Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
UNDBIZ

2019 Season

Recommended Posts

I just have a strange feeling that if we made the playoffs, they would set us up to go to Brookings in the second round. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

I just have a strange feeling that if we made the playoffs, they would set us up to go to Brookings in the second round. 

With regionalization, we're going to be on the road in round 2, most likely at one of the SUs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SiouxBoys said:

I just have a strange feeling that if we made the playoffs, they would set us up to go to Brookings in the second round. 

i will take that right now.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

I just have a strange feeling that if we made the playoffs, they would set us up to go to Brookings in the second round. 

SDSU loses today and there is a chance we play round 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

This team is top ten.  Better than the 2015 team the was screwed out of playoffs.  Playoffs and at least one win could be two.  Real love NDSU 2 ND round.  Offense is much better defense much better. Bennett and Turner back. Love it

Your record is 5-4? And you are claiming to be a top ten team? Time to dial it back just a little bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Texas rancher said:

Your record is 5-4? And you are claiming to be a top ten team? Time to dial it back just a little bit.

Speed dial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 11:39 AM, Siouxperman8 said:

McKinney.The film don't lie l know what l saw you can't teach that. Fast Explosive quick and tough. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, RobThomas said:

 

Hopefully the monkey is off his back now and he can make good on his potential. Waited a long time to finally see him get to the second level and he didn’t disappoint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Hopefully the monkey is off his back now and he can make good on his potential. Waited a long time to finally see him get to the second level and he didn’t disappoint.5

6 total running plays and 1 reception 13 yards. McKinney had over 200 plus yards Offensive work with 7 combined touches and a TD. That is not bad coming out or coming back game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last weekend coming up and what a weird year, I've never seen anything like it. What I mean is we've seen the offense / defense / special teams be spectacular at separate points in the season, but also borderline unwatchable at other points. It's not only the consistency of the units, but they've never really played close to a complete game, where they are clicking in all three facets at the same time. I still believe that if they do, they can beat almost anyone in the country. Really hope they can find their way into the playoff field. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want Maine, UT-Martin, Towson, Albany, Citadel, and Nichols to lose.

Shannon Schweigert predicts SIU at UND with the winner heading to Fargo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, what's the love for Maine? Yeah, they've won 4 straight, but their best win is Albany. Just beat 2-9 Rhode Island by 4 after coming back in the 4th quarter at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SkoHawks said:

Seriously, what's the love for Maine? Yeah, they've won 4 straight, but their best win is Albany. Just beat 2-9 Rhode Island by 4 after coming back in the 4th quarter at home.

They're not UND.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

They're not UND.

Too true. We need to get in the playoffs and win a couple games so we can start getting the benefit of the doubt in this scenario and for getting love in early season polls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to believe the use of any computer ranking system will be beneficial for UND's chances this year.

This guy is also a big fan of quality losses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I have to believe the use of any computer ranking system will be beneficial for UND's chances this year.

This guy is also a big fan of quality losses.

Well, UND has a top 20 SOS, will have 7 FCS wins if the win on Saturday, and has two pretty good "quality loses" @NDSU and @Weber.  I think we are right in his wheel house!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

STATS: Last year, three teams earned at-large bids with only six Division I wins. Does the committee still prefer seven, and is that even more so in a 12-game regular season?

Greg Seitz: Obviously, FCS wins are important. When we look at those FCS wins, I think it will definitely be very tough this year for a six-win team to get in because so many schools had the opportunity to play the 12th game.

 

Interesting.
Sure won't make folks in Cheney, WA, very happy. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Want Maine, UT-Martin, Towson, Albany, Citadel, and Nichols to lose.

Shannon Schweigert predicts SIU at UND with the winner heading to Fargo.

Well, the clinching and fretting begins ... now. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

I have to believe the use of any computer ranking system will be beneficial for UND's chances this year.

This guy is also a big fan of quality losses.


Have you checked the FCS SRS rankings?

 

UND is #38

 

It’s a long climb to the top 20 against #106, even if you step on their throat.

 

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/simple-ratings-system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zonadub said:


Have you checked the FCS SRS rankings?

 

UND is #38

 

It’s a long climb to the top 20 against #106, even if you step on their throat.

 

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/simple-ratings-system

That is 2018 SRS rankings.  You had me worried for a minute and then saw that E Wash was #4 and figured there was a problem.

FCS Coaches PollSTATS FCS Top 25Simple Ratings System
Through Games NOV. 18, 2018

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...