SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota at Canisius January 4-5, 2019

Dave Berger

8 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

And that is why they suck. He’s never been and never will be a sioux. And to have the gaul to use the word pride to describe getting swept by a shitbag program. I wonder what a quote would have been from Porter when he was here had they been swept like this?

Or Mario Lamoureux.... or Steph Pattyn. Those were some under-skilled guys who willed their teams to win. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I can’t even believe I’m reading crap like this!  I wouldn’t give a damn if Canisius College scheduled a ticker-tape parade in downtown Buffalo tomorrow for the team.  A hockey blue-blood just got its ass kicked in a two game series and we have some snowflakes crying about puck arrangement?   

Personally, I am more interested in how many goals the Canisius goaltender gives up next weekend. I imagine he'll drop off the Hobey watch list afterwards (sarcasm). :silly:

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I can’t even believe I’m reading crap like this!  I wouldn’t give a damn if Canisius College scheduled a ticker-tape parade in downtown Buffalo tomorrow for the team.  A hockey blue-blood just got its ass kicked in a two game series and we have some snowflakes crying about puck arrangement?   

Are we allowed to call people snowflakes? My wife yelled at me the other day when I called my 11-year-old daughter a triggered snowflake. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Don't overly agree with the tone of this post....but that comment Poolman made sucked.

I must be sick of how complacent the hockey team is after finally winning one. They’re soft and they have no excuse not to be a top team with what’s invested in them.

54 minutes ago, Gma loves hockey said:

Any chance the Hakstol/Berry duo was a play on the old  Good guy / Bad guy theme with Berry being the players good guy??

I always think of "Miracle". Hak was Herb Brooks. Coach, not the friend. You want a friend, talk to doc aka Berry.

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

Should have left it for the players to see..."you are being mocked and ridiculed by fucking Canisius"

I think it's kind of funny and clever to arrange an L with the pucks. I find it a lot less funny that they handed 2 of them out on the ice.

2 hours ago, ShirleyPo said:

I believe everyone should slow the roll on the firing Brad Berry. He is loved by the players and will continue to be one the best coaches. The natl championship team is mostly his class as an assistant coach doing most of the recruiting. The team will be fine. Two big weekends coming up here and I believe in this team! Although a frustrating weekend for them, there’s a ton of respect for those players who didn’t quit and continued to battle through the entire game, dominated Canisus. Slow the roll guys, they’ll get back to it this week and respond great. GO SIOUX!

I really do like your optimism but to say "the team will be fine" and "although a frustrating weekend" makes it sound like this past wknd was just a just a "bump in the road" (there's been way too many bumps in the last 50 - 60 games) but the downward trend now has been going on for a good season and a half and it still seems to be down-trending, not up-trending. 

46 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

“...one of the most complete games I’ve seen us play.”

Pretty much sums up the quality of the season right there when you’re finding the silver lining after a team ranked 40something in the country...

They keep saying that after every game.... Someone on this team needs to take accountability. Try something different. We keep making goalies on weaker teams, bemidji, Anchorage, and canisius, look like all stars.

14 hours ago, John W. said:

College hockey landscape has changed...used to be 4/5 Super  teams ( I'm talking in the 50's/60's- Michigan, North Dakota, Minnesota, Boston College, etc)... Talent now spread over. 40+ teams....No longer will teams have long running dynasties.... Will have a window for a couple years....then regroup...and make another run....kinda like the NFL...where ,except for NE, teams will make a playoff run...then regroup...

Enjoy the ride...support your fav....but accept the reality....

If UND accepts parity as an option then we are in trouble.

It doesn’t need to be that way. Winning at the college level is directly correlated to what the fans and administration will accept and what they are willing to pay for. 

I have no idea what kind of donor money comes into our program so maybe it isn’t an issue. Maybe our AD, coaches, and captains have let this team go soft mentally and physically. 

Does anyone here have 2 million to bring Hak back? I’m tapped out right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gma loves hockey said:

Any chance the Hakstol/Berry duo was a play on the old  Good guy / Bad guy theme with Berry being the players good guy??

“I’ll be your coach, I won’t be your friend, if you need help with that,take it up with doc or coach Berry.”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

They keep saying that after every game.... Someone on this team needs to take accountability. Try something different. We keep making goalies on weaker teams, bemidji, Anchorage, and canisius, look like all stars.

Why can't we get those goalies?  My biggest pet peeve/gripe is the "we'll learn from this" (I believe Rhett Gardner was quoted saying that this wknd) but I've heard that exact same line now like 11 times in the past two seasons following bad losses/series'.  Learn from it after the first time, whether it happens at UND, in the minors/juniors, or even in high school.  God, that quote gets old.

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

If that was a complete game they are done for the year.  Shots on goal and puck control are not the stats used to win games.  If you can't score you don't win.  The better teams each night is the team that scores more goals.  Hate the expression better team lost.  If you don't capitalize on your opertunities it doesn't matter.  I wonder how long they work on shooting.  This team can't hit the corners.  Either miss the net or in middle of goalies chest

4 minutes ago, Big Green said:

If that was a complete game they are done for the year.  Shots on goal and puck control are not the stats used to win games.  If you can't score you don't win.  The better teams each night is the team that scores more goals.  Hate the expression better team lost.  If you don't capitalize on your opertunities it doesn't matter.  I wonder how long they work on shooting.  This team can't hit the corners.  Either miss the net or in middle of goalies chest

SOGs and time of possession don't mean poop if you get out-skilled offensively (i.e. other team scores more goals) and that's what's been happening way too often. 

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

I can’t even believe I’m reading crap like this!  I wouldn’t give a damn if Canisius College scheduled a ticker-tape parade in downtown Buffalo tomorrow for the team.  A hockey blue-blood just got its ass kicked in a two game series and we have some snowflakes crying about puck arrangement?   

It’s people like you that don’t understand hockey. They didn’t get their ass kicked....they did play their most complete game yet on Saturday. Get your head out of your ass

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

And that is why they suck. He’s never been and never will be a sioux. 

That's not fair.  You don't know what's going on in the locker room  He is probably trying to figure out what his team needs to hear right now to play better moving forward.   

I'm guessing they've already been down the 'we suck' road.  you've been on enough teams to realize you can only go to that well so many times.  Maybe he figures it's time to try another approach and work to convince his team that they can get over the hump. 

• Upvote 2