SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (1-2, 7-9) vs Omaha (2-1, 8-8) 1/10 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

was at the game and was sitting right in front of the vball team...anyone else at the game notice that one of the vballs players was yelling at the top of her lungs either at someone on und's team or omaha's team about "don't you talk or smile" during conner's last free throw...i know some guys can block out everything during games but that girl's shrill voice was so damn loud followed by a bunch of her teammates laughing might have or could have distracted conner just enough to leave that last one a little short (plus that moose was gassed by playing a damn fine game against some bruisers from omaha)...

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

was at the game and was sitting right in front of the vball team...anyone else at the game notice that one of the vballs players was yelling at the top of her lungs either at someone on und's team or omaha's team about "don't you talk or smile" during conner's last free throw...i know some guys can block out everything during games but that girl's shrill voice was so damn loud followed by a bunch of her teammates laughing might have or could have distracted conner just enough to leave that last one a little short (plus that moose was gassed by playing a damn fine game against some bruisers from omaha)...

He played a great game.  Even shot well from the line... but that will be unfortunately  ignored because he missed the last one. 

• Upvote 1

I was at the game UND played very good game until the last 2 minutes of the game. They lost the game at the free throw line if they would have even hit 50% at the free throw line in last minute and half they would have won the game. I kind of think you can expect this with this team very young team with exception of Avants and Seales . Also can tell that Stewart is behind in play because not being able to play first semester. I get tired of criticism of Jones as coach of this team they have improved as the season gone along they play good defense with few exceptions and some that is because they young players and play good team basketball.  I expected games like this with this young team and growing pains but I think they are going to be pretty good team at the end of the season. Are they going to win whole thing for the conference I don't think so but they will be better team and will be stronger team next year if these players return and with few additions could be a very good team next year. After the game group of us were discussing the game only thing I could have faulted on coaching decisions were that maybe he should have pulled Moody for short period of time because they were shutting him down. But also he may have keep them honest defense to let Avants and Seales drive and work in the middle. The way these refs called the game it was difficult for UND to shut down there big man inside with not letting body up to him or let them push deny the pass on defense because once he got ball he created such mismatch where we needed more than one person on him allowing him dish it off for scoring. Also the way game was called in second half we had bonus with almost nine minutes to go in the half. This allowed them to shoot free throws to catch up down the stretch. I will very much like to see them again play some mistakes and nerves they had for this game will be eliminated and were going to see where they start beating some these better teams in league.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:08 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

Hell Marlon would have been a better option that Seales. 

Yup, Seales has an uncanny ability to score on close to mid-range turn-around jumpers and creating his shot but he's certainly no straight-up, jump shoot artist (especially anything out past mid-range). 

5 hours ago, ND-fan said:

I was at the game UND played very good game until the last 2 minutes of the game. They lost the game at the free throw line if they would have even hit 50% at the free throw line in last minute and half they would have won the game. I kind of think you can expect this with this team very young team with exception of Avants and Seales . Also can tell that Stewart is behind in play because not being able to play first semester. I get tired of criticism of Jones as coach of this team they have improved as the season gone along they play good defense with few exceptions and some that is because they young players and play good team basketball.  I expected games like this with this young team and growing pains but I think they are going to be pretty good team at the end of the season. Are they going to win whole thing for the conference I don't think so but they will be better team and will be stronger team next year if these players return and with few additions could be a very good team next year. After the game group of us were discussing the game only thing I could have faulted on coaching decisions were that maybe he should have pulled Moody for short period of time because they were shutting him down. But also he may have keep them honest defense to let Avants and Seales drive and work in the middle. The way these refs called the game it was difficult for UND to shut down there big man inside with not letting body up to him or let them push deny the pass on defense because once he got ball he created such mismatch where we needed more than one person on him allowing him dish it off for scoring. Also the way game was called in second half we had bonus with almost nine minutes to go in the half. This allowed them to shoot free throws to catch up down the stretch. I will very much like to see them again play some mistakes and nerves they had for this game will be eliminated and were going to see where they start beating some these better teams in league.

Not to argue but to say this is a "very young team with (the) exception of Avants and Seales" I'm not sure is totally accurate.  Not saying they're old/experienced but besides seniors Avants and Seales obviously being regulars they also have Stewart (albeit sat out 1st semester), Walter, and Brown in the mix also.  Aren't all three of them juniors?  In fact, had Geno not transferred I think we'd be calling them a real veteran team.  With him gone I'm not saying it's a veteran team this season but calling them a "young team" is a stretch also and gives them a longer leash to make excuses when that shouldn't necessarily be the case.  You may respectfully disagree but just my two cents.