Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Attendance


SiouxFan100
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Looks like there's going to have to be a huge walkup crowd to even break 10K..

Maybe give away a bunch of tickets during the parade tomorrow? 

The weather looks great tomorrow but getting close to 10K will be a big stretch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bincitysioux said:

The wife and I were so bummed as we drove toward the Alerus and saw waves of students walking north back toward campus about an hour before kickoff.  Obviously they had been there for the tailgate, but took off as people started filing n for the game.

yep...the tailgating might be too much for some...the people LEAVING ten minutes before the game has even started is crazy. there are tons of people walking back to campus half drunk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Getting clowned last week didn't help.  If UND had kept it close or won I bet the Alerus would've been full today.

You are right on this. Hard to recruit the freshman losing a big game like that. Sad thing is many of those tailgaters leave or would have to go into the arena and sobered up. Tailgating at half might help/ create a huge drunken !@#$ show 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:22 PM, bincitysioux said:

Two underwhelming seasons in 2017 and 2018.  

It's more than just that.  In 2016 we played NAU the last game of the season.  UND was currently 8-2, and 7-0 in Big Sky play.  We were playing for at least a share of the Big Sky title.  This team was great and was guaranteed to be in the playoffs.  A win would get us a Conference Championship and potentially a bye (which it did) in the FCS playoffs.  Even with all that going on, the announced attendance for that game was 9,049.  If that game doesn't get people in the seats, I am wondering what will.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:13 PM, bincitysioux said:

The wife and I were so bummed as we drove toward the Alerus and saw waves of students walking north back toward campus about an hour before kickoff.  Obviously they had been there for the tailgate, but took off as people started filing n for the game.

If students aren't going to games, get rid of their prime seats at the 50 yard line.  With UND moving to the MVFC next year, there are plenty of fans that would gladly purchase season tickets in those sections.  It's time.  Move them to end sections and sell those price seats to people that are actually going to show up. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

It's more than just that.  In 2016 we played NAU the last game of the season.  UND was currently 8-2, and 7-0 in Big Sky play.  We were playing for at least a share of the Big Sky title.  This team was great and was guaranteed to be in the playoffs.  A win would get us a Conference Championship and potentially a bye (which it did) in the FCS playoffs.  Even with all that going on, the announced attendance for that game was 9,049.  If that game doesn't get people in the seats, I am wondering what will.

If students aren't going to games, get rid of their prime seats at the 50 yard line.  With UND moving to the MVFC next year, there are plenty of fans that would gladly purchase season tickets in those sections.  It's time.  Move them to end sections and sell those price seats to people that are actually going to show up. 

Agreed, that section needs to be opened up for season  tickets like yesterday.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

For those wanting to take the students' seats, do the students then get to reduce their fees? 

That is a valid question. If the actual number of seats available to them is reduced then yes. Currently they are not showing up so shifting them over does not seem to be an issue. Credit is due to the ones that did show up as they were small in numbers but very loud when they needed to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

For those wanting to take the students' seats, do the students then get to reduce their fees? 

Is there a breakdown of student fees that designates x number of dollars towards football seats?    

Reducing fees by the difference in value of midfield seats vs end seats would seem to be an equitable solution.  

(I don’t mean dollar for dollar reduction; but rather some percentage break down based on the fraction of their student fees based on football seats)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...