SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

10 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

6 home games next season (2019) compared to 5 away games. UND needs to be a playoff team next season or wholesale changes must happen. Only 1 playoff appearance in 6 seasons with no playoff wins is firing criteria, in my opinion. 

Plenty of pieces if the staff can add the value that is needed.  It will come down to coaching as most football does.

Bubba cools the mob by letting Rudy walk......buying himself another year.

What I'd like to see in the new coordinator:

-TE use.  

-Screen game.

-Not being able to call the next play from my living room.

-Attack mentality.....f#ck Bubba ball.  No huddle when necessary....etc. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Bubba cools the mob by letting Rudy walk......buying himself another year.

What I'd like to see in the new coordinator:

-TE use.  

-Screen game.

-Not being able to call the next play from my living room.

-Attack mentality.....f#ck Bubba ball.  No huddle when necessary....etc. 

We were all channeling our inner Tony Romo by week 4.

There will be no game in 2019 more difficult than the 2018 @Washington game (yes, including even 2019 @NDSU, screw them). 

UND doesn't play an FBS game in 2019 and has more home games than away games. As far as I'm concerned, considering the new offensive coordinator and recent failures, we should expect UND to be a playoff team in 2019 or else ...

• Upvote 1

Chaves stated on his podcast that they are leaning towards staying at 11 games for next year. 

My opinion: Terrible idea. There is 6 home games so schedule the away portion of a home and home with someone like a Southland, OVC or even a Big Sky team that isn't on the schedule. Gets you a good shot at a win and gets a decent team to the Alerus in a future year. 7-5 looks better than 6-5. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Chaves stated on his podcast that they are leaning towards staying at 11 games for next year. 

My opinion: Terrible idea. There is 6 home games so schedule the away portion of a home and home with someone like a Southland, OVC or even a Big Sky team that isn't on the schedule. Gets you a good shot at a win and gets a decent team to the Alerus in the future years. 7-5 looks better than 6-5. 

One issue, and I hope it's not the only reason, could be money. Scheduling the away portion of a home and home for 2019 means around $100,000 in extra travel cost for 2019.

Scheduling an fbs money game would mean another likely loss. And paying another non scholly fcs to come to the Al would also be around a $100,000 loss. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

My opinion: Terrible idea. There is 6 home games so schedule the away portion of a home and home with someone like a Southland, OVC or even a Big Sky team that isn't on the schedule. Gets you a good shot at a win and gets a decent team to the Alerus in a future year. 7-5 looks better than 6-5. 

If we could find a second home body bag game I would be all for adding a 12th game.

26 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

One issue, and I hope it's not the only reason, could be money. Scheduling the away portion of a home and home for 2019 means around $100,000 in extra travel cost for 2019.

Scheduling an fbs money game would mean another likely loss. And paying another non scholly fcs to come to the Al would also be around a $100,000 loss. 

True, but it saves you $150-200K in a future year not having to pay a guarantee. Just seems like a complete waste of an opportunity to get a W and a future home game with the extra game. 

My thoughts on an OVC or Southland team is that it should be a win yet still a bit better than a non-scholly. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

True, but it saves you $150-200K in a future year not having to pay a guarantee. Just seems like a complete waste of an opportunity to get a W and a future home game with the extra game. 

My thoughts on an OVC or Southland team is that it should be a win yet still a bit better than a non-scholly. 

Play the 12th game, pay the new OC more, so you find one that can be future HC.

30 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

There will be no game in 2019 more difficult than the 2018 @Washington game (yes, including even 2019 @NDSU, screw them). 

UND doesn't play an FBS game in 2019 and has more home games than away games. As far as I'm concerned, considering the new offensive coordinator and recent failures, we should expect UND to be a playoff team in 2019 or else ...

If there was ever a time to play NDSU its next season.  They lose a ton (reload as always, I know), but their starting QB will be brand new and they lose a number of guys at the skill positions.  Early in the year we won't (shouldn't) have our normal run of season ending injuries on the defensive side of the ball at that point in time.  

NDSU will win, but I think our team should keep it a game.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

If there was ever a time to play NDSU its next season.  They lose a ton (reload as always, I know), but their starting QB will be brand new and they lose a number of guys at the skill positions.  Early in the year we won't (shouldn't) have our normal run of season ending injuries on the defensive side of the ball at that point in time.  

F’ it. Go for the W and beat cow college.

Need to be way more aggressive than the offense was in 2015.

Go for the win, UND. Then leave the Fargodome as it implodes with riots in the background.

• Upvote 4

I can’t take it anymore. 

Two days ago I said I was done. I retired all my UND/Sioux gear to the top corner shelf of a nondescript closet. I made plans to peel  the stickers off my vehicles and the signs off my garage 

BUT DAMN. I am pumped for next year. I’m seeing this through to the bitter end. 

2019 season the team needs added weight on the defensive line. A lot of talent but they need size. Look what Mason Bennett has done. Unbelievable. 

Running back: James can’t do It alone. Need two more. Austin Gordon can cover one of these spots if another Brady/John can’t be had. 

These are the two biggest issues in my opinion. 

Take care of these two issues then start on the rest  

GO SIOUX 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

F’ it. Go for the W and beat cow college.

Need to be way more aggressive than the offense was in 2015.

Go for the win, UND. Then leave the Fargodome as it implodes with riots in the background.

Absolutely!  This would be the surest way to shake off the apathy.

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

My co-worker and I were talking about this yesterday.  I don't see this as an automatic Bison win.  My co-worker agreed that he sees UND as the chink in NDSU's armor.  

• Upvote 1