SiouxSports.com Forum

Who would UND hire?

F'n Hawks

15 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I don't follow NSIC, but what has Moorhead accomplished that would qualify their coach for the UND OC spot?

Well he was just named NCIS Coach of the Year. Has done a lot with very little.  

7 minutes ago, Hockeygirl97 said:

I believe that was sarcasm. . . . I could be wrong. . . . :)

Yes you are.

• 3 years later...
26 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Need a fresh start. No identity on either side of the ball. Who could we bring in to make this change?

Who can we bring in to recruit elite talent to GF? What recruits would they have beat other schools out on? I don’t think someone with no connection to the program will end well, but look how coaching went at Nebraska….. and we ain’t Nebraska traditions or $$$$$$

2 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Who can we bring in to recruit elite talent to GF? What recruits would they have beat other schools out on? I don’t think someone with no connection to the program will end well, but look how coaching went at Nebraska….. and we ain’t Nebraska traditions or $$$$$$

So we just give up? Quitters never win and winners never quit.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Exactly, there is this thing called coaching. Player development and schemes. Bubba ball hasn’t worked, and it’s time to move on.

I’m not ready to fire Bubba yet but this is a fan forum so let’s speculate. Who could come in and replace? I don’t really know anything about area coaches (there’s no DeBoer that I know of locally) and I don’t think anyone would be in favor of retaining anyone on staff so who would we be looking at?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

It’s working at Kansas …. And (maybe) Arizona…

and neither of them are football first schools

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

UND definitely shouldn’t accept mediocrity with the current inbred staff or else they should just cut the program. 

there are folks out there (in lower divisions so $$$ isn’t the issue) that have much better ideas on how to build a team and build a winning culture than what Bubba currently has going for him. Trust me. Just look around and do the research 

With Chaves’ leadership in football, not sure there is a great vision. 

and why does Nebraska enter this conversation? They’ve just simply hired bad coaches the last couple times out … just like UND. The similarity is they hired one of their own but ultimately had to cut ties as it wasn’t working 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

14 hours ago, zonadub said:

It’s working at Kansas …. And (maybe) Arizona…

and neither of them are football first schools

Oh, and I forgot the most obvious one…

WASHINGTON!

and it is actually working out for Minnesota 

• Downvote 1

15 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND definitely shouldn’t accept mediocrity with the current inbred staff or else they should just cut the program. 

there are folks out there (in lower divisions so $$$ isn’t the issue) that have much better ideas on how to build a team and build a winning culture than what Bubba currently has going for him. Trust me. Just look around and do the research 

With Chaves’ leadership in football, not sure there is a great vision. 

and why does Nebraska enter this conversation? They’ve just simply hired bad coaches the last couple times out … just like UND. The similarity is they hired one of their own but ultimately had to cut ties as it wasn’t working 

Neither Nebraska or UND have been relevant for the last 20 years on the national level. 

It’s the same story every year. Winning and getting better just hasn’t caught on.

What’s a successful year this year? Make the playoffs, make the playoffs and win one game? Not making the playoffs and the program takes a step backwards…

I’’m willing to support the UND football program but if you want the Alerus Center full one day, a winning team/culture that can do some damage is much needed. 

I realize it’s a process but let’s say this year team misses playoffs, is the program/recruiting getting better? Or do we keep selling/marketing the program saying it is without results? 

Come on Bubba and coaches. Make a run one year and be the talk of the town Are we/you doing your best? Incremental improvement to me has been really disappointing.

Wts, I knew yesterdays game would be tough but so are the remaining games.

Simple question, are we actually getting better? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Okay, I'll bite

If UND was going to be serious about this:  They open up the pocketbooks*, drive down to St. Paul and give Caruso whatever he wants to come to Grand Forks.

*Everybody's got a price, so meet it.

Don't know who the newbie coaches are in the NSIC that could make the jump.  Hoffner is 56 and probably wants to retire in Kato.   

• Upvote 2