SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 2018-19

MoSiouxFan

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Some ADs and principal's don't have the cajones to handle these situations properly.  I should say most ADs and principal's don't....

They hand the kids evaluation forms which they are afraid to fill out honestly if they are underclassmen or have any relatives coming up behind them. Then the A.D.'s say well he gets positive reviews from his players.

On 2/12/2019 at 1:36 PM, Wilbur said:

... got into officiating to help our youth program.....parents terrible.....

< looks down bar at Wilber >
< makes knowing eye contact, nods >
< looks at bartender, has another of what he's drinking sent Wilber's way > 

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Some ADs and principal's don't have the cajones to handle these situations properly.  I should say most ADs and principal's don't....

Too many of today's principals are 'educated' (have that advanced degree), but never came through the teaching ranks. Too much soft and cuddle love them mindset, and not enough expectations based outcomes. 

If I sat on a school board I'd require 10 years in the classroom to be even considered for a principal position. 

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Too many of today's principals are 'educated' (have that advanced degree), but never came through the teaching ranks. Too much soft and cuddle love them mindset, and not enough expectations based outcomes. 

If I sat on a school board I'd require 10 years in the classroom to be even considered for a principal position. 

"Did you talk to the coach yet about your issues?"  .......................silence.  Rinse, repeat.

On 2/15/2019 at 9:09 AM, The Sicatoka said:

< looks down bar at Wilber >
< makes knowing eye contact, nods >
< looks at bartender, has another of what he's drinking sent Wilber's way > 

Loved officiating too.  Was a year away from doing some local club hockey lines.  The worst part was parents coming up to me after the games questioning the rules and me having to explain that USA hockey makes the rules and we abide by them.  

After a while I just got the officiating rule book AP USA hockey created and would pull up the rule so they could see it.