SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
undVBfan

2019 Season

5 minutes ago, undVBfan said:

Anyone know anything about this? I'm not 100% sure that this is a bad thing. Unless there is a transfer coming in that we haven't heard about it's a year of experience gone, but again, I think it could work out for the best in the long run.

http://volleytalk.proboards.com/thread/75795/d1-transfers-2019?page=1

That is welcome news, in my opinion.  Not sure what Tulsa wants to do with her, but she was a bust at setter for UND.  Hopefully what it means is that Pryor has a real setter ready to play for 2019, and Rautio saw the writing on the wall.

3 hours ago, Dustin said:

That is welcome news, in my opinion.  Not sure what Tulsa wants to do with her, but she was a bust at setter for UND.  Hopefully what it means is that Pryor has a real setter ready to play for 2019, and Rautio saw the writing on the wall.

It's not confirmed, and I haven't tracked down the source yet, but I suspect it's true. 

I wouldn't say she was a bust, but I thought she was predictable and easy to read. But it does leave another hole to fill. Looking back a year or so I think the loss of Merseli ended up being  more of an issue than Griffin (relative comparison, both BIG losses). UND really needs a 6 rotation player who can sideout, pass, and hit from the pipe (there was no legitimate backrow option last year).

2 minutes ago, undVBfan said:

It's not confirmed, and I haven't tracked down the source yet, but I suspect it's true. 

I wouldn't say she was a bust, but I thought she was predictable and easy to read. But it does leave another hole to fill. Looking back a year or so I think the loss of Merseli ended up being  more of an issue that Griffin (relative comparison, but BIG losses). UND really needs a 6 rotation player who can sideout, pass, and hit from the pipe (there was no legitimate backrow option last year).

Calling her a bust might be a bit harsh, I'll admit, especially since she wasn't getting good passes.  She seemed out of shape, and the amount of running that our poor passing forced her to do, plus the fact she kept having to wipe off her sweaty hands, made for the worst setter play I've even seen at UND in the DI era.