SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA VS. wmu GAMEDAY THREAD (FRIDAY)

iluvdebbies

We're the University of North Dakota, not some crap ass program.  Absolutely no reason we shouldn't have some guys on the roster who can put the puck in the net.  Pathetic showing tonight.  Berry needs to get in some firepower and right quick.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Worst UND performance since the Michigan state home series 2 years ago. Berry has a lot of work to do to keep his job. This team gets lit up by EVERYONE and UND gets shut out. Says it all 

Lit up?  No, they just failed to score.  We get the first goal and this game goes the other way.  Defensively we were solid.  Offensively we were...um...challenged.  Yes.  Offensively challenged.  And this is not new.

12 minutes ago, 808287 said:

Lit up?  No, they just failed to score.  We get the first goal and this game goes the other way.  Defensively we were solid.  Offensively we were...um...challenged.  Yes.  Offensively challenged.  And this is not new.

But...we didn’t score and it didn’t go the other way and it hasn’t for 3 years. Lit up? Yes! By everyone other than UND. Absolutely Horse S performance by UND. Hell bowing green scored TEN on them in two games 

6 minutes ago, 808287 said:

He was referring to Wmu getting lit up by everyone except us. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Seems like Berry is having a lot of trouble assembling a team.  We win a Natty and instead of getting a recruiting boost we look up 3 years later and St. Clown and Duluth have better programs than us and we have the worst group of forwards I have seen since the Bjorkman years.  And we get worked in the 3rd tonight.  And our PP sucks again.

• Upvote 2

I always thought timely PP goals were more important than overall PP percentages.

We found that out in the Minnesota and Wisconsin games.

We needed a timely PP goal in the first period when we had all the momentum. We get 1, better yet, we score 2 and perhaps WMU checks out for the rest of the night, especially with their best player in the stands. Instead, we let those 3 PP chances slip by, they play disciplined the rest of the way and have a strong night in goal; and then an unlucky bounce in the third period comes back to haunt us.  A PP goal early, and at worst, we probably salvage a point.

Hopefully, this isn't a night that will play out a few more times this season. 

Yes, defensively, this team is playing well, but unfortunately, you don't get style points in the standings for keeping team from having a lot of zone time and shots.

Ive said it before but is important.. the shot selection choices are very poor. bad angles, timing and such... very poor choices. 

This team gives opposing goalies very little reason to move laterally. 

Bowen did drive hard to the net once and THAT is exactly what is needed to break the funk.....

That and Coach Shaw watching on nchc.tv..... the PP is unacceptable.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Ive said it before but is important.. the shot selection choices are very poor. bad angles, timing and such... very poor choices. 

This team gives opposing goalies very little reason to move laterally. 

Bowen did drive hard to the net once and THAT is exactly what is needed to break the funk.....

That and Coach Shaw watching on nchc.tv..... the PP is unacceptable.

Shoot for tips.

When you go to the front of the net like Western Michigan did you get tips or bounces that lead to goals.

5 hours ago, bcblues said:

Hopefully is is not one of those "hot opponent goalie" weekends.  ;)

I have a pretty good feeling about this weekend, and I think we may see a stick salute (if we can rack up some goals against a weak goalie).

Looks like another effin "hot opponent goalie" again.  My God, Bowling Green, Ferris State and Omaha put goals on this team but we have 8 NHL picks and can't sniff a goal.  Yoy. 

2 hours ago, bcblues said:

Too many "lawman shots" (center of mass on the goalie).

I was at the game tonight, end the Sioux shoot at twice, you stated it perfectly.  And then especially in the 3rd period when we had any good chances we didn't even put them on effin goal (hence the SOG narrowed significantly by games end).

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Not going to win when you don't go to the front of the net with a purpose.

Scheel is the goalie from here on out.

Huh?  I'm not a great hockey by any means but what's this loss got to do with Thome?  At best, with UND going scoreless, it's a scoreless draw at the end of the 3rd period.

• Upvote 1

Relax. Wow. 

WM scored a goal off a skate to beat UND. UNDs biggest competition is themselves. They couldn’t score. 

UND had some great scoring chances. Just didn’t bury the biscuit. Kudos to the WM goalie too. 

Moving forward. Learn from the experience, win tomorrow night. 

Better to lose and play well (despite not scoring) now than come March/April  

Offense will come. Too much talent on the UND squad. Be patient. Not worried, yet...

L

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Worst UND performance since the Michigan state home series 2 years ago. Berry has a lot of work to do to keep his job. This team gets lit up by EVERYONE and UND gets shut out. Says it all 

I was told that we would not complain about the coach for about a decade after winning a single national championship...I guess things have changed.

• Upvote 1