Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
UNDBIZ

2019 Season

Recommended Posts

On 5/25/2019 at 9:01 AM, UND1983 said:

You seem genuinely excited about it. A flurry of posts suddenly out of nowhere.  Congrats on celebrating a kids misfortune you ^%$' loser.

Not celebrating anybody failing. I hope the UND360 guys are right and he comes back and gets is academics in  order and succeeds. I just think in the long run it would have been better for the kid if the staff had told him he needed to concentrate strictly on academics his first year to get him on the correct path to getting an education and a degree. It would have saved the kid the publicity and a year of eligibility. And I know in this case all of the warning signs were very evident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for  caring but  I believe he only played 4 games last year so technically red shirted.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Not celebrating anybody failing. I hope the UND360 guys are right and he comes back and gets is academics in  order and succeeds. I just think in the long run it would have been better for the kid if the staff had told him he needed to concentrate strictly on academics his first year to get him on the correct path to getting an education and a degree. It would have saved the kid the publicity and a year of eligibility. And I know in this case all of the warning signs were very evident.

A lot of football players are eligible so they can/could play, take that away and what's the point.  Maybe I was with a bad student/athlete group but for the most part, guys could barely stomach the student part of student athlete.  You just have to man up and get it done Otis, like many have done before you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Not celebrating anybody failing. I hope the UND360 guys are right and he comes back and gets is academics in  order and succeeds. I just think in the long run it would have been better for the kid if the staff had told him he needed to concentrate strictly on academics his first year to get him on the correct path to getting an education and a degree. It would have saved the kid the publicity and a year of eligibility. And I know in this case all of the warning signs were very evident.

If only Izzo was consistent in his reporting with “all athletes with Fargo ties” the publicity would not have been an issue you would have to be so concerned about.  

UND’s staff has done a great job supplying the kid with resources to succeed.  It’s up to him this summer to figure it all out.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2019 at 4:18 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

five  or six years in...rb's and qb's are still a problem....unacceptable a this point in bubba's tenure.

I think Gordon is a pretty darn good RB and just never had a chance behind Brady and John.  We will see how good he is this year, and i think we will find out he is pretty good!  Isn't Johanneson like the all time record holder in ND, or something like that.  The freshman coming in this year is supposedly really good.   McKinney is good.  Weah definitely would have contributed a lot this year, but even without him I think we will be formidable at RB and I don't think RB is our problem.   I'm really looking forward to what our RB's are going to do in a more diverse offense this year. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not terribly concerned with RB depth for this year. JJ is rock solid (although an injury risk given his running style), but Gordon is more than capable for a high number of carries. Look at what he did a couple years ago as a third fiddle to Oliviera and Santiago, he certainly showed flashes of brilliance in limited carries. With the spread offense we'll be running, McKinney is more than capable at sliding in and taking snaps. Would it have been nice to have Weah and his skill touching the ball? Definitely, but by no means are the cupboards bare without him. Hopefully he gets his head on right, buries his nose in the books, and makes use of his opportunity at school to enable him to come back next season to contribute. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 5:32 PM, iramurphy said:

Put these guys behind a good off line ... 

< ding! > 

Winner. 

If you have the biggest, baddest, meanest, most skilled offensive line in the game you can have Blackheart, Mafia, and Oxbow as your backfield and still win games. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

< ding! > 

Winner. 

If you have the biggest, baddest, meanest, most skilled offensive line in the game you can have Blackheart, Mafia, and Oxbow as your backfield and still win games. 

Now you are talking an OL. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

< ding! > 

Winner. 

If you have the biggest, baddest, meanest, most skilled offensive line in the game you can have Blackheart, Mafia, and Oxbow as your backfield and still win games. 

Think they could remember the plays?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

We found another RB:

Dalton Gee, 6', 205, 4.5, Loomis (Butte College),CA.  Two years of eligibility remaining. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

What about London?

It’s my understanding he is no longer with the team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ND1 said:

It’s my understanding he is no longer with the team 

That was fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow how the tables have turned. Just last year it appeared the RB stable was busting at the seams, now they lose 4 good players due to graduation and to being dumbasses and here we are with no depth, 100% susceptible to injuries again. Which will absolutely happen at the RB position. Mckinney and JJ will be the prime backs when healthy, but in reality, we'll be seeing a lot of the 3rd and 4th backs as well, and I'm not too confident about that anymore. Constant let downs with this team.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Wow how the tables have turned. Just last year it appeared the RB stable was busting at the seams, now they lose 4 good players due to graduation and to being dumbasses and here we are with no depth, 100% susceptible to injuries again. Which will absolutely happen at the RB position. Mckinney and JJ will be the prime backs when healthy, but in reality, we'll be seeing a lot of the 3rd and 4th backs as well, and I'm not too confident about that anymore. Constant let downs with this team.  

I think Griebel is an option.  And you forgot Gordon.  And the freshman coming in could surprise, too if healthy as I know he's coming off a knee injury.  I don't think the situation is totally bleak but I am bummed about Otis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Wow how the tables have turned. Just last year it appeared the RB stable was busting at the seams, now they lose 4 good players due to graduation and to being dumbasses and here we are with no depth, 100% susceptible to injuries again. Which will absolutely happen at the RB position. Mckinney and JJ will be the prime backs when healthy, but in reality, we'll be seeing a lot of the 3rd and 4th backs as well, and I'm not too confident about that anymore. Constant let downs with this team.  

There is plenty of depth, chillaxit bro.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I think Griebel is an option.  And you forgot Gordon.  And the freshman coming in could surprise, too if healthy as I know he's coming off a knee injury.  I don't think the situation is totally bleak but I am bummed about Otis.

I agree, London was grossly overrated and wasn’t going to see much playing time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I think Griebel is an option.  And you forgot Gordon.  And the freshman coming in could surprise, too if healthy as I know he's coming off a knee injury.  I don't think the situation is totally bleak but I am bummed about Otis.

8,500+.. combined career (RUSHING only)  yds. (Griebel/Blubaugh) in Colo. largest classification....  not suggesting any moves cuz those two have settled in well where they are...but there's talent rostered here....if there is interest thinking outside the box a little it wouldn't be a stretch.... (Danny Woodhead - & a Brady/John hybrid....)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Constant let downs with this team.  

Yeah, you've made that pretty clear.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...