Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
UNDBIZ

2019 Season

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Assuming we don't land an FBS dropdown at QB, I would think next year it will be Grover's team. I haven't seen him play at all but it seems there has been positive reports around him.

No question about it, you will need to bring in a transfer QB whether it be a FBS drop down or juco. After this year you only have Grover, Shuster and I suspect a 2020 recruit. Thats an awful amount of inexperience for the most important position on the team.  You would then expect Grover and the transfer to battle it out for the starting job.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@siouxfan512 I've had the same thoughts, as I'm always looking a few years down the road at all positions. Looking at the roster this year, a couple positions are going to be hit hard after this year. QB (2) RB (3) LB (4) DB (4) key players at WR (2) DE (2) TE (1). Very interested how the young depth looks this year at QB, RB, ILB, OLB and Safety. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as dropdown or transfer QB's for next year, this year's offense will go a long ways in getting some of these guys to come in. If Freund's offense does well and is as dynamic as advertised, it should look appealing to many a QB looking for a change.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Feff said:

As far as dropdown or transfer QB's for next year, this year's offense will go a long ways in getting some of these guys to come in. If Freund's offense does well and is as dynamic as advertised, it should look appealing to many a QB looking for a change.

Absolutely, that would extend to WR as well.  That might have been one of the reasons Klein from Mandan picked us over Mo U 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ND1 said:

Absolutely, that would extend to WR as well.  That might have been one of the reasons Klein from Mandan picked us over Mo U 

:huh: :lol:

That a new nickname for NDSU? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dakotadan said:

:huh: :lol:

That a new nickname for NDSU? 

I would say his Mama had a say in the decision....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Important question here: What is your go-to game day beer?

Whatever's cold and on sale in GF. Preferably something local.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LkvlleUNDFan said:

Whatever's cold and on sale in GF. Preferably something local.

I go with premium grainbelt after I smuggle a bunch back from hunting in October. Regular and nordeast. First half of the season it's something local around here.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Miller Lite. Every other beer is a waste of time.

This could be the comment I disagree with most on this Forum.

Currently having a Deschutes Da Shoots. So good. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

One month from today!!

4CB8FB73-86C0-4B23-9C26-97EF3E6F7F2A.jpeg

Would be great to see one or both of them come out for some future games in some throwback uniforms. 

UND has a couple classic looks and the Snorty logo for NDSU is bomb af.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

UND athletic department has 500 tickets for this game.

What does a guy have to do to get in line for one of those Tix? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Busch lattes if I’m buying, bud light when my dads buying. 

Gutmann Weissbier for me. $2 per liter makes it an expensive beer.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dakotadan said:

What does a guy have to do to get in line for one of those Tix? 

Better up your champions club "donation." ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, AJS said:

@siouxfan512 I've had the same thoughts, as I'm always looking a few years down the road at all positions. Looking at the roster this year, a couple positions are going to be hit hard after this year. QB (2) RB (3) LB (4) DB (4) key players at WR (2) DE (2) TE (1). Very interested how the young depth looks this year at QB, RB, ILB, OLB and Safety. 

I think it’s in everyone of us to look ahead ...to a certain degree. But looking at positional breakdown of this years group is interesting .

DL - 2 seniors, 0 jun, 2 soph, 9 freshman ( 6 of which are true ). VERY YOUNG!!

cb- 1 sen, 1 jun, 1 soph....the rest are freshman.  

outside of those two positions the rest have a great combination of upper class/ young talent.  

For up coming seasons.....recruiting a  qb should be priority #1.  That hasn’t been the case  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

...

For up coming seasons.....recruiting a  qb should be priority #1.  That hasn’t been the case  

...

I believe the offers have been made in the past seasons, but Bubba has not been able to land the young guns... after all, what hot young qb would want to come to UND under Rudy’s system to hand off the ball on the first and second downs and then be swarmed under on third down because it’s 3rd and long and the defense knows you have to pass? Will that change under Freund? Time will tell.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

For up coming seasons.....recruiting a  qb should be priority #1.  That hasn’t been the case  

I'm interested to hear the evidence that the UND football staff did not prioritize QB recruiting.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ozzie82 said:

I'm interested to hear the evidence that the UND football staff did not prioritize QB recruiting.

Yeah I mean Case left them scrambling last minute last year. From everything I’ve heard, they were definitely pleased in being able to land Schuster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Yeah I mean Case left them scrambling last minute last year. From everything I’ve heard, they were definitely pleased in being able to land Schuster. 

For sure. It seems to me the only reason Schuster is not playing FBS is because if his height. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like to see the team using the padded helmets to help prevent concussions and unnecessary wear while the guys are getting into gameday shape. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ozzie82 said:

I'm interested to hear the evidence that the UND football staff did not prioritize QB recruiting.

No evidence at all.  I’m not affiliated in any manner with the team. Huge fan is all.  I would like to hear some evidence they  DID prioritize .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...