Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MoSiouxFan

ND High School Hockey 2018-19

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ajries18 said:

They just beat Fargo North-South-Shanley-Oak Grove. How can Fargo allow that?

Cause there's Davies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

It's embarrassing that the community of Bismarck allows that.

curious as to the numbers of girls in the programs for these towns... Does Bismarck have mor girls in hockey than any of these other cities that also coop multiple highschools?...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Cause there's Davies

Fargo also has 50,000 more people than Bismarck. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

curious as to the numbers of girls in the programs for these towns... Does Bismarck have mor girls in hockey than any of these other cities that also coop multiple highschools?...

 

They have a JV team and a U19 team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

North South varsity break down

8 North

7 South

4 Shanley

1 Oak Grove

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

North South varsity break down

8 North

7 South

4 Shanley

1 Oak Grove

I’m sure they try to even it out — hard to justify a “co-op” if 13 girls belong to South.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Can't seem to find the boys game on tv?  score?

 

1-0 Central 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Central wins it 3-1. Finish 25-0. They haven’t lost to a ND team in 3 calendar years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

Any idea of what the attendance was? 

No clue but it wasn’t great 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to the Davies parents......despite your actions......you still lost......you lost a good coach.....and you set a horrible example for your kids.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Congrats to the Davies parents......despite your actions......you still lost......you lost a good coach.....and you set a horrible example for your kids.

Or the parents will see this as a win.

"Hey we got to the championship game, and came close to beating an unbeatable team! Thankful for the new coach. Wouldn't be nearly as good with old coach!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Observations:

Central good.

Scheels is damn near the perfect place for these games.

That being said there is NO reason these crowds couldnt fit in some other arenas too. The new addition to Maysa would fit this tourney very adequately as well as offer additional rink to host the girls at the same time. Time this tourney visits western ND.

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Or the parents will see this as a win.

"Hey we got to the championship game, and came close to beating an unbeatable team! Thankful for the new coach. Wouldn't be nearly as good with old coach!"

Possible, but Davies making the title game wasn't really any upset.  Davies only losing by 2 was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Observations:

Central good.

Scheels is damn near the perfect place for these games.

That being said there is NO reason these crowds couldnt fit in some other arenas too. The new addition to Maysa would fit this tourney very adequately as well as offer additional rink to host the girls at the same time. Time this tourney visits western ND.

 

With the dwindling attendance why not try it?  Matt Malm during a coaches meeting one year recommended moving the boys tournament to Minot (All Seasons Arena) when there was issues with scheduling the girls and boys in GF.

Scheels arena is a great place to host.  Actually seemed like some atmosphere last night.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peluso and entire Bismarck staff quit basically citing the climate of overbearing hockey parents, soft kids, and administrators that don't have the backbone to stand up for coaches.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kxnet.com/amp/sports/bismarck-dickinson-sports/demons-head-coach-steps-down-following-fargo-davies-and-grand-forks-red-river-coaches-quitting/1804715266

Very sad.  As a player and as a coach he single handedly put Bismarck hockey on the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Peluso and entire Bismarck staff quit basically citing the climate of overbearing hockey parents, soft kids, and administrators that don't have the backbone to stand up for coaches.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kxnet.com/amp/sports/bismarck-dickinson-sports/demons-head-coach-steps-down-following-fargo-davies-and-grand-forks-red-river-coaches-quitting/1804715266

Very sad.  As a player and as a coach he single handedly put Bismarck hockey on the map.

I think he is probably doing the right thing, most school administrator's will just give the loudest parents anything they want for them to go away.   This isn't just coaching but often in the classroom as well.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...