SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 2018-19

MoSiouxFan

12 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I smell 15 undefeated state championship seasons for Grafton playing in that A level. 

I just put them there to be with schools with similar attendance.  Someone already said it, but they'd probably play in the AA you would think. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I just put them there to be with schools with similar attendance.  Someone already said it, but they'd probably play in the AA you would think. 

Grafton co-ops with Park River and Minto now correct?  Assume that that co-op is needed to even have the numbers to compete against AA schools.  That co-op would probably dissolve into two teams if there was aa “A” level, but could be wrong.

Just listed to the Bismarck (ex) coach interview on the radio, very strong opinion that the problem is in Valley City.

I am a North Dakota native and recently moved back to Home after 30 some years away.

I went into that valley city office and asked a question about region 1-8 in class B basketball why can’t they be called like the old days Badlands, Turtle Mts, Red River, Oilwell conference ‘s and need 4 more names. that would be easy you get my point.

They kind just laughed at me for that suggestion. Out of state folks don’t really have a clue where region 6 is.?

I agree with the fine you g hockey coach the problems is in The Valley city office

Hockey "classes" cant be based off of school attendence. 

The needed hockey division needs to be based off of youth program numbers, projections, and retention percentages.

Hockey is a different animal, no matter what the high school attendence is, you cant just pull kids into joining the hockey team.  

6 hours ago, Bajadanny said:

Just listed to the Bismarck (ex) coach interview on the radio, very strong opinion that the problem is in Valley City.

I am a North Dakota native and recently moved back to Home after 30 some years away.

I went into that valley city office and asked a question about region 1-8 in class B basketball why can’t they be called like the old days Badlands, Turtle Mts, Red River, Oilwell conference ‘s and need 4 more names. that would be easy you get my point.

They kind just laughed at me for that suggestion. Out of state folks don’t really have a clue where region 6 is.?

I agree with the fine you g hockey coach the problems is in The Valley city office

Definitely shocked they laughed at you.

7 hours ago, Bajadanny said:

1. The Tall Towers Conference is dead. Sorry you missed the wake. 
2. Changing the names will solve declining population and changing demographics (fewer kids)? 

C'mon man. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, ChadR said:

Any news who Ryan Ladouceur's assistant coaches will be at RR?

Also is he back working at the Ralph Hockey Academy for his FT job?

Jaksen Panzer will be playing for EGF next season.

I know for a fact that he is registered at Central.  So I don't think this is true.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...