SiouxSports.com Forum

Christmas Wish List for 2019

Mama Sue

A return to championship level sports teams at UND. Specifically the men’s basketball, women’s basketball, hockey and football teams. I am talking about year in and year out success.

Success would include meaningful road wins. Avoiding being completely blown out and actually winning close games.

Success also includes beating the teams you should beat. 

Success also means selling out home games.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

A return to championship level sports teams at UND. Specifically the men’s basketball, women’s basketball, hockey and football teams. I am talking about year in and year out success.

Success would include meaningful road wins. Avoiding being completely blown out and actually winning close games.

Success also includes beating the teams you should beat. 

Success also means selling out home games.

I agree with your aim and measures. I will focus on the possible changes to achieve the improvement. 

Hockey should be at a championship level every season with their current level of support and resources. Disappointing to see where they are at. No change needed ... yet. 

Football is next on the list. It is coaching versus facilities for them. How will OC Freund do in his first season in such a role? Next, when will HPC Phase II funding be acquired? These are the two hottest takes on the program that would translate to improvement. 

As for basketball, the Betty is what it is. No facility improvement pending. Coaching is next level of concern. Let's see how everything transpires with conference play as this is the programs' first season as Summit League members. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I agree with your aim and measures. I will focus on the possible changes to achieve the improvement. 

Hockey should be at a championship level every season with their current level of support and resources. Disappointing to see where they are at. No change needed ... yet. 

Football is next on the list. It is coaching versus facilities for them. How will OC Freund do in his first season in such a role? Next, when will HPC Phase II funding be acquired? These are the two hottest takes on the program that would translate to improvement. 

As for basketball, the Betty is what it is. No facility improvement pending. Coaching is next level of concern. Let's see how everything transpires with conference play as this is the programs' first season as Summit League members. 

This is a FB thread. Please take your hockey obsession elsewhere.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

This is a FB thread. Please take your hockey obsession elsewhere.

Did you know that hockey, within this thread, was first mentioned by @SiouxFan100 and not by me?

But why silently acknowledge that when you could derail this thread, right?

Take your "member targeting" elsewhere. According to the NCAA, you should be ejected. 

Merry Christmas

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, northernraider said:

No more let down games in front of large home crowds (If the situation occurs).

They are such momentum killers from a community standpoint. 

Key home losses under Bubba that come to mind (considering UND's chances to win and the potential momentum that a win would've created)

2014 - Montana

2015 - Idaho State

2016 - Richmond

2017 - Montana State 

2018 - Idaho State

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Key home losses under Bubba that come to mind (considering UND's chances to win and the potential momentum that a win would've created)

2014 - Montana

2015 - Idaho State

2016 - Richmond

2017 - Montana State 

2018 - Idaho State

I kinda wanna put the 2018 MS Valley State Game in this category. We won, but it was ugly in front of a near capacity crowd. Should have blown that team out of the water by 45 points

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

I kinda wanna put the 2018 MS Valley State Game in this category. We won, but it was ugly in front of a near capacity crowd. Should have blown that team out of the water by 45 points

And then the second half would start. Should have seen a lot of Boltmann and Zim that day.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, northernraider said:

Wasn’t near capacity if I remember  correctly but it was very ugly to watch

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I’m just worried for all the little boys and girls that Santa won’t be able to deliver tonight with Rudolph back leading the sleigh.  

Just think of how many houses they’re going to miss if every city is a quick three and out. 

Now thats funny!!!!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I’m just worried for all the little boys and girls that Santa won’t be able to deliver tonight with Rudolph back leading the sleigh.  

Just think of how many houses they’re going to miss if every city is a quick three and out. 

Post of the season!!

3 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Santa doesn’t punt. 

And he sure doesn’t run double reverses.