Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Northern Arizona Game Day Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're going to get crushed in the MV.... let's just lose football, save the $$$ and bring back the womens hockey team....do the Serratore brothers have a sister who coaches? 

No one is proud of the UND football program's current leadership and direction. It just is embarrassing that some among the fan base feel it necessary to bring up women's ice hockey, which is complete

I guess at least then nobody would care enough to get their hopes up for having a good team. They'd just lose $2 million without breaking any hearts. Might be worth it 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

What does senior leadership have to do with terrible game management, awful offensive play calling, horrible QB play and not having the nuts to pull the QB?

Apparently nothing at all I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Or just ask "have you EVER gone for it on 4th down"?

I think UND went for it on 4th down on the first series of the game after collecting a turnover, agianst Idaho.  Couldn’t pick up a 4th and a 1/2 yard.  How could anyone be confident going for it on 4th down after that? Especially, if your supposed to be this “physical” running football team. This team as the year progressed, couldn’t really move anyone.  After running “at will” at Sac State, the runningbacks really didn’t have much to run through on a regular basis after that game.  If you want to have an identity as a running team, you best have the “Hoss’”.   Its apparent they don’t yet.  And its not close.  And sadly if NK is suppose the QB that won the job out of fall camp, then what does that say about the rest of the QB’s on the roster.  Lot’s of questionable decisions by Ketteringham over the last 4 games. Plain headscratchers.  Just doesn’t seem to have a great Football IQ.  I think Sac St.  saw that and were more than happy to let him go.  Sadly, he’s our problem now with a below average offensive front.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, the green team said:

I think UND went for it on 4th down on the first series of the game after collecting a turnover, agianst Idaho.  Couldn’t pick up a 4th and a 1/2 yard.  How could anyone be confident going for it on 4th down after that? Especially, if your supposed to be this “physical” running football team. This team as the year progressed, couldn’t really move anyone.  After running “at will” at Sac State, the runningbacks really didn’t have much to run through on a regular basis after that game.  If you want to have an identity as a running team, you best have the “Hoss’”.   Its apparent they don’t yet.  And its not close.  And sadly if NK is suppose the QB that won the job out of fall camp, then what does that say about the rest of the QB’s on the roster.  Lot’s of questionable decisions by Ketteringham over the last 4 games. Plain headscratchers.  Just doesn’t seem to have a great Football IQ.  I think Sac St.  saw that and were more than happy to let him go.  Sadly, he’s our problem now with a below average offensive front.  

Rudolph picking Kett does not mean he’s better than the others.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I think I am more bothered by #1.   I am not sure how a HC can be that oblivious to a QB who is struggling mightily in a huge game.   It is not like Ketts effectiveness had not been sliding over at least the last half of the season. 

What does this say about the other qbs?  

Ive said it before look at the job bubba and Lennon did at SIU. That’s where your program is heading towards. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, geaux_sioux said:

Rudolph picking Kett does not mean he’s better than the others.

There were lots of people on this board that picked Ketteringham as the starter out of spring ball, let alone out of fall camp.  Plus, Bubba is the Head Coach. He is certainly capable of over ruling and making the change.  I mean they video every practice and game right.  What are they seeing when they grade every practice, let alone game.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, the green team said:

There were lots of people on this board that picked Ketteringham as the starter out of spring ball, let alone out of fall camp.  Plus, Bubba is the Head Coach. He is certainly capable of over ruling and making the change.  I mean they video every practice and game right.  What are they seeing when they grade every practice, let alone game.

Don’t care about what they see in practice. Kett was a train wreck in games when it counted.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, the green team said:

There were lots of people on this board that picked Ketteringham as the starter out of spring ball, let alone out of fall camp.  Plus, Bubba is the Head Coach. He is certainly capable of over ruling and making the change.  I mean they video every practice and game right.  What are they seeing when they grade every practice, let alone game.

