SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

6 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This! Faison should have overruled Bubba and said no to this deal. What good is it to get blown out by FU? It makes us look even worse than we are. It's something that a high school would do.

Get blown out by FU? Do something about it and play better. 

You can't be the best if you can't beat the best, which starts by actually playing the best. Just so happens that the best FCS program in the history of FCS football is only 80 miles from the University of North Dakota. 

I have no problem playing UND's biggest rival on the road two times in a row. UND had no leverage and needed to do that in order to get it scheduled. 

Something worth bitching about is how UND performed in the 2015 game. That needs to improve. Also, I think it is worth bitching about how UND has to play in Fargo again in 2020. Why couldn't UND play NDSU in Grand Forks in 2020? The MVFC schedule screwed UND over more than Bubba and Faison did by scheduling the game for 2015 and 2019. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

My point is that the condition the program was in when Bubba took it over and where NDSU's program was (and is) made it very likely that we would lose both games and probably by multiple possessions. But since we'll be in the same conference soon, I suppose it's a moot point now.

Every FCS program in the country is very likely to lose to NDSU by multiple possessions. You only get a chance at beating NDSU, though, if you first schedule them. 

To be the best you have to beat the best. Play 'em!!!

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Get blown out by FU? Do something about it and play better. 

You can't be the best if you can't beat the best, which starts by actually playing the best. Just so happens that the best FCS program in the history of FCS football is only 80 miles from the University of North Dakota. 

I have no problem playing UND's biggest rival on the road two times in a row. UND had no leverage and needed to do that in order to get it scheduled. 

Something worth bitching about is how UND performed in the 2015 game. That needs to improve. Also, I think it is worth bitching about how UND has to play in Fargo again in 2020. Why couldn't UND play NDSU in Grand Forks in 2020? The MVFC schedule screwed UND over more than Bubba and Faison did by scheduling the game for 2015 and 2019. 

This may have also been part of the price of admission to the MVFC

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Admire Upstate SC so much.  There is something about that region that is so pure and is reflected in the Clemson team.  Talking about spiritual blessings,

You mean the team that apparently had 3 of their 17 tested players test positive for a drug not legal in any country in the world?

I'm glad they won tonight, one of my old man's cousins was a stud D-Tackle and three year starter for them in the 80's, but there is nothing remotely pure about Clemson winning a national championship lmao.

33 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

You mean the team that apparently had 3 of their 17 tested players test positive for a drug not legal in any country in the world?

I'm glad they won tonight, one of my old man's cousins was a stud D-Tackle and three year starter for them in the 80's, but there is nothing remotely pure about Clemson winning a national championship lmao.

You mixed them up with NDSU.  

Clemson gets a lot of players from outside that upstate region.  Clemson as a town is not much bigger than Jamestown.  One won't hear Saban preaching and quoting Scripture because he is an atheist.  Tuscaloosa and that part of Bama nearly have a hell address.

7 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

You mixed them up with NDSU.  

Clemson gets a lot of players from outside that upstate region.  Clemson as a town is not much bigger than Jamestown.  One won't hear Saban preaching and quoting Scripture because he is an atheist.  Tuscaloosa and that part of Bama nearly have a hell address.

Saban is a devout Catholic.  EWTN, the Catholic channel on TV, is based in a town an hour from Tuscaloosa.  I'm not the smartest dude ever by any means, but what it is like to be the village idiot?  Just curious.  I'll hang up and listen.

12 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Saban is a devout Catholic.  EWTN, the Catholic channel on TV, is based in a town an hour from Tuscaloosa.  I'm not the smartest dude ever by any means, but what it is like to be the village idiot?  Just curious.  I'll hang up and listen.

Listened to too many Auburn fans I guess.  My apologies to Nick Saban for spreading wrong info.  Many Bama and Auburn fans don't consider Catholic much different than pagan as you probably see in the Panhandle.

Been to EWTN HQ near Cullman.  They are many very devout Christians there.  In Mobile, there were many charismatic Catholics, which are rather rare worldwide and are nearly Pentecostal.  They believe in a Shemitah, which you laugh at.

15 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Can you imagine the coming off season for Bama? That strength coach is going to be 10x as in their face.

Poor game-plan by Saban.  I especially liked the fake punt in crunch-time with the kicker lead blocking for the holder, charging into the Clemson defensive front.  

7 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Poor game-plan by Saban.  I especially liked the fake punt in crunch-time with the kicker lead blocking for the holder, charging into the Clemson defensive front.  

How do they not have a passing option in that fake at least? Strange. Not every heavyweight champ has a good chin. They got Deboed last night.

9 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

How do they not have a passing option in that fake at least? Strange. Not every heavyweight champ has a good chin. They got Deboed last night.

You mean when the defense comes out in and lines up in a regular defensive front fully expecting a fake it’s not a good idea to run your fake??