SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

Osayimwense Onaghinor‏ @Sayioso4

Follow Follow @Sayioso4

More

I’d like to thank the coaches who gave me an opportunity here University of North Dakota, and an even bigger thanks to my teammates I’ve played with over the past year. But, with that said, it’s in my best interest to find a new home.

39 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Osayimwense Onaghinor‏ @Sayioso4

Follow Follow @Sayioso4

More

I’d like to thank the coaches who gave me an opportunity here University of North Dakota, and an even bigger thanks to my teammates I’ve played with over the past year. But, with that said, it’s in my best interest to find a new home.

Good luck to him

10 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

OL Wesley Jeffries is also tranferring per Tom Miller. Looks like the coaching staff had a sit down following spring ball with at least a couple of players. 

I wonder if he could've been given a shot back at NG....

1 minute ago, Ozzie82 said:

The 360 guys said in their chat that DL transition better to OL rather than the other way around because they are normally better athletes.

UND plays smaller, quicker DL nowadays so moving him to DL probably wouldn't work.  Jefferies isn't a nose guard

35 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Jeffries had played DL previous to UND.

That might say something then.  With UND needing a NG, they still put him on Offense.  Guessing they didn't think he had the ability to play NG at this level.  I'm also talking out of my ass.

Just now, nodak651 said:

That might say something then.  With UND needing a NG, they still put him on Offense, guessing they didn't think he had the ability to play NG at this level.  Also, I'm talking out of my ass.

It could be a number of factors, maybe he had no interest changing to defense or wasn’t a good fit.  

Either way best of luck.  

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

That might say something then.  With UND needing a NG, they still put him on Offense.  Guessing they didn't think he had the ability to play NG at this level.  I'm also talking out of my ass.

If you're good enough, this staff will plea and then wait outside a tribal ceremony for an answer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Boltman now a WR.  Any opinions on maybe moving him to the defensive side of the football to the secondary?  Taller than Holm, with more body mass I see.  Or does he not have the footwork to play DB at the FCS level?

I'll hang up and listen. 

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Boltman now a WR.  Any opinions on maybe moving him to the defensive side of the football to the secondary?  Taller than Holm, with more body mass I see.  Or does he not have the footwork to play DB at the FCS level?

I'll hang up and listen. 

He played safety in the MNHS all star game for what that’s worth.

I want Holm out there at corner. He was very good for us last year.

10 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

He played safety in the MNHS all star game for what that’s worth.

I want Holm out there at corner. He was very good for us last year.

Completely agree on Holm.  Our best cover guy last year.  I just don't see Boltman having a huge impact as a WR, where as you can't ever have enough depth in a secondary.  

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Completely agree on Holm.  Our best cover guy last year.  I just don't see Boltman having a huge impact as a WR, where as you can't ever have enough depth in a secondary.  

I disagree. Boltmann can make an impact at WR, especially if injuries unfortunately hit (and more than likely are going to). Although I suppose Boltmann won’t make a “huge impact”, I don’t see how he would make a huge impact on the defensive side of the ball either. 

He’s a playmaker who deserves to be on offense with the ball in his hands. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I disagree. Boltmann can make an impact at WR, especially if injuries unfortunately hit (and more than likely are going to). Although I suppose Boltmann won’t make a “huge impact”, I don’t see how he would make a huge impact on the defensive side of the ball either. 

He’s a playmaker who deserves to be on offense with the ball in his hands. 

Trick play potential 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

A good overview of spring ball from Tom Miller and Alex Heinert including what's on the horizon for 2019. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/midcosn-podcast-und-football-spring-recap/id1068689015?i=1000435175352

Listening right now. The way they’re talking really makes it seem like Boltmann will likely be able to stick at WR and probably not make the return back to QB. I’m excited to see him play.