I know I am droning on and on about Kett but he was just awful today.  Not average, not kind of bad, not bad, he was awful.  Either the skill to recognize that is missing from Bubba and Co or the will is missing and neither scenario is good.  

Trying to figure out how that must feel as a player?  You know some of them have that figured out, judging by the tenor of the team as the game wore on, I think it’s possible the majority of the team had that figured out. The effort just seemed to evaporate as the game wore on. 

The offense goes 3 and out early in the 4th quarter, punt is shanked and NAU takes over deep inside UND territory.  The defense deflects a pass and creates the turnover that we needed so desperately.  How much of the team was thinking “oh $@&/, if only Canady had taken it back for a td, we would have a tie game,  now the offense will screw it up”?  I know that is exactly what I was thinking and that is exactly what happened.  The offense had really gotten that bad, and Bubba could not recognize it?

Where does that leave us?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not singling any one or one position out but this was probably the most repulsive game I’ve ever attended. 

The bright spot was special teams. 

It’s been a good 3+ years but I no longer have a dog in the fight so I’m drifting to the sidelines. 

Teeder, Geaux-Sioux, wish you would of taken me up on that beer offer. Would of loved to of met you two. 

I’ll check in from time to time to see what the rest of you IBF’s, (ignorant butt faces) are up to. Your a blast, especially after a 1/2 pint and a 40 ounce malt liquor. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

Not singling any one or one position out but this was probably the most repulsive game I’ve ever attended. 

The bright spot was special teams. 

It’s been a good 3+ years but I no longer have a dog in the fight so I’m drifting to the sidelines. 

Teeder, Geaux-Sioux, wish you would of taken me up on that beer offer. Would of loved to of met you two. 

I’ll check in from time to time to see what the rest of you IBF’s, (ignorant butt faces) are up to. Your a blast, especially after a 1/2 pint and a 40 ounce malt liquor. 

 

Sorry, i would have taken you up on that beer offer if I hadn’t been in such a foul mood at the Portland St game.... didn’t want to talk to anyone at that game

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was honestly over it by the time I walked to my car.  After that PSU game last week....and almost midway through the 2nd quarter when we had 30 yards of offense on 5 possessions, part of me wanted us to lose because this has been so pathetic the last few weeks I think we need a change and it would only happen if we lost.  Granted, a big part of me still wanted to win and I was hoping we would pull it out.  But by the end of the game.....and walking to my car I was over it, and then had a 3 hour ride home.....and I actually kind of feel content.  Because if some type of change doesnt' happen, I'm not going to spend the whole off season looking forward to next year like I have been the past couple of years.  If Rudy and Bubba are both here next fall, I will root like heck for us to win, but in my heart I know we will never really amount to anything. 

2015 - Snubbed from playoffs, so frustrating made such a long off season....I was pissed

2016 - Richmond meltdown, horrible way to end season....I was pissed all off season

2017 -  Crazy injuries, season over by end of September.  I realized there was coaching issues, but gave benefit of doubt with all the injuries.  Was a hard off season and I was pissed and frustrated all off season how crappy that year was.

2018 - Like I said, I almost have a calm feeling of contentment right now, because if Rudy and Bubba are still here I'm just not going to care as much and therefore won't be disappointed.  But I'm hoping this horrible performance the past 4 weeks brings changes that are needed.  Bubba turned out to be a mistake.  Doubt we let him go, but hopefully at least OC and ST coaches.  But even then, will be hard to fully get behind Bubba until he has a team that proves something and doesn't actually get worse as the season goes on like this year.   This year, right at this moment....I am not pissed.....I'm becoming apathetic and it's almost like I don't care, even though I really do.  I would not have wanted to watch another game to watch this pathetic offense.  Sucks that Brady and John had to go out this way, and the other Seniors.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Drive chart yesterday.  Almost Impossible to win with this drive chart.  

9E9665E5-9690-49CE-AA0E-02D52C8DCBB2.png

Game on the line and your last 4 drives all 3 and out while netting just 21.......TWENTY F-N ONE total yards. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...