SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 2018-19

MoSiouxFan

6 hours ago, petey23 said:

Well Grand Forks Bantams did finish ranked in top 2 the last 2 seasons for Minnesota Bantams...I realize that includes Red River and Central but I believe a good majority of the kids on the AA team we're from GFC

Yeah agreed.  I honestly think GF should create one Tier 1 team to keep competition high.  It worked for bantams and it will work for HS aged kids.  You keep the HS teams the same as the kids who don't make the Tier 1 team will still probably win the state tourney.  They will also compete with the Sioux Falls Power....who will start plucking GF/Fargo kids left and right (they already have taken top talent).  Keep kids under 18 at home.

3 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

No, better. Several players have went to junior.  Caulfield to NTDP, Kunz to Shattuck, multiple players to the Power (i.e, Montgomery, etc.).

You'll have to explain it to me better.

Caulfield and Kunz don't play for Central anymore, correct? And that in turn made Central better?

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

They lost ten underclass man to aaa juniors and midgets last year

just think if gf hockey held on to them

wow does gf hockey rule 

HAHAA....is it just me, or when you read gfhockey's posts do you read them in your head just a little "slower" than other people's posts?  gfhockey is the Kauker and Gretzky of SiouxSports.com!

Since I believe all but a few of Central's players actually reside in the Red River district, I have a question--could Central even field a competitive team if Grand Forks discontinued its in-district transfer policy and didn't adjust the school boundaries? I am not trying to be flippant, as I am a Central grad and my daughter attends Central right now. I'm just curious whether it's common knowledge outside the Grand Forks hockey community that things could change very quickly with one policy change.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND92,96 said:

Since I believe all but a few of Central's players actually reside in the Red River district, I have a question--could Central even field a competitive team if Grand Forks discontinued its in-district transfer policy and didn't adjust the school boundaries? I am not trying to be flippant, as I am a Central grad and my daughter attends Central right now. I'm just curious whether it's common knowledge outside the Grand Forks hockey community that things could change very quickly with one policy change.

I think there are four kids on Central's team that live in the Central district. If not for the transfer policy this conversation would be about RR going for another undefeated season. The question is why are so many kids going to Central rather than RR when they live in the RR district?

7 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I think there are four kids on Central's team that live in the Central district. If not for the transfer policy this conversation would be about RR going for another undefeated season. The question is why are so many kids going to Central rather than RR when they live in the RR district?

Because Red River sucks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

How many of the kids on their varsity team actually grew up in Edina? 50%? Less than that 

Actually quite a bit.  Also, Edina kids make up BSM, St Thomas academy, Blake, AHA, and a bunch of other schools. It's actually quite impressive.

Edina's JV team could be 2-3 in ND. I watched them last week and was blown away.

18 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

https://www.mnhockeyhub.com/rankings

Orono still at #7 in 1A.  Either nobody paying attention, or mad respect for the GFC program.  

Rankings are accurate. They know the caliber of GFC. 

Losing everyone or not, Orono was the state champ last year and should reload decently just like any other hockey school good enough to have a championship does. And even more so on top of that, it wasn’t a 1 or 2 goal win for GFC...it was an absolute blow out shut out. 

4 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

And on top of that ranking- losing everyone or not, they were state champs last year and should reload decently just like any other hockey school good enough to have a championship team every year. And even more so on top of that, it wasn’t a 1 or 2 goal win for GFC...it was an absolute blow out shut out. 

Would love to see what they could do vs. Minnetonka, but will have to settle for two against EGF, which won't be too shabby of games either.  

On 12/6/2018 at 1:26 PM, geaux_sioux said:

The school has an elitist clique culture. There’s a reason I and a lot of my friends transferred into the Central district for Highschool.

Wow. Are you going to transfer companies or get a new job when you face some adversity or an elitist clique in some other environment? Just asking. 

It’s high school. Who gives a sh^t. That elitist culture (regardless of Red River) occurs way more at colleges, your professional network, companies/jobs etc. on golf courses, hockey rinks, the grocery store you shop at. The coffee place you frequently attend, gym membership etc.  

Seem soft. I don’t understand. Tell me more. 

6 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Wow. Are you going to transfer companies or get a new job when you face some adversity or an elitist clique in some other environment? Just asking. 

It’s high school. Who gives a sh^t. That elitist culture (regardless of Red River) occurs way more at colleges, your professional network, companies/jobs etc. on golf courses, hockey rinks, the grocery store you shop at. The coffee place you frequently attend, gym membership etc.  

......nope......pretty sure it’s just RR

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

If you asked people in my life to describe me, one word that would never come up is soft. I just have a low tolerance for douchbag assholes.

• Upvote 1

On 12/6/2018 at 1:26 PM, geaux_sioux said:

The school has an elitist clique culture. There’s a reason I and a lot of my friends transferred into the Central district for Highschool.

I dated a Red River grad.  Wonderful human being, nice girl, etc., until you brought up that her brothers decided to go to Central.

• 4 weeks later...