonight by someplace called Mercyhurst...when’s the ticker tape parade for a home OT win vs Colorado College?

44 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Canisius College got lit up like my Christmas tree tonight by someplace called Mercyhurst...when’s the ticker tape parade for a home OT win vs Colorado College?

And? We won. What's your problem with it? I thought wins were the most important thing?

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Yes. That was thought No. 3. First thought was it pissed me off because it was the go ahead goal and he barely scored at UND and we are lacking scoring. Thought No. 2 was that he left because he wasn't good enough and he knew it, so you pop the lauded CC jersey like he moved on to bigger and better things. I'll be honest... I was TRIGGERED lol. 

Haha this is hilarious!  I would have done the same thing as him, while at the same time thinking jersey pops are stupid.  Nothing better than pissing off opposing fans... except probably winning.

Just now, nodak651 said:

Haha this is hilarious!  I would have done the same thing as him, while at the same time thinking jersey pops are stupid.  Nothing better than pissing off opposing fans... except probably winning.

Hahaha had it been a game winner, I may have even supported it. But... It wasn't and they lost. Felt like sour grapes. You're right, though. I'm just being a weiner about it haha. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Hahaha had it been a game winner, I may have even supported it. But... It wasn't and they lost. Felt like sour grapes. You're right, though. I'm just being a weiner about it haha. 

How would he know at the time it was a game-winner or not?  The only way to know that would be to have the goal be in OT.

26 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

And? We won. What's your problem with it? I thought wins were the most important thing?

26 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

That's pretty good! What's your point?

Well, you keep wanting to celebrate a “big” home win over 8-win Colorado College, yet the “worst team in the NCHC” has only 2 less wins than that and lost a hard-fought 1-0 game at Denver tonight.  NoDak might wanna step up its game or that Omaha trip next weekend might be another road disaster.

8 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Like I said, I might even support it, at that point. 

Because it's about winning, right?

Maybe it’s too much to expect that the team come out and take a team like Colorado College out behind the woodshed for a night, eh?  Yes, it’s about winning, but if you think tonight’s effort will be enough to beat Denver, St Cloud, Duluth, or Western Michigan, I will respectfully disagree.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

Well, you keep wanting to celebrate a “big” home win over 8-win Colorado College, yet the “worst team in the NCHC” has only 2 less wins than that and lost a hard-fought 1-0 game at Denver tonight.  NoDak might wanna step up its game or that Omaha trip next weekend might be another road disaster.

At this point in the season and where we are in the PWR, every win is big. It was also very fun to watch the boys battle back and put the puck in the net. 

We also beat DU. Omaha didn't. Wins and losses, right?

As far as wins go, of course this one was big. Gotta get another big one tomorrow.

Just now, MafiaMan said:

Maybe it’s too much to expect that the team come out and take a team like Colorado College out behind the woodshed for a night, eh?  Yes, it’s about winning, but if you think tonight’s effort will be enough to beat Denver, St Cloud, Duluth, or Western Michigan, I will respectfully disagree.  

Scoring 4 goals can win us plenty of games and I thought our effort was very good. We've already beaten DU and Duluth. If we score 4 like we did tonight, we have the defense and goaltending to beat any team in the country. So, yes, we'll apparently have to agree to disagree.