SiouxSports.com Forum

Senior appreciation

Fry Bread

Like to start a thread for this years seniors. 

Accolades for individuals or team wise 

Hopefully enough people chime in and post a thought on the teams senior class. Maybe  a special play or moment over the last four years. 

Realize some positions are easier to see the good things then others 

Parents and family please join in.

• Upvote 1

No 5 Brady Oliveira. No 21 Tanner Palmborg. No 22 John Santiago. No 24 Deion Harris. No 34 Luke Fiedler. 38 Dijon Murray. 46 Tyler Coyne. 52 Everett Williams. 53 Grant Aplin. 75 Adam Stiner. 77 Steve Greer. 81 Luke Stanley. 91 Austin Cieslak. 92 Tank Harris. 97 Warren Taylor 

If I missed someone or spell check kicked in please correct 

15. Other than the RBs, the O looks mostly intact coming back next year. Stanley and Aplin were solid though.

D takes a front line hit. Not easy to replace them and these pages have already had NG discussions, but it looks like the D loses only one LB Palmborg (Williams as a backup), one CB Harris so the LB and secondary look like strengths. Getting Ott back will be huge.

Which RS's do we expect to see take on larger rolls?

Love it when Brady shows shiftiness and John power. Things you don’t expect. 

Grants occasional nasty streak 

Stiner holding court

Steve and Tank coming up out of no where and blowing stuff apart. 

Fiedler not missing a opportunity to mix it up

5 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Deion Harris - I wonder how good  he could have been. I remember when he got hurt last year and saying what the heck - bad break - trying t figure out how much this was going to hurt team performance.

Deion always reminded me of a mongoose. Things are going good then there’s a flash and before you can blink your on your back with a set of teeth imbedded in your neck

A little bias, but loved Luke Fiedler’s tenacity at blocking. Never stops till the whistle blows which wears down the opponent during the game. If anyone watched film I can bet he has the most pancakes of any player these last few years. Remember a play 3 years ago where he blocked a Montana or Montana State DE or LB 30 yards down field and planted him, other player retaliated (pissed off) and got a personnel foul. Kostich said at team meeting you can’t tell me that isnt f——king better than a catch, haha.  Came in as a small TE and put on the pounds to become one of the best blocking TEs UND has had, in my mind.  He was originally hoping to be more of a receiving TE, but we know that story with the type of play calling. 

Other than that these Seniors have been a huge part of this growing program, new indoor HPC, School Logo/Name/Mascot and the first Big Sky championship. Gonna be missed for sure.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Finn flick said:

Luke Fiedler, my Thor. Gonna miss you. Would have loved to re-see those plays where it took 7 defense to try and pull you down but they succeeded not. But the pancakes were awesome. Did you serve syrup to them on their back? Love ya kid.  Grandma.

Love this!!!

• Upvote 1