SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

WR. Magg and Wanzek  did well and they will do well in 2019. But don't sleep on McKinney if he gets the chance he is going to set off the conference. Not taking nothing away from number 89 or 31 but look out this kid is going to be exciting if he is given that chance.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Hawks_Win_Again said:

Agree. He and Griebel were wasted last season and poorly utilized ...... That foolishness is gone now.... Freund will utilize his weapons, and make us tough to prepare for.....  Biggest beneficiary will be our QB.       GO HAWKS !

I hope to see Freund do this, but I'm not ready to say "He is the guy" or "He will fix the problem", not yet anyway. I certainly hope he does, I just want to actually see his offense before he gets my full confidence. And that has nothing to do with Freund, I would say that about any OC after the abysmal performance we have seen in that role the past few seasons.

58 minutes ago, Jack Dean said:

WR. Magg and Wanzek  did well and they will do well in 2019. But don't sleep on McKinney if he gets the chance he is going to set off the conference. Not taking nothing away from number 89 or 31 but look out this kid is going to be exciting if he is given that chance.

Agree...He and Griebel were wasted last season and poorly utilized.... That foolishness is gone now..... Freund will utilize his weapons and make us tough to prepare for..... Biggest beneficiary will be our QB.        GO HAWKS !!! 

Definitely excited to see the new offense next year too.  So many times we had the three tall WR's on the field at the same time, they are all good but had similar skill sets.  Hopefully one of the faster guys is on the field at almost all times next year.   It will be nice to see a more diverse offense next year.  

We'll probably never graduate two RB's at the same time as we did in losing Brady and John, however have to give kudos to the staff in the RB's we are bringing back.  Especially with Gordon going back to RB.  It looks like we have 4 solid RB's next year and while I will miss watching both Brady and John, I'm not really concerned at all right now about the RB position next year. 

OL should have some decent depth next year and experience.  Last year we started the year with the OL already banged up.  Sure hope this year they start out 100% healthy.  We will need a great game by the OL to have a chance against SU. 

With his athleticism, I think Boltmann could end up being the guy next year at QB.  Will be interesting to see how that shakes out.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I think it surprised everybody, haha.  Helped that nobody for Sac St wanted to catch him though.

Not sure/think he won the State A 100 yard dash 2 years in a row. He does have break-away sped.

Still am curious as to Jon & Brady's 2018 stats.

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’m still hoping JJ drops 10-15 lbs and gains 2 steps of speed for next year. 

JJ at 225 would be just as solid and damaging to defenses, but would have better speed and quickness and probably better cardio endurance*.

*Not that I should speak of either. 

2 hours ago, nodak651 said:

I'm guessing he meant FIPPA, but all the injury stuff they mentioned was pretty much common knowledge.

yes. fippa. for being common knowledge I didn't know that it was mortel's back that kept him out...hope he gets it back to 100% for next year.