SiouxSports.com Forum

WR and OL Coaches

FlinFlan80

I'm guessing Danny will try to plug in someone who fits his mold, Energetic, younger, and knows his guys that he has in that room will respect and play hard for. Probably won't be getting someone with D1 experience if you ask me, but that doesn't mean they won't be a good coach.

Most are hyperventilating over new blood and DI experience with all hires.  What DI position coach is looking for a lateral move??  We are looking at FBS/FCS grad assistants or DII or DIII guys, or someone that recently played at a high level with no coaching experience.  A WR coach can be a young and inexperienced guy, backed by playing experience, my 2 cents.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Most are hyperventilating over new blood and DI experience with all hires.  What DI position coach is looking for a lateral move??  We are looking at FBS/FCS grad assistants or DII or DIII guys, or someone that recently played at a high level with no coaching experience.  A WR coach can be a young and inexperienced guy, backed by playing experience, my 2 cents.

Would Hardin come back? Otherwise I think you're right.   

34 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

A guy looking to change phases of his football career, say from playing to coaching. Interesting. There's this guy coming off of a 2-year deal right now after 10 in the league. I wonder ... 

• Upvote 2