SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (5-5) vs Mayville (7-2) 12/14 7 pm

SWSiouxMN

17 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I am not that impressed with the on-ball defense from UND tonight

Fully agree about the defense - not good, we can't keep up with their quickness!  Offensively, I hope we learn something from them about moving without the ball and passing the ball quickly.

UND wins 83-66.  It was a tail of two games for me.

On the offensive side of the ball, it was a pretty decent performance.  Seales had it going tonight, Rebraca had a decent game in the paint, Moody was hitting shots in the first half before saddled with foul trouble that limited his time in the 2nd half.  Brown hit some shots late.  Can live with the 41.7% from 3. 

Defensively... not that impressive.  Wish they had crushed them a little more on the boards (41-35 advantage to UND) but more concerning was Mayville making UNDs on-ball defense look terrible.  Too many times Mayville was able to get the angles against the defense in which they could drive and get to the basket, or kick it outside for a open shot.  Either it was them being quick or UND being lazy on defense.  This cannot happen going forward

Congrats to Avants on getting to 1000 career points, hopefully with that out of the way he can play loose for the rest of the year.  Seales should have a good shot of passing it before 2018 is out.

The more I was Rebraca, the more impressed I am.  He still needs to grow in a few areas and that will come with time, but he is the best post player UND has brought in since Brekke.  Put 15-20 pounds on him, expand his range a little, teach him not to block everything, and he will be a 1st teamer in the Summit. 

Moody needs to be a little more consistent in his shooting and not be so streaky, but I love that he is being more aggressive in attacking the rim.   

So who does Marlon replace in the starting lineup: Panoam or Brown?  Thought we would see him tonight, but maybe not until Tuesday. 

Done with the <bleeping> non-d1s... lets see how they can do  against a Marquette squad that has beaten 2 ranked teams already this year and a UNI squad that is around .500 before Summit play starts. 

4 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

why doesn't jal, marko, or brooks play...at all?

I'm not sure about Brooks, I figured he would have gotten more run.

Marko just doesn't look ready, he really needed to redshirt.  The game is just way too fast for him right now.  I could have sworn that he came in at 17 years old. I think he will eventually turn into a nice player who can stretch the defense. 

Jal... I guess he is still too raw to be out there consistently.  I'd like to see him get minutes.