SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

• 2 weeks later...

So last year we already had the season ticket renewal raffle going on.  This year I haven't heard a thing about season ticket renewal yet, we're already behind last year.  Shouldn't have any excuses with an AD that's had a year on the job, and the hockey team shitting the bed again so wrapping up that season earlier than normal.  Anyone have any info if we're doing this kind of thing again?  I thought it was a nice touch and another way to generate interest.

Exclusive Prize List
Week No. 1 (renew by April 7, 2018): Trip for two to the Washington road game

1 hour ago, SkoHawks said:

So last year we already had the season ticket renewal raffle going on.  This year I haven't heard a thing about season ticket renewal yet, we're already behind last year.  Shouldn't have any excuses with an AD that's had a year on the job, and the hockey team shitting the bed again so wrapping up that season earlier than normal.  Anyone have any info if we're doing this kind of thing again?  I thought it was a nice touch and another way to generate interest.

Exclusive Prize List

It seemed like the raffle was publicized in the early rounds but went quiet as the rounds went on. I’m wondering if that had anything to do with the fact that a majority of the winners have direct ties to the football program...

21 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

Exclusive Prize List

Thus far, this AD (Chaves) is more “Hockey over everything else” than Faison was ...

I hope he proves me wrong. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

Exclusive Prize List

Renew your season tickets:  See 6 home UND football games and enjoy an offense run by competent Offensive Coordinator who actually knows what he is doing!!  Should be enough to sellout every game!!;)

10 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Renew your season tickets:  See 6 home UND football games and enjoy an offense run by competent Offensive Coordinator who actually knows what he is doing!!  Should be enough to sellout every game!!;)

Oh I'm definitely renewing my tickets, just thought it was a fun way to promote UND football. Even if they aren't doing a raffle they could still be promoting to renew your tickets. You are definitely right on having more reasons to renew this year.  Remember, 6 home games is only the minimum, would you be happy with the minimum? :wink:

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I’ve had him over for dinner on several occasions ... [sarcasm]

Put the tape measure away. 

I’m pointing out that you think you know a mans intentions while having zero personal interactions with him. Seems a little assumptive on your part don’t you think?

5 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

He’s not. Not even close. Have you talked to him in person? 

I agree - he wants to compete (and win) in all of our sports.  He knows he has a lot of things to address - including where to find the $ to do many of the things that are necessary for us to compete and be successful. 

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

I agree - he wants to compete (and win) in all of our sports.  He knows he has a lot of things to address - including where to find the $ to do many of the things that are necessary for us to compete and be successful. 

He’s very concerned about raising the level of facilities for all sports.

2 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

Interesting. I'd think coaching salary budgets would seem bigger priority and better way to improve performance.

I don’t think g_s was saying facilities were his highest priority - other than Phase II.  Chaves see the “big picture”!

• Upvote 4

On 4/12/2019 at 4:44 PM, geaux_sioux said:

He’s very concerned about raising the level of facilities for all sports.

As far as focusing on facilities, his predecessor got the HPC built, got the Alerus to make significant upgrades over the years, invented a conference for hockey, and had a ton of other REALLY TOUGH decisions to make, which for the most part he handled admirably.  

Chaves has been basically invisible during his first year here.  Seems more interested in talking about pro soccer, the Boston Red Sox, and his fond memories of the Hartford Whalers than he is in the state of North Dakota basketball.

I bet I was able to personally communicate with Brian Faison personally a dozen times either face-to-face or via email during his first year here.  Chaves doesn't seem to bother with answering emails from small time alums like me, and I've never run into him at an event thus far.  But for some reason Faison got the reputation of being aloof and arrogant, even though he always had the time to answer my questions, shake my hand, and even remember my name.  

It's still early, but color me unimpressed with Chaves so far...............  

• Upvote 2

On 4/14/2019 at 8:52 PM, bincitysioux said:

Chaves has been basically invisible during his first year here.  Seems more interested in talking about pro soccer, the Boston Red Sox, and his fond memories of the Hartford Whalers than he is in the state of North Dakota basketball.

I bet I was able to personally communicate with Brian Faison personally a dozen times either face-to-face or via email during his first year here.  Chaves doesn't seem to bother with answering emails from small time alums like me, and I've never run into him at an event thus far.  But for some reason Faison got the reputation of being aloof and arrogant, even though he always had the time to answer my questions, shake my hand, and even remember my name.  

It's still early, but color me unimpressed with Chaves so far...............  

This has also been my experience, almost exactly in fact. Scary. The Guy doesn’t provide much true dedication to the entirety of UND athletics via SM posts, comments, podcasts, etc. and the small-time alumni, especially, in my opinion are forgotten and/or ignored.

Like I said earlier, hopefully Chaves eventually proves me wrong. As long as HPC Phase II gets done sooner rather than later, I’ll be content. 

• Upvote 1