SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. DU

runaroundsioux

13 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

https://letsgodu.com/2018/12/03/north-dakota-series-goes-to-the-dogs/ 

Not up to their usual derogatory  standard, but not bad.

I find these juvenile, silly, and completely comical.  We need more of this.  Have to love this rivalry (8 vs. 8) and can’t wait to be at The Ralph Saturday night. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GoalieMask said:

I find these juvenile, silly, and completely comical.  We need more of this.  Have to love this rivalry (8 vs. 8) and can’t wait to be at The Ralph Saturday night. 

Normally these are really funny and/or entertaining, this one was neither lol. 

• Upvote 1

It'll be interesting to see how this team is health wise this weekend. I don't care how they get it done right now, just scratch and claw your way to a split going into the break. Couple things, Scheel gets both games this weekend regardless, make sure they are mentally tough. Even with the injury situation / forward talent issue overall, if this team plays structured (see Minnesota - Miami stretch) and doesn't get frustrated or try to do too much, they are tough to play against.

Just split.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AJS said:

It'll be interesting to see how this team is health wise this weekend. I don't care how they get it done right now, just scratch and claw your way to a split going into the break. Couple things, Scheel gets both games this weekend regardless, make sure they are mentally tough. Even with the injury situation / forward talent issue overall, if this team plays structured (see Minnesota - Miami stretch) and doesn't get frustrated or try to do too much, they are tough to play against.

Just split.

Depending on who we have back this weekend, I would hope the team thinks they can sweep this series, and having to go to Denver the second half, it certainly would help going forward.  Denver split with Duluth in Denver, but Duluth outshot them 38-14 in a 2-0 loss, then 45-29 in their comeback win on Saturday. Denver doesn't have Borgstrom, Terry and Gambrell anymore, so it is time to take advantage of a young team, and hopefully their stud goalie has a few nerves playing in the Ralph, although it has been a place for goalies to get back on track lately.   A split certainly wouldn't kill us, but even a win and a tie would do wonders for us in the league.  

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I really like the confidence from this bunch, but it makes me wonder if we've been watching different teams.

The confidence seems to come and go, depending on whether they take a lead or not, or are not rewarded for constant pressure. 

15 minutes ago, tnt said:

The confidence seems to come and go, depending on whether they take a lead or not, or are not rewarded for constant pressure. 

Should have clarified, I meant the people who were predicting a UND sweep.

2 hours ago, AJS said:

I really like the confidence from this bunch, but it makes me wonder if we've been watching different teams.

Based on this team's highs... it's easy to say we can sweep DU at home. 

Based on this team's lows... it's easy to say we can get swept by DU at home.

:D

Split.

10 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Normally these are really funny and/or entertaining, this one was neither lol. 

I read it too and told the author it wasn't funny. I miss the old blog posts from Damien Goddard, now that guy was funny. 

8 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

Berry didn't rule Jones out yesterday in the Wed. presser. Said he has been skating this week.

My sources tell me as long as Gooch doesn't pitch fork Jones in the nuts he's good to go.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

My sources tell me as long as Gooch doesn't pitch fork Jones in the nuts he's good to go.

Cup checks are a staple of the DU series. What's even more entertaining is the Urban Dictionary has this beauty

1. The procedure used to verify the appropriate installation of protective atheletic gear for the groin commonly known as a "cup". The procedure may include using whatever sports equipment to administer the check in a rapid swinging motion.

• Upvote 1