SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 2018-19

MoSiouxFan

43 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Colorful language is fine and understandable. Calling your players regards and fags is another thing entirely. I’m as far from pc as you can get but if a coach had ever talked to me like that there would have been a physical altercation.  

No, there wouldn't have been. Thats big talk but, No.

I'd say if you played youth sports up through and beyond HS prior to 2000, you have heard talk like this on many occassions.

I played in dozens of organizations and teams, in many sports, some coaches were funny about it their smack talk, some coaches would make Jimmy Duggins coach blush, all coaches were colorfully eloquent with their oration.

Those times are gone now as far as acceptable, for the better, the things purported are 10000% unacceptable now, not saying it was right at any time, but it was definitely "acceptable" back in the day, and you wouldnt have fought the coach over it.

45 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I'd say if you played youth sports up through and beyond HS prior to 2000, you have heard talk like this on many occassions.

I played in dozens of organizations and teams, in many sports, some coaches were funny about it their smack talk, some coaches would make Jimmy Duggins coach blush, all coaches were colorfully eloquent with their oration.

Those times are gone now as far as acceptable, for the better, the things purported are 10000% unacceptable now, not saying it was right at any time, but it was definitely "acceptable" back in the day, and you wouldnt have fought the coach over it.

That’s funny. You know me better than I do? I played for coach Berg. He followed the John Wooden model of no swearing. He didn’t need to. He could cut to your soul and motivate you to do anything with a glance.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

That’s funny. You know me better than I do? I played for coach Berg. He followed the John Wooden model of no swearing. He didn’t need to. He could cut to your soul and motivate you to do anything with a glance.

No, I'm calling out your tough guy bullcrap about physically assaulting a coach if he said a naughty word to you. 

29 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

You don’t know me. You haven’t called out !@#$. Nothing but empty assumptions.

6 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’m as far from pc as you can get but if a coach had ever talked to me like that there would have been a physical altercation.  

Yup, im going to go right ahead and keep calling you out for such an entry in the #iamverybadass circle of winner comments.

No assumptions, you keyboard warriored claiming you'd have a physical altercation with a potty mouthed coach.

Btw....  Never. Is the exact time when a physical altercation with a naughty word saying coach would be acceptable behavior. Never, not ever.  

This would be an embarrassing,  troubling and prosecuted example of the worst of the worst of youth sports behavior.

Just maybe say, .....

"yeeeaaaah poor choice of words to express my disagreement with what a coach allegedly said to his team"

signed............ .#calmdownfrancis

7 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Yup, im going to go right ahead and keep calling you out for such an entry in the #iamverybadass circle of winner comments.

No assumptions, you keyboard warriored claiming you'd have a physical altercation with a potty mouthed coach.

Btw....  Never. Is the exact time when a physical altercation with a naughty word saying coach would be acceptable behavior. Never, not ever.  

This would be an embarrassing,  troubling and prosecuted example of the worst of the worst of youth sports behavior.

Just maybe say, .....

"yeeeaaaah poor choice of words to express my disagreement with what a coach allegedly said to his team"

signed............ .#calmdownfrancis

Nope

15 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Colorful language is fine and understandable. Calling your players regards and fags is another thing entirely. I’m as far from pc as you can get but if a coach had ever talked to me like that there would have been a physical altercation.  

Sure there would have .........lol.:wink:

19 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

The wussification of a once great country continues. 

2 hours ago, TheFlop said:

So Chase has stolen the limelight the last couple days, but what's the real story behind the Fargo Davies coach quitting weeks before the end of the season?

From what I’ve gathered is the administration had the parents backs but not the coaches. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, sioux rube said:

From what I’ve gathered is the administration had the parents backs but not the coaches. 

That is really sad.  You are always gonna have those one or two parents on any team that cause friction......I think coaches expect it.  But when it gets to this level it's a sad deal and the saddest deal is the jerk parents that caused it are oblivious to how big of jerks they really are. 

• Upvote 1