SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Signing Day GDT

geaux_sioux

I always like to hear everyone's overall feel for the class. My initial couple thoughts.

• The closing weeks this staff has had are the strongest on the D-1 era. That's taking into account losing Case. Fort, London (Transfer) and Skokna from all accounts are top end FCS recruits. These three are guys that went to the top of the class.

I do look at other offers as one of the main signs, what I also liked to see overall is after the original recruits committed (all local ND / MN), every recruit from then on out seemed to have at least one competitive offer. As we all know, just because a player committed with no other offers, doesn't mean they didn't receive any after.

What are the thoughts on this recruiting class? Stronger / Weaker than recent years?

1 minute ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Congratulations to all of our new football players. Here's wishing you the best as you follow your dreams. Here's to you helping UND find more success on the field. Thanks for coming!! We look forward to following your career. May you avoid injury and have a great experience both on the field and off in the class room.

Ditto

2 hours ago, AJS said:

I always like to hear everyone's overall feel for the class. My initial couple thoughts.

• The closing weeks this staff has had are the strongest on the D-1 era. That's taking into account losing Case. Fort, London (Transfer) and Skokna from all accounts are top end FCS recruits. These three are guys that went to the top of the class.

I do look at other offers as one of the main signs, what I also liked to see overall is after the original recruits committed (all local ND / MN), every recruit from then on out seemed to have at least one competitive offer. As we all know, just because a player committed with no other offers, doesn't mean they didn't receive any after.

What are the thoughts on this recruiting class? Stronger / Weaker than recent years?

I am disappointed we didn't get some big time Canadian NLI's signed only to have them flake this summer.......NOT!!!

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Agreed we need a HS more than a drop down.

Nah

Give me the more talented player, whether drop down or HS.

A high school kid with no shot to ever play and win does very little for program’s future. If the HS QB is good, then great - sign him. 

We’ll see what materializes. 

• Upvote 1