SiouxSports.com Forum

Heading to Du Loooth 4 A run in with Sandelin's boys!

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

A coaches battle between two past UND hockey players who make it onto the elite ice.

This series may be a big home ice advantage by looking at recent results, but then again, going back a few years and the opposite was true.

UND just missed the playoffs and Duluth just got in and then hit the home run.

Both teams have played up and down, with some serious struggling, but both should be in the playoff hunt by seasons end.

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

A coaches battle between two past UND hockey players who make it onto the elite ice.

Both teams have played up and down, with some serious struggling, but both should be in the playoff hunt by seasons end.

Please elaborate, as UMD currently stands at 9-2-1 record-wise and is outscoring opponents at a 41-24 clip thus far (and 7 of those 24 goals against were scored by the Gophers in a single game on October 7th).    

19 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Please elaborate, as UMD currently stands at 9-2-1 record-wise and is outscoring opponents at a 41-24 clip thus far (and 7 of those 24 goals against were scored by the Gophers in a single game on October 7th).    

Bulldogs lost and tied /MN & lost & W in OT / Denver.

Hoping we can play with them this weekend and get W's. I did note this game might be a huge advantage for the home team. 

1 minute ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I haven’t been to a game in Duluth. Is the attendance really that bad? Doesn’t that barn only hold like around 5,000?

seem to remember alot of empty dried piss and bloody stool colored open seats... 

Although they may be lining up in droves in hopes of kickin ol'Nort Dakotah when were down

25 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Again, a loss AT Minnesota and a loss AT Denver isn't exactly "serious struggling" when you have 9 wins and those are your only 2 losses.

Swept by WMU at home.

Struggling in this comparison is apples to oranges.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Swept by WMU at home.

Struggling in this comparison is apples to oranges.

Struggling: A 3-goal third period rally to avoid a home split against the worst team in the country.  Struggling.  Here's what Broadway Joe has to say about it.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

This series may be a big home ice advantage by looking at recent results, but then again, going back a few years and the opposite was true.

UND just missed the playoffs and Duluth just got in and then hit the home run.

How dare you categorize something incorrectly?! HOW. DARE YOU!?

Man, ya'll gots ta take a Xanax or something lol.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Kip Viau said:

I know that this question should be under a new topic, but...after today’s article by Schlossman, what are the chances of Smaby replacing Shaw after this season? 

If Smaby has been identified as a future standout coach, Berry and Chaves should see that it happens, or at least put in a good word for him at a WCHA school.

3 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I haven’t been to a game in Duluth. Is the attendance really that bad? Doesn’t that barn only hold like around 5,000?

I’d bet half of the arena will be green. I went to a series there 6 seasons ago and there was a lot of UND fans. Home of the Sioux boomed through the arena. 

49 minutes ago, Kip Viau said:

I know that this question should be under a new topic, but...after today’s article by Schlossman, what are the chances of Smaby replacing Shaw after this season? 

You do realize that Shaw has coached at a very high level? In fact, all of UND’s coaches have coach in the AHL or NHL. I’ll predict with great confidence, Shaw isn’t going anywhere. After Friday’s game one of the players whom I forgotten mentioned Shaw’s work on the reason the PP is now clicking along. 

25 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

If Smaby has been identified as a future standout coach, Berry and Chaves should see that it happens, or at least put in a good word for him at a WCHA school.

I was told that Smaby was the front-runner to head the Williston State College program when they go D1 across-the-board in 2021...

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I was told that Smaby was the front-runner to head the Williston State College program when they go D1 across-the-board in 2021...

Since a JC needs to be to a four year college and spend several years in DII prior to DI, that’s not even a good rumor to spread.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

The power play has been streaky for many years, long before Shaw arrived. Even the national championship team had less than 20% conversion on the PP. 

At this point I’m more concerned about the penalty kill. 

It’s currently ranked 48th.