SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (6-7) vs Fort Wayne (8-7) 12/28 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

13 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Why can't this team shoot north of 40% at home against D-1 competition?

All they had to do was shoot 45% and they win the game.

84-73 Dons 

Final

Time for this team to make some adjustments to the lineup

Because they arent very good. 

Why is Avants suddenly an afterthought now that he's a senior?  He shot 4 frickin times all game.  He is arguably their best player.  

I know that Moody is a fan favorite but at 6 for 16 is dreadful efficiency.  And he’s a liability defensively often times when I watch. Seales should play at the 4 and never get the ball unless he is around the lane.  He is a useless player on the perimeter. Teams know he is dreadful at shooting the 3, so they defend him to drive which is easy when a player essentially is one dimensional. 

First half D was really not good. granted they hit some tough shots but must be tougher to play against.  That was the game.

Listened to the pre-game show, and the UND assistant that had the scout essentially said that every time Avants would catch in on the block expect 2 or 3 defenders to run at him.  That’s exactly what I saw.  Got to pass out of it, which he did, but that’s also why we aren’t getting a lot of points out Connor on a day like to day. Also have to make the shots.  UND was dreadful at that in the 1st.  I think it finished 18 assists in 25 makes which is very respectable, just think how many more assists there would be if they make 1st half shots

Quiet bright spot today...Walter.  Marlon played hard, but I get frustrated seeing too many of his perimeter shots hit the side of the rim.  

Not sure what Atelbauers did to get in dog house but I thought he looked alright at Kentucky so he can’t be terrible.  Also, Igbanugo was a positive as well, they said in post game his last several practices were excellent.  Good to hear that if you practice well, you can earn your time. I don’t want to cheer for a team that just gives guys their spot.  Earn it. And Igbanugo did.

I watched game on the tv today but I thought UND looked very good at times and then didn't look very good but I think this has to do with young team. Fort Wayne is experienced team and you could see them  exploiting our young players. I thought second half we played much better and much better defense. What cost us the game is way to many turnovers. To be fair today Seales being sick sure didn't help for us playing defense and rebounding. I think this team by end of year could become factor and could pull off upset in the tournament. Also I like how this team played hard for whole game. 

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:09 PM, UND1983 said:

Because they arent very good. 

Why is Avants suddenly an afterthought now that he's a senior?  He shot 4 frickin times all game.  He is arguably their best player.  

I wish we could see him shoot in the short corner more (the shot that Rebraca likes to hit).  They are going to have to figure out how to get these bigs involved more and realize that a lot of these teams are going to use this blueprint.  It starts with hitting shots

23 hours ago, the green team said:

I know that Moody is a fan favorite but at 6 for 16 is dreadful efficiency.  And he’s a liability defensively often times when I watch. Seales should play at the 4 and never get the ball unless he is around the lane.  He is a useless player on the perimeter. Teams know he is dreadful at shooting the 3, so they defend him to drive which is easy when a player essentially is one dimensional. 

First half D was really not good. granted they hit some tough shots but must be tougher to play against.  That was the game.

Listened to the pre-game show, and the UND assistant that had the scout essentially said that every time Avants would catch in on the block expect 2 or 3 defenders to run at him.  That’s exactly what I saw.  Got to pass out of it, which he did, but that’s also why we aren’t getting a lot of points out Connor on a day like to day. Also have to make the shots.  UND was dreadful at that in the 1st.  I think it finished 18 assists in 25 makes which is very respectable, just think how many more assists there would be if they make 1st half shots

Quiet bright spot today...Walter.  Marlon played hard, but I get frustrated seeing too many of his perimeter shots hit the side of the rim.  

Not sure what Atelbauers did to get in dog house but I thought he looked alright at Kentucky so he can’t be terrible.  Also, Igbanugo was a positive as well, they said in post game his last several practices were excellent.  Good to hear that if you practice well, you can earn your time. I don’t want to cheer for a team that just gives guys their spot.  Earn it. And Igbanugo did.

Actually, the 6 for 16 was "from deep" per Tom Miller's tweet.  If that's the case, I take that to mean 3 pointers.  If so, then hitting 37.5% of treys isn't exactly "dreadful efficiency".  If that's for all fg attempts then agree, not very good. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Actually, the 6 for 16 was "from deep" per Tom Miller's tweet.  If that's the case, I take that to mean 3 pointers.  If so, then hitting 37.5% of treys isn't exactly "dreadful efficiency".  If that's for all fg attempts then agree, not very good. 

Agree....18 points on 16 shots. Pretty decent efficiency. BTW how many shots did the starting 5 need to get their collective 15 points?

5 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

They were 6 of 22 from the field and 2 of 3 from the line. 

Exactly......13 points on 22 FGA but some here rag on Moody after a career night. Kid can score the basketball. 

10 hours ago, GDPritch said:

Moody was 7 for 20.   Not great if you ask me. So far in games against division 1 competition, that is considered a good game for him, in comparison to previous games.  Add in that he gets lost on D a lot. when you go empty you on one end, and because you give up an easy one on the other end because you don’t get to where you are suppose to be on helpside defense(for example) isn’t contributing to a plus/minus that is going to look all that great.  

4 hours ago, the green team said:

Moody was 7 for 20.   Not great if you ask me. So far in games against division 1 competition, that is considered a good game for him, in comparison to previous games.  Add in that he gets lost on D a lot. when you go empty you on one end, and because you give up an easy one on the other end because you don’t get to where you are suppose to be on helpside defense(for example) isn’t contributing to a plus/minus that is going to look all that great.  

Even though he was the leading scorer, I bet Moody wasn't ecstatic about his game and feels he should have done/shot better.   I certainly wouldn't say he was in the zone, he missed some shots badly.....air balled one and hit the back board on another.  That said he still did score which was lacking from others, and he'll hopefully improve on defense as get gets more experience.  I think the more he plays and gets comfortable his accuracy will improve.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Even though he was the leading scorer, I bet Moody wasn't ecstatic about his game and feels he should have done/shot better.   I certainly wouldn't say he was in the zone, he missed some shots badly.....air balled one and hit the back board on another.  That said he still did score which was lacking from others, and he'll hopefully improve on defense as get gets more experience.  I think the more he plays and gets comfortable his accuracy will improve.  

I agree with this.  I desperately want to see him take a step.  I think he will.  Rebraca did not have a great game, but I think he will come around too. Definitely need him to.  Maybe, the round about point I was going for initially is that even some of our leading scorer’s will need to continue to lift their games if this team is going to take a step this season.  Who was the player/individual on bench not dressed on Saturday?  New player? He wasnt there at the beginning of the season.

Just now, the green team said:

I agree with this.  I desperately want to see him take a step.  I think he will.  Rebraca did not have a great game, but I think he will come around too. Definitely need him to.  Maybe, the round about point I was going for initially is that even some of our leading scorer’s will need to continue to lift their games if this team is going to take a step this season.  Who was the player/individual on bench not dressed on Saturday?  New player? He wasnt there at the beginning of the season.

That could have been the kid from Williston, he is redshirting for the 2nd half.