Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Langster019

UND @ UMD GAMEDAY

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, franchise said:

Now stop with this rotating goalie BS!

I’m old enough to remember the fans here calling for Thome to start and for Johnson to ride the pine...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Just going off what I heard the officials really cost Duluth this one.  Normally the NCHC officiating events out, but Duluth playing a man down from chintzy calls was the difference.  Leaving your feet to make head contact is a good hockey play, and its unfortunate hits like that are called this day in age.  

I'm stupid to begin with, but listening to those clowns call a game cost me more brain cells. 

I might listen to Bruce next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SiouxScore said:

Heck of a bounce back effort tonight. Thought they did a much better job of taking away time and space but the biggest difference was they played a lot harder tonight. Guys made some of the tough plays and battled through contact to get to where they were supposed to be instead of giving up an opportunity because you didn't work through contact. They got a couple of skilled guys to finish on a couple of chances but still left a ton on the ice. The powerplay was terrible and I think with the way the roster is right now it would be best to go to a more simplified powerplay where you just try to get a couple guys like Gardner and Smith in front of the net and work for point shots for JBD and Poolman. Very frustrating to not be able to add another goal with all the opportunities but this roster isn't changing anytime soon which likely means the finishing ability isn't gonna change either. This team is going to have to find different ways to win. Like playing tough physical defensive hockey. I wasn't a huge fan of giving Thome the start last night and after tonight I hope Berry has figured out he needs to ride Scheel for a while. He is capable of stealing a game here or there.

For me, especially against a team like Duluth, Thome plays out of position way too often, which can be deadly with Duluth's cross ice passes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Lack  of discipline , poor power play what next. Berry has zero control , looks like the head coach in the water boy,hide on the bench it might get better. This game ends up 6-2 UMD.

Another great comment and prediction.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Gosh, Berry is the best coach in UND history!

in all seriousness, we had one bad period this weekend, but it was terrible.

overall the split is good and hopefully it tuned the boys up for Denver. If you can split against DU or somehow steal a sweep, we are in a much different place.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda missed Hennessey’s comment at the beginning of the post game show. He said someone tweeted a derogatory remark equating UND to a squirt team that was practicing on the ice earlier. Does anyone know who for Duluth made that tweet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I’m old enough to remember the fans here calling for Thome to start and for Johnson to ride the pine...

I think it's past your bedtime old man. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, omahasioux1 said:

I might listen to Bruce next time.

Wooo....okay.....hah....easy now....  Dont jump into a bonfire when the other option is off a cliff....

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Up by a goal after one, can we extend Berry’s contract before the second period starts? Jk

Great win  and great coaching job by Berry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

I kinda missed Hennessey’s comment at the beginning of the post game show. He said someone tweeted a derogatory remark equating UND to a squirt team that was practicing on the ice earlier. Does anyone know who for Duluth made that tweet? 

@Godsmack The Duluth TV guy Tweeted about the youth team that was on the ice before the game, and he said it was the UND hockey team for their morning skate. Apparently, he deleted the tweet, but word got back to the team. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I kinda missed Hennessey’s comment at the beginning of the post game show. He said someone tweeted a derogatory remark equating UND to a squirt team that was practicing on the ice earlier. Does anyone know who for Duluth made that tweet? 

He said it one of the TV guys.  Not sure who.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Silver lining alert -- UND has won 2 of the last 3 games against UMD. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Goon said:

@Godsmack The Duluth TV guy Tweeted about the youth team that was on the ice before the game, and he said it was the UND hockey team for their morning skate. Apparently, he deleted the tweet, but word got back to the team. 

Not hard to believe, those girls should be fired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, omahasioux1 said:

Not hard to believe, those girls should be fired.

My ears are bleeding after listening to them for two night's They're horrendous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Just going off what I heard the officials really cost Duluth this one.  Normally the NCHC officiating events out, but Duluth playing a man down from chintzy calls was the difference.  Leaving your feet to make head contact is a good hockey play, and its unfortunate hits like that are called this day in age.  

I'm stupid to begin with, but listening to those clowns call a game cost me more brain cells. 

You would think that someone who played the game at that level, Medak, would have a little objectivity, but some of the whining made it seem like he was a rookie fan of a team that only views things one way.  If he was a fan of UND, I would expect him to say that Kawaguchi was only trying to help the guy adjust his cup!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird game to watch,  pp is beyond terrible.  But we won.  That’s all that matters.  A split is all we needed.  On to next week.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, scpa0305 said:

Weird game to watch,  pp is beyond terrible.  But we won.  That’s all that matters.  A split is all we needed.  On to next week.

With Guch getting tossed tonight, UND was down like three or four of their top players. I'll take it. The remaining players were the not so prolific players we were discussing last night. I thought it was a character win this weekend. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Goon said:

With Guch getting tossed tonight, UND was down like three or four of their top players. I'll take it. The remaining players were the not so prolific players we were discussing last night. I thought it was a character win this weekend. 

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Love that SiouxSports plays such a big part of the college hockey lexicon. 

Did Ole breakdown tonight's game thread in his post game analysis?

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Goon said:

My ears are bleeding after listening to them for two night's They're horrendous. 

A total clown show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...