SiouxSports.com Forum

Hakstol out in Philly

Hakstol, 50, came to the Flyers after 11 seasons at the University of North Dakota. He previously did not have NHL experience. While at UND, Hakstol helped produce many NHL players, including Jonathan Toews and T.J. Oshie. He also coached Hextall's son, Brett.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/25559512/philadelphia-flyers-fire-dave-hakstol-scott-gordon-serve-interim-coach

8 minutes ago, Big Lubowski said:

Philly is a _ _ _ _ hole town for so many reasons. The Flyers couldn’t have handled this any worse if they tried. There’s s reason they suck. Hak should be happy to be out of there. But, otherwise, I love Philadelphia...

Philly is the worst shythole of people and fans on the planet. 

Add to that a team owned now by a corporation.... and comcast at that...

Good Lord just very bottom of the outhouse pit of the sporting world.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Philly is the worst shythole of people and fans on the planet. 

Add to that a team owned now by a corporation.... and comcast at that...

Good Lord just very bottom of the outhouse pit of the sporting world.

Yep. I have relatives who reside in Philly and I visit them every other year. I love them but when comes to sports teams there, the ugliness within Philly residents is real. People who complain about UND fans have never met a Philly sports fan.

3 minutes ago, HawksCrossCountry69 said:

Careful. StoneySioux will call you a troll if you keep talking like that.

HAHAHA that's fantastic! I like this guy, already! :D

GF and I go way back. Don't you dare put yourself in GF's realm. He's a legend here. You've got a lot of work to do and frankly, you're off to a rather weak start "HawksCrossCountry69"

The Hak apologists are out in force....One fact...FACT. ...remains....the,only coach in the modern era of UND ice hockey not to win a natty....

I lived in DC for 4 years....Philly fans are rabid....oft unforgiving....but you, Newbies are too young  to remember the Bobby Clarke/Dave Shultz era of Flyer hockey....a true dynasty....that's where the phrase originated 'it's not over until the fat lady sings' ie. Kate Smith ....

Some of you 'newbies' think hockey originated in the 80's/90"s....should get some historical perspective......you think life 'began with you'...a millennial curse!!!!!!!

• Downvote 6