SiouxSports.com Forum

Filling the Ralph

Telly33

On 11/16/2018 at 4:01 PM, WiSioux said:

I've yet to hear anyone attempt to start a Hawks cheer or chant of any kind. Can't not participate in something to be never heard.

They actually value the idea of getting out of the arena after the game with their lives.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

REA is selling $15 tickets for this weekend's games against UAA, can't wait to see that place fill up with people that say they aren't going to games because ticket prices are too high!

Edit: Also $10 children tickets, family of 4 for $50. At those prices, I might even turn on the heater for the drive to the arena!

Jumping in to mention that I believe I interpret this deal is good from 10-5 on Black Friday. (Would have to confirm ) Also, outside of that sale, tickets are $25 and Subway has a $5 off coupon, so maybe you could use both? 

Get a bunch of fans to maybe experience their first UND hockey game in person because the students are out of town and they had a deal for cheap seats. Then score 3 goals in a minute and a half that results in a comeback win and a sweep. Having new fans experience a game and an atmosphere like the one tonight.....that is how you continue to fill the Ralph!! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Get a bunch of fans to maybe experience their first UND hockey game in person because the students are out of town and they had a deal for cheap seats. Then score 3 goals in a minute and a half that results in a comeback win and a sweep. Having new fans experience a game and an atmosphere like the one tonight.....that is how you continue to fill the Ralph!! 

And then during one of the first breaks after scoring three goals in a minute and half...blast Mambo #5. That will keep the crowd pumped up. 

• Upvote 3

Just watched part of the replay of the Minnesota and Michigan State game, and there couldn't have been more than 3500 fans in the stands.  It was actually a pretty good crowd at the Ralph against a boring Alaska Anchorage team, yet against a conference opponent Minnesota can't even fill half the arena? If I was a recruit, I'm not sure I would want to be a part of that atmosphere.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Just watched part of the replay of the Minnesota and Michigan State game, and there couldn't have been more than 3500 fans in the stands.  It was actually a pretty good crowd at the Ralph against a boring Alaska Anchorage team, yet against a conference opponent Minnesota can't even fill half the arena? If I was a recruit, I'm not sure I would want to be a part of that atmosphere.

Obviously not good for college hockey.

;)

The environment of athletics and spectator engagement is IMHO, heading towards a dramatic correction.

This may also coincide with a coming economic crisis/correction,   If it’s tough to gain spectators now the attention and available disposable income is going to be severely impacted.

Places like GF may weather better than the places with so many other available options... such as the cities....

UMtc needs to correct the fan experience and expense in order to compete with the attention of all the quasi pro teams.

On 11/25/2018 at 3:12 PM, tnt said:

with every half filled big10 hockey stadium...our price of big10  membership goes up!!!! 

On 11/26/2018 at 5:44 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

The environment of athletics and spectator engagement is IMHO, heading towards a dramatic correction.

This may also coincide with a coming economic crisis/correction,   If it’s tough to gain spectators now the attention and available disposable income is going to be severely impacted.

Places like GF may weather better than the places with so many other available options... such as the cities....

UMtc needs to correct the fan experience and expense in order to compete with the attention of all the quasi pro teams.

An "Overwatch" video game tournament sold out the Barclays Center for two nights last summer.  The Brooklyn Nets can't even sell it out for one.  There's something happening here...what it is ain't exactly clear...

http://longisland.news12.com/story/38948130/video-game-tournament-sells-out-at-barclays

11 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Home ticket resale prices keep going down.  Did we peak and how far will we fall and how long until it turns around. Hopefully we aren’t at a point that we have thousands of unused/unsold tickets for each home game.

UND squeezed every penny out of the fan base when it pushed tickets well over $50; season ticket demand will fall, and then single-game ticket prices will fall, too.  Watch for more promotions, coupons, BOGOs.

It could get ugly.

• Upvote 